Author Topic: just got my NV back from ruger, better than new  (Read 2634 times)

Offline buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
just got my NV back from ruger, better than new
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:55:10 PM »
howdy pards,

I have two new vaqueros'...twins...kind of.  One of the hammers on one gun had no anti slip grooves cut into it. not sure what the real terminology is.  Well the Q.C. inspector must have been on break when that one went by.  So I call Ruger and they tell me to send it back with a note telling them what is wrong.  That was all I wanted fixed.  I just got it back today and on the invoice it says "repaired barrel, replaced internal components as needed, repaired ejector rod, replaced hammer, repaired pawl" 

The trigger cocks back so smooth now and the trigger pull is perfect.  no creep and smoooooth!  My problem now is the other gun feels like crap compared to this one.  I'm going to call Ruger tomorrow and see if they can do the same thing to my other gun. ( gets out file and starts smoothing grooves of off other hammer) hehe  just foolin. 

I have put a couple hundred rounds through both guns already and thought they were both nice.  The difference  now is quite noticable.  I will take them to the range tomorrow and see if they shoot different.

just wanted to share  :)

Offline buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: just got my NV back from ruger, better than new
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 02:26:39 PM »
I called Ruger today and they said to send in the other revolver and they will smooth it up just like the other one. FREE ! 

:D  such nice people to deal with

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »
Ruger got big by doin' good stuff.  They'll get bigger with fine reports like this one.  Colt should listen.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:56:38 AM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:20:05 AM »
They always do fine work in the repair department.  They CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO!
We have sent in several for refinish & a very few for repairs
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 12:37:35 PM »
Ruger got smart a long time ago.  They realized the WORST advertizing in the world is a relatively new gun traded off because it was a clunker.  A feller buys that gun, has problems with it, and he ain't likely to look at a Ruger again.

So uncle Bill musta said something like "If it has my name on it, make it right, so it is a gun we can be proud of"

I know that's how their service works.  Ruger don't care if ya bought it new or used, and basically, unless ya blow it half in two with an overload or run it over with a tank, they gonna take care of IT (not you, IT) because it has their name on it ;)

Smart folks at  Ruger.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com