Author Topic: USFA SAA is "Bestest One"  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA SAA is "Bestest One"
« on: September 11, 2006, 03:53:56 AM »
A nice short and sweet summation about how USFA SAA's compare to Colt & Ruger for SAA platforms for the makings of a Dream Gun.  Alex Hamilton's "Pistol Smithing" in the November/December American Handgunner, page 26 goes a long way to identifying USFA SAA's as the best.  With that kind of reputation, collectible values will go up!  I just wish the USFA SAA's picture was the bigger one, but even so the case colors jump out at you much stronger than the Colt's, and for Ruger, well to me that is something altogether different.

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: USFA SAA is "Bestest One"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
I have heard that Mr. Bowen prefers them over any other and it is not surprising he basically pans Colt with their modified design and poor workmenship compared to the USFA. Colt=Collecting and nostalgia USFA=Quality, historical accuracy and shootability.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 05:20:34 PM »
You're right again, VG!  Bowen has been using USFA over Colt for the past couple of years.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:45:26 PM »

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 01:16:14 AM »
What I find incredible is that some Colt SAA gunsmiths like Eddie Janis won't work on US Firearms and calling them a clone that isn't worth working on , but they will work on a poorly made Colt 3rd generation.  I guess the reality is USFA is too good coming out of the box for them to make any money by trying to improve them.  ;D

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:22:54 AM »
It could be that one of the "Best" just realizes that one of the "Best" doesn't need any work.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
Compared to a Colt 3rd generation the USFA guns are almost perfect out of the box by comparison.  I guess there are still lots of folks that still drink the Colt-Kool-Aid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com