Author Topic: Whooda thunk doing PR work could be so much fun? (kudos to Remington Arms)  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So, our club got a call asking us to put on a CAS demo for an open house or whatever they were gonna do at the Ilion fish and game Club (former Remington family estate) for the Remington Arms co.

Well, we packed up some stuff and 8 of us put on two "shows" for their "stepping Out" day today.

Despite intermittant showers and a bleak sky, several hundred folks turned out to see not only our "shows" but to try, hands on, about 6 different shotgun stations and a rifle range with anything from .22 rimfire to .223 to .45-70 in the new custom shop roller.

Of course we cowboys got to try all their toys too.  So, since PR is effective when done well,  I'm drooling over a model 700 VLS in .223 though I don't need one.  It was just so much fun, and lets don't even talk about the rolling block .45-70 all decked out with CCH and the good sights. A beautiful rifle that shot very well, eay to hit with, good trigger, etc.

Meanwhile we had what for a local CAs club is a HUGE, and loudly appreciative audience, which is good PR, and a bit wierd (as one guy said, lotta things happen when we shoot, but having a crowd appaud is a bit unusual).

The Remington folks were very friendly, laid back, and so cool about integrating superb safety control without ever feeling like they were "controlling" the shooter.

If ya ever get a chance to do PR work with another "gun oriented" sport or company, go for it.
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
That's great!

I helped out at the SASS "booth" at Ducks Unlimited Great Outdoors in Oshkosh, WI on Saturday.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com