Author Topic: Is USFA thinking about recreating Winchester Lever-Actions?  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is USFA thinking about recreating Winchester Lever-Actions?
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:07:06 AM »
The thought of owning accurate recreations of Winchesters is a very pleasurable dream!  I am just curious if USFA has ever thought about it?

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Is USFA thinking about recreating Winchester Lever-Actions?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 05:49:48 PM »
It is my understanding that Browning now holds the rights to the Winchester name and will be producing rifles bearing the name.  Hopefully they will continue the lever action line.  They will probably be made in Japan as were the Winchester models '85, '86, '92 and '95.  Browning has also had a number of their guns produced in Japan, including their own version of the '95 a few years back.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 11:37:03 AM »
Uberti and others make replicas and what would hold USFA back?  They make the SAA and Lightning which started life as Colt products?  Patents run out and I am sure Winchester-Olin only owns the Winchester name, not the patents as they would be expired.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:16:55 PM »

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:21:38 PM »
I know I would line up for an accurate winchester replica made in the USA with real American Walnut and without the dreaded Italian "RED" tint.  Maybe USFA could contract it from whomever is holding the name and/or patents so they can show Winchester how it should have been done.

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »
I know I would line up for an accurate winchester replica made in the USA with real American Walnut and without the dreaded Italian "RED" tint.  Maybe USFA could contract it from whomever is holding the name and/or patents so they can show Winchester how it should have been done.

USFA could still make Winchester 1873s and 1892s with no patent infringement unless they wanted to use the Winchester Trade Mark.  Nothing else should be holding them back other than the cost of development, CNC tooling and the risk that they might not make an ROI.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com