Author Topic: Another GOOD hot sauce  (Read 9776 times)

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Another GOOD hot sauce
« on: August 20, 2006, 05:03:12 PM »
I know it's TABASCO, TABASCO tabasco. But if we were all the same life would be really really wierd.just wanted to talk about a nice little unknown sauce that won't rip yer lips off and burn you on the way out either. It is found at all places but, Long John Silver's. this sauce is hot but has a loong medium heat that does NOT tear you a new one, pardon the english but that is how it is.

This is a real nice addition to your ammo. You can add it with out fear of too much heat idis. Check it out some time when your near an LJS. I don't particularly like LJS but I do like the hot sauce. You can go into the stores and just buy the sauce, they sell it by the bottle. It's pretty good.

Oscar,
Oscar

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Another GOOD hot sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »
..........does NOT tear you a new one, pardon the english but that is how it is.

Geezzzz.....  Do I have a joke for that one.........  I'd get thrown outtah here so fast.......

'Preciate the tip, Oscar.  Somethin' I'll have ta try.  Switched from Tabasco to Texas Pete.  That's a bit milder 'n the older I get.......

That Horse Radish stuff Arby's puts out for ya.  Awwwwww man.  I could eat that stuff smeared on their roast beef sammiches 'til ya'd have ta wheel me out on a hand truck.  I don't think they sell it though.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:58:59 AM »
"Bout out of my favorite, gotta brew up a new batch, it makes Tabaso run and hise, ask Slim. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:19:09 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:39:44 PM »
Prefer Cholula myself.  Lots of taste without the heat.  I worked too hard for my money to spend it on something painful.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »
Cholula is my favorite "everyday" sauce, too; Tapatio runs a close second, in my cupboard, and there is the requisite bottle of red Tobasco, as well as several other varieties that run from ho-hum, to "YIKES!!!.  My son gave me a bottle of some stuff called "Rectal Rocket Fuel" one time - one drop on a taco was plenty, and more was almost too much; I finally tossed it, when the plastic cap on the bottle started to disintegrate.   :o ;) :D :D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 09:59:59 PM »
Yes I to have had the Tapatio and Cholula also. i do like them in great moderation. I also Like Arcey's post about Arby's Horsey Sauce. I like that also. Not too hot and not too mild. Makes those sandwiches jump. i used to do the BBQ competition thing and so do know my way around a hot sauce or two but that was another life, I just don't compete any more. Too expensive and way too much work. 
Oscar

Offline Beans

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 09:23:33 PM »
In the "Old Corps:),  we used Tabasco to spice up the "C's"  and we liberated  it from the mess hall, I understand now it is part of the MRE's

If I eat out I perfer " Cholula"

However at Home I go for the "Arizona gunslinger"  It hard to find in this area, But its worth the search. comes is red & green ;D

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 10:06:59 PM »
Obviously you live in Arizona????
Oscar

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:34:43 AM »
One thing many varieties of hot sauce's lack is a blend of flavors, to often the are base on one or two types of peppers.  The stuff I make varies with what I can get for peppers, but tends to be hot as you know what with lots of flavor.

I gather what I can find for dried red peppers, most often a dozen or so, then blend them by guess as to getting heat and flavor.  I grind them in the blender and add kosher or canning salt and cider vinegar.   I add a bit more vinegarar over a couple of weeks time till they are well hydrated.  Then I run this through the blender again for 20-30 minutes.  I make about a quart at a time and then test it to see where it's at. ;D

Some peppers bite right away, some take a while, a blend of a dozen or more enhance the flavor.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »
For my own taste, I much prefer the flavor to the heat.  I can tolerate the heat, but "just hot" ain't good - it's got to taste like a nice fresh or roasted pepper.  I used to work with a guy, though, who didn't care what it tasted like, as long as it was HOT.   ??? ::) :o
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »
By using a large amount of the New Mexico dried and a few of the others that are hot one can blend a very nice mix.  I use a lot of caynne, habanero and picates in my sauce, but the mix works well no matter which ones you use.  Removing all or most of the seeds will tame it down also.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »
I'm with the Tapatio/Cholula crowd. I use those two more than anything. Of course, we haven't mentioned Pickapeppa sauce, yet...

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 01:19:07 AM »
I'm Like you i like the flavor without alot of heat. i did not put the frowning face on my last post. above dels. How does that get there I did not press any smiley faces on the message board at all. if you notice i never do. if you accidentally brush one does it send that? i am not too computer savvy.
Oscar

Offline oscar

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 01:23:27 AM »
I just left an apolojetic post and it did not post. i also did not place the frowny face on my last post above dels. I never use that stuff, mainly because i don't know how. So i'll try this again.
Oscar

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »
Put the cursor where you want it and put the arrow on the one ya want and click. ;D  Often my sauce causes this in some folks. :'(   ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Beans

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 11:10:31 AM »
Obviously you live in Arizona?

Nope Not Yet,

Close but no Cigar.

I live in Nevada

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 04:29:18 PM »
Pickapeppa?

Whazzat?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 06:51:21 PM »
Anyone else cravin' a good taco or is it just me?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »
Picapeppa sauce is from Jamacia, got's some sort of bird on the label. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline blue drifter

• semper fi blue drifter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 03:40:45 PM »
Geezzzz.....  Do I have a joke for that one.........  I'd get thrown outtah here so fast.......

'Preciate the tip, Oscar.  Somethin' I'll have ta try.  Switched from Tabasco to Texas Pete.  That's a bit milder 'n the older I get.......

That Horse Radish stuff Arby's puts out for ya.  Awwwwww man.  I could eat that stuff smeared on their roast beef sammiches 'til ya'd have ta wheel me out on a hand truck.  I don't think they sell it though.
ARCEY,OSCAR,DEL  check out this site; peppers.com they have anything you want ;) I think they have stuff for the older crowd ( that's A bit milder ) :o ;)
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com