Author Topic: What are you doing this Weekend ?  (Read 318756 times)

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What are you doing this Weekend ?
« Reply #800 on: December 23, 2009, 04:59:40 AM »
Off to Sydney on Friday to celebrate at my son's apartment (two sons living in Sydney, both working night shifts before and after. Rest up Saturday (and load ammo), party Sat night and down the range on Sunday for a shoot, then back to Sydney for my families party on Monday. I'll be resting up after that.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
What are you doing this Weekend ?
« Reply #801 on: January 08, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »

Well I'll get back into this.  ???

Saturday:

Up to the pistol club Working bee in the morning and a Committee Meeting after lunch(along with my other duties I'm Vice President of the club)

Sunday;

Havein the guys down to do all the paperwork there is six of us taking a trip over the ditch to New Zealand and shoot the Trans Tasman"Duel Down Under in February ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAVE a GOOD WEEKEND EVERYBODY

Dakota  8)
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

• Top Active Citizen
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #802 on: January 09, 2010, 08:09:47 AM »
That's almost a posse!

I bought a helmet and safety apparel fo rmy wife on Friday and we rode to Black Springs to meet the guys and girls from the bike club in Sydney. They were on the way to the Capitol Rally in Canberra and camp at Black Springs on the way. We had a good yarn around the fire, ate dinner including a few jaffles and rode back.

Clean up day today and off to Bunnings to get garden supplies. My wife thought she was in heaven, there were hundreds of plants on sale for $2. That kept her out of mischief for the rest of the day. I cooked a roast dinner and got ready for the Cowra Cowboys tomorrow.

I had a rush of blood the other day and bought a set of consecutively numbered stainless Ruger Old Armys with open sights and 5 1/2" Bbls from Cleavers. They will keep me out of mischief getting them working when I get them.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Advertising

« Reply #803 on: Today at 09:49:56 AM »

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #803 on: January 09, 2010, 10:32:30 PM »
That's almost a posse!

I bought a helmet and safety apparel fo rmy wife on Friday and we rode to Black Springs to meet the guys and girls from the bike club in Sydney. They were on the way to the Capitol Rally in Canberra and camp at Black Springs on the way. We had a good yarn around the fire, ate dinner including a few jaffles and rode back.

Clean up day today and off to Bunnings to get garden supplies. My wife thought she was in heaven, there were hundreds of plants on sale for $2. That kept her out of mischief for the rest of the day. I cooked a roast dinner and got ready for the Cowra Cowboys tomorrow.

I had a rush of blood the other day and bought a set of consecutively numbered stainless Ruger Old Armys with open sights and 5 1/2" Bbls from Cleavers. They will keep me out of mischief getting them working when I get them.

Say Hi to them Cowra Cowboys when you go out, will be a bit warm out there today. Have fun shootin  ;D You get a lot of fun out of those Ruger Old Armys there good fun when you work up a load. :)

Dakota  8)

SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

• Top Active Citizen
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #804 on: January 11, 2010, 03:10:56 AM »
Hot? Yep, it was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! None of the Canberra mob was there which was a shame, I always enjoy their company and Mule Camp at Canberra was my first real cowboy shoot, as I have always regarded the Majura mob as my cowboy family, Ricochet, Grace, Miss Clancy and Trooper and Pinkerton who I only ever see every blue moon. I went pretty well considering I haven't shot a match since Chisholm in October apart form my normally ultra reliable Urtechnea shotgun failing badly after being assaulted by a tune up gunsmith. I have had pretty good luck with gunsmiths over the years, but I have had major troubles with cowboy gunsmiths in several firearms. This shooty was mega reliable, pressed into service when I had shotgun trooubles, it has never missed a beat. the only hangup was that the opening lever was a bit stiff. I specifically asked that the triggers be left alone. Now it is out of time and refuses to fire anything other that Federal ammo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I gotta get the books out and do my own!

Anyway, no shooting next weekend off to the Hunter Valley on the motorcycle, a swim in the river and dinner and a few beers at the Bank Hotel at Dungog. Visit the Bro in law on Sunday and have one of his wife's famous Lamb Roasts (every diner gets their own bone to chew!). We have an appointement in Sydney on Monday on the way home and I will have to pop into Horsley Park to check out a new cowboy shotty! Dinner in the mountains, maybe a big pie at the Ivanhoe Hotel in Blackheath r carve up some twisties on the Bell's Line of Road and a feed in the Irish Reataurant at the Workies at Lithgow. Lifeis too short!

www.boldlawdawgs.com

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #805 on: January 11, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »
Hot? Yep, it was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! None of the Canberra mob was there which was a shame, I always enjoy their company and Mule Camp at Canberra was my first real cowboy shoot, as I have always regarded the Majura mob as my cowboy family, Ricochet, Grace, Miss Clancy and Trooper and Pinkerton who I only ever see every blue moon. I went pretty well considering I haven't shot a match since Chisholm in October apart form my normally ultra reliable Urtechnea shotgun failing badly after being assaulted by a tune up gunsmith. I have had pretty good luck with gunsmiths over the years, but I have had major troubles with cowboy gunsmiths in several firearms. This shooty was mega reliable, pressed into service when I had shotgun trooubles, it has never missed a beat. the only hangup was that the opening lever was a bit stiff. I specifically asked that the triggers be left alone. Now it is out of time and refuses to fire anything other that Federal ammo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I gotta get the books out and do my own!

Anyway, no shooting next weekend off to the Hunter Valley on the motorcycle, a swim in the river and dinner and a few beers at the Bank Hotel at Dungog. Visit the Bro in law on Sunday and have one of his wife's famous Lamb Roasts (every diner gets their own bone to chew!). We have an appointement in Sydney on Monday on the way home and I will have to pop into Horsley Park to check out a new cowboy shotty! Dinner in the mountains, maybe a big pie at the Ivanhoe Hotel in Blackheath r carve up some twisties on the Bell's Line of Road and a feed in the Irish Reataurant at the Workies at Lithgow. Life is too short!

But LIFE is GREAT  :)

You and your wife have a great time next weekend  :D

Dakota  8)

SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #806 on: January 14, 2010, 09:02:27 PM »

Saturday.

Up to the range,for the day

Sunday.

80th birthday for one of my wife's family member.

HAVE a GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY

Dakota  8)

SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline saltbush from oz

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #807 on: January 15, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »
got the pistols now  ;D
but now where to shoot  :(
can i have a go now,is it my go yet

• Top Active Citizen
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #808 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
got the pistols now  ;D

At the targets!!!!

What did you buy? I just bought a pair of ROAs and they are with the club armourer and I have a pair of RNMVs coming for the wife. They are the SASS specials in 38 with the lowered hammer. She doesn't know yet, she will be stoked. I got  the 357 Rossi tuned up nice for her. She jasn't fired the shotty yet, that may be a prob, don't think so though, shes as keen as mustard.

www.boldlawdawgs.com

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #809 on: January 15, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »
got the pistols now  ;D

Saltbush.

Kenthurst on Sunday 24th, be there for a shoot. ;D

Dakota  8)
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline saltbush from oz

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #810 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:27 PM »
i'm in ;)
got the nmv 5 1/2" blue 357
from ssaa at st marys

• Top Active Citizen
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #811 on: January 19, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »
The NMVs should be good, I use a pair of 45s in 5 1/2" Bbls (amongst other steenking pistolas, I wish I could just settle on one set :( ). I have a pair of SASS NMVs in 357 coming for the wife. Good luck with them.

Goofing off on Saturday, RO'ing on Sunday, IPSC and plinkers I think. I'd better dust off the 1911 or the Beretta.

www.boldlawdawgs.com

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: January 22, 2010, 12:47:47 AM »

Saturday: Off to range for the morning ;D.

Sunday: Down to Sydney and shoot with the Kenthurst Cowboys. ;D

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE a GREAT WEEKEND

Dakota  8)

SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline saltbush from oz

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: January 24, 2010, 03:22:41 AM »
shot today, stuffed up heaps  :(
but had fun burning in the guns  ;D

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: January 24, 2010, 04:35:52 PM »
shot today, stuffed up heaps  :(
but had fun burning in the guns  ;D

It was a great day overcast and not hot,them new shooting  irons worked well for you Saltbush.

Dakota  8)
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: January 28, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »

Saturday: Out to the range for the a day of shooting.  ;D

Sunday: Should have a day at home, up in the shed cleaning guns and doing some reloading. :D

HOPE EVERYBODY HAS a GREAT WEEKEND

Dakota  8)

SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Capt. Texas Elliot

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: January 29, 2010, 12:52:13 AM »
Taking my bike for a ride.  ;D

• Top Active Citizen
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: January 29, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
Saturday: Service the Datto (1990 Nissan Patrol 4.2Ltr Diesel) tomorrow morning, formal pistol shoot at 1pm at the Pistol Aust Club, try and squeeze in a ride on the BM before a big dinner (my Chinese wife did a power of shopping at the Chinese supermarkets in Sydney today).

Sunday: Novelty shoot at the SSAA Pistol Club, I don't know what they are shooting, so I'll take a cap and ball, a 1911, a 92FS, a 22 and a 38, that should cover it! If I don't get the ride done on Saturday, I might head out after the range on Sunday.

I won't need any rocking on Sunday night.

Nice bikes those Honda Vs. My mate had one, you couldn't hurt it. He lived about 200 yards from the beach at Maroubra and there wasn't one bit of chrome that wasn't bubbled, peeled and rusted, but he rode that ugly gal all over Australia.

Where are you based Tex? We should do a ride together one day.

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Silent Joe

« Reply #818 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:44 PM »
Saterday Lady Lis and Me went over to a Western Experience Show. Visit the vendors, Indianshow and horseshow. Maybe I can buy myself a pair of cavalryboots or a grey vest. :)  Sunday we go to a Western Shooting Match.

Offline Capt. Texas Elliot

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: January 29, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
A ride would be good.

I am at Yetholme, about 26km on the Lithgow side of Bathurst.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com