Author Topic: Taurus customer service experiance on Thunderbolts?  (Read 5281 times)

44caliberkid

Taurus customer service experiance on Thunderbolts?
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »
Many of the threads discussing the Thunderbolt refer to sending them back to Taurus for work.  What are your personal experiances with the results?  How long did it take?   Was the problem fixed?

Offline WINTERVILLE WILL

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Taurus customer service experiance on Thunderbolts?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 09:07:36 AM »
No experience specifically with thunderbolts, but other experience with them is less than stellar...they get around to things when they get around to things...if you order parts, you have a 50-50 chance of getting what you need... :(

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 03:21:25 PM »
Hey caliber kid:

I sent my Thunderbolt back to Taurus in early April (3 months ago) and to date they still are giving me the run around about waiting on parts.  When you call customer service they are very evasive and will not give you a straight answer.  Many people on other threads that have sent their Thunderbolts back to Taurus had the same problems with customer service that I am having. They waited quite a long time and after many phone calls and alot of frustration with Taurus, they were eventually sent replacement rifles.

The main problem with mine (as with others) was major jamming where one round was on the lifter and another went in under the lifter thereby jamming the action to the point where the only way to clear the rifle was to dis-assemble the entire front of the rifle (magazine assy.).  This is not good when your on the line at a match.  The other problem, which is a very serious one is that the thing would fire when you closed the bolt...it would just slam fire.  This accidental firing happened numerous times.

I think Taurus, has put out a real lemon here and doesn't not know how to fix the problems with it.  I for one will never ever buy a Taurus product again.  Yes...I have some sour grapes and one big bad taste in my mouth after dealing with these people.

As far as I am concerned they can ship these rifles up the Amazon and use them for blow guns.

If your thinkin about this one....I would think twice...save your money and get a good lever gun.

Outrider
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:07:53 PM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:44:54 AM »
I have watched them carefully at our matches & some in PA & AZ.  I ain't impressed yet.
AND I BEEN WANTIN' ONE BAD!!!!!  In .44 Special, for Calamity JoAnne.
Can anyone recommend a a good Thunderbolt mechanic?
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

44caliberkid

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 08:39:25 AM »
A fellow in our club actually sent his Thunderbolt to AWA ( I hear they have an excellent 'smith, and going by my experiance with 2 of their pistols, they need one) and they were able to fix it for him.

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »
You're kiddin'----Right?
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

44caliberkid

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:06:18 AM »
No, not kidding at all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com