Author Topic: Sightin and test of Trail Boss Smokeless.  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Halfway Creek Charlie

• AKA Old Dragoon,The Gunslinger and other no so polite names...
  • Top Active Citizen
  • My Wyatte Earp Impression
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sightin and test of Trail Boss Smokeless.
« on: June 26, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »
Saturday morning I was able to get to the indoor range to sight in my 4 ASP/Euroarms Pistolas. My two Gunslinger 4 3/4" bbl and the two 1977 ASP 8" original '58's that are 541 numbers apart. The two 1977's have short front sights and shoot accordingly. The two gunslingers, one has the original tall front sight, the other older one has a made by me front sight, a guess as to height.

All shots were taken as follow; Seated on a stool, elbows supported on a leather briefcase, two handed.  Shot at CAS pistol yardage. 4.75 Grns Trail Boss, 44 Colt brass, 248 grn Old West Mould 44 Rem. C.F. bullet, CCI Magnum Primers.

First 5 are in the white, flyer is my fault. Second five are bull at 6:00 O'clock. Sight is too short and will be replaced.

Again first five are in the white, second five are bull at 6:00 O'clock. Same deal, needs taller sight.

This is the 19944 Gunslinger with my tall front sight. hole in 7 ring is actually a fly on the target. The fliers are me flinching and were the first shots.

This is the newer Gunslinger, 2004(my Guess). Factory taller sight.

These guns will shoot 5.0 Grns Trail Boss but the 4.75 seems like a great load for CAS or indoor shooting, now to get the two 1977's and the older Gunslinger to pattern as good as the 2004 Gunslinger. That and to shoot more to get rid of my caused fliers.
More shooting is the answer.

SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Offline Oldelm

• Vietnam Vet 66-67
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sightin and test of Trail Boss Smokeless.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 03:30:17 PM »
Charlie,...good shootin!  Looks like you found a good load for them .44Colt/Rem heeled bullets. I sure wish Walt would deliver more of them cylinders to Bernie,....I'm still waiting for one.

I was able to replace the short front sights on my Euroarms '58 Army, and my ASP '58 Navy with Uberti replacement sights from VTI.  In doing it , I noticed that they were both TAPERED sliding dovetailed into the front slot. I thought that was pretty neat. By trial & error , when fitting the new ones, I just kept taking off a little at a time until it snugged up nicely by light tapping. To remove,...you have to back it out,...it won't go all the way through because of the taper. Nice!  ;)

I'll post some pics of the process later on new thread maybe. Thanks for showing us those targets,..... nice to see them shootin to good. Was it 10 yds or 15?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com