Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 177443 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
One of these Days, Alice.  To tha MOON!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2008, 06:01:22 PM »
Don’t know that ever’body has it in their TV package, WGN Chicago runs WKRP, Newhart and The Honeymooners, two episodes each, Sunday evenings.

Zoom, zoom straight to the Moon!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2008, 06:46:13 PM »
Jus plain Newhart er "Bob Newhart"?
     Makes all the difference ya know.  The Bob Newhart Show was classic.  Newhart was just OK.
Say hi ta Dr. Johnny Fever fer me 8)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #263 on: Today at 05:59:28 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2008, 01:30:10 AM »
Arcey, I'll have to check those shows out of WGN.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
Other than racin’ ‘n football it’s all I watch.

The Bob Newhart Show was classic.  Newhart was just OK.

Leo

The Bob Newhart Show ran six seasons, Newhart ran eight. They had the sponsors ‘n Neilson fooled with an ‘ok’ show, doancha think?

Boogerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2008, 01:24:11 PM »
Arcey, I am not allowed to say the B word in Moose's house.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
If these over-hypin’ fools werkin’ this race don’t quit pretty soon, my old lady is gonna hear all kindahs werds she don’t like ta hear in the house……

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »
Arcey, You know how these teachers like to run a tight ship.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »
Other than racin’ ‘n football it’s all I watch.

The Bob Newhart Show ran six seasons, Newhart ran eight. They had the sponsors ‘n Neilson fooled with an ‘ok’ show, doancha think?

What I liked about the old show was the patient characters.  That an it washed the bad taste of Mary Tyler Moore outta yer mouth since Bob came on right after.  At least in 1970's syndacation it did.   Sorry Mary, ya jus didn't do it fer me.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »
I was too young to watch it during the regular run, but watched it occasionally when I got older, I always thought she was a looker.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2008, 05:31:52 PM »
She got it all ta her likin’, Tex. She went to the book store……..

Worked out a l’il trick a long, long time ago. When a TV program, like MTM, came on I didn’t like, I didn’t watch it.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »
I was too young to watch it during the regular run, but watched it occasionally when I got older, I always thought she was a looker.

Well I'm sure it was just me.  After all she could turn the whole world on with a smile--cept fer young Leo. ::)  She was better as Laura Petrie, don't know if it was the black an white or her youth at the time.

I wasn't the house program director back then Arcey, I was a kid, an everynight at dinner my dad would roll the TV inta the dining area on it's little cart an watch them two shows.  After the meal it'd get rolled back ta the livingroom in time fer the news.  These days I have quite a bit more say regarding what crap I watch ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
watched all them shows back when they was first on,  Mom and Dad liked em so that's what we watched,  in the late 70's through the 80's  I just didn't watch TV,  I did a lot of  shooting back then and I'd be out either reloading or over at a friends casting bullets.  doing anything but watching TV.  Jackie's always surprised when she turns on a rerun show, I'll tell her I've never seen a lot of em.  when I watch it, I see I didn't miss nothing. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
Rule in my house when I was a kid:  No TV during dinner.  I kinda stick to those old rules and if I ever have a family, I'll be the most hated man in the house.  Of course, while single, I don't even have a dinner table.  That's what the lap is for. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »
all through the years when I had kids at home, we sat at the dinner table and ate together, no TV, but since we've been rid of all kids for several years, we hardly ever use the table, we got some trays and sit in here in the living room and watch whatever's on, 
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
...She was better as Laura Petrie, ...

She started a fashion trend with those capri pants.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »
It was a funny thing, the TV in the kitchen.  Dad was perty strict, but had ta have his MTM an Bob everynight while we ate.  It weren't fer me an my sister, and it stopped when we moved ta a differnt house.  From then on dinner time was about listnin ta Dad tell us about his day at work.  I think he missed Mary an Bob.

If ya skipped TV in the 80's OT, ya did yerself a favor.  I did the same thing in the 90's when my kids was little.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
MTM had been a dancer before the Dick Van Dyke show was on. She danced on Broadway. Dick was tall and skinny so I guess they thought she would be a good match for Dick on the show Sheldon Leonard was the probucer of a lot of those shows on CBS back then. I guess he saw something in her.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »
She started a fashion trend with those capri pants.

Well it's the ultimate thread drift come full circle :D
     The award fer Best Camping Accessory of All Time is............
CAPRI PANTS!!!
...or CLAM DIGGERS fer our coastal friends or PEDAL PUSHERS fer our friends who is tryin ta deal with the rising cost of gas.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com