Author Topic: Vintage Hunting and NCOWS  (Read 405358 times)

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vintage Hunting and NCOWS
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »

Nice buck Rowdy
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline buckskin billy

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
thats one to be proud of.
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »
Nice buck! Way to go Rowdy.
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 02:49:22 PM »

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »
Nice one Rowdy boy. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Howdy
Thanks everyone for all the kind words . That buck was my 20th deer to be taken with my muzzle loader . So when rifle season starts it will be doe only for me . I want to take a couple does with my 1873 in 44wcf . We have worked up a round that would   mimic  the original Winchester round . I was out today shooting a couple samples , and at 90 yards she was right on .
Good Luck to everyone , and have a safe Hunting Season . Remember we want pictures .

Offline Carr Creek Kid

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
Rowdy, that's a nice buck! What load did you work up for your 44wcf? My henry is 44/40 and I've been playing around with trying to get the most accurate holy black load with optimum oomph. I've been doing alright with around 37 grains goex 3f and big lube .429's but I think swiss might work better. It's just a 100 yard gun anyway (tops), but I'd like to find a load that shoots tight as possible.   
Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2012, 08:18:48 AM »
Hey Rowdy ,Nice buck ,looks like you made a (Dead Right There Shot) . Good Job .Vintage Hunting at its best !

Offline jefff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:04 AM »
nice deer rowdy,but he looks tired and listless,eyes seem dull ,and think hes bleeding a little.maybe you should get him ckd out these are signs of drug abuse.jefff

Offline Carr Creek Kid

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »
I think he OD'ed on lead... ::)
Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »
CCK
A 50 caliber Rifle is tough to beat . Jeremiah Johnson would agree to that .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BSB
Hope you are feeling better , they say that Jim Beam works ?

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
Congrats on a nice buck Rowdy. That's the way to do it.

I only got to hunt Saturday morning as I had to get ready for my wife and I to leave for vacation this week. I only saw one at a distance and didn't have a safe shot.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Carr Creek Kid

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »
Like this one   :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7nqxIdROsI&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »
CCK
That was an Excellent movie . One of my favorites . Thanks for post that . Well tomorrow is the starting of Fall Turkey season . Hope I can smoke one .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

I'm getting my gear ready for tomorrows hunt . The weather will be about 30 degree's cooler than yesterday . But at least it will be dry , it has rained all day . Going to use my 1878 from EMF , it has the 26 inch barrels . I have a few of the black powder shotgun shells loaded . Now all I need is the Turkeys .

Offline Carr Creek Kid

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
Good luck to ya Rowdy! I'm taking my 44wcf henry and my 30-06 1895 to get a little target practice before the season starts.

Offline buckskin billy

• Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
well thursday was 85 degrees in north east louisana. a front moved through that night. friday morning it was 59 when i left for work and scattered showers. got to the camp friday night. woke up at the butt crack of dawn saturday morning to a howling north wind and 36 degrees. the wind blew all day saturday, didnt see nothing not even a bird. saturday night me and my hunting pards feasted on grilled deer steaks. a guy that hunts with us killed a nice 8 point and i skint it for the hide. gonna brain tan it. went to bed early. awoke about 11:30 to the wind blowing limbs over the tin roof of our camp and realize i needed to relieve myself. the moon was full and i was casting a shadow while taking care of business. i decieded to sleep in sunday morning, got on my stand at 10:00 that morning. hunted till 2:00 not seeing nothing. went to camp to find my hunting pard had taken a nice doe. cooked some more deer steaks. got back on the stand at 4:00 and hunted till dark. right at dark the wind finally layed. two coons came across my shooting lane. that was all i seen. but the good thing about it was, despite the wind blowing it was a great weekend. got to dress in my buckskins and carry my sharps rifle. maybe better luck next weekend
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
Howdy
Thanks everyone for all the kind words . That buck was my 20th deer to be taken with my muzzle loader . So when rifle season starts it will be doe only for me . I want to take a couple does with my 1873 in 44wcf . We have worked up a round that would   mimic  the original Winchester round . I was out today shooting a couple samples , and at 90 yards she was right on .
Good Luck to everyone , and have a safe Hunting Season . Remember we want pictures .

Nice shootin' Rowdy! I don't get in here very often these days, but I'm always checking ta see if you have hunted sumpthin'  ;D
I haven't been able to shoot rifle yet, but my 76' in 45/75 WILL be out with me at least two days this season. Managed a 8pt with the bow a week or so ago - so there is meat in the freezer.
Once again nice shooting, and good luck on your doe!

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
Dirty Brass
Good to hear from you . Good job with the Bow , nice Buck . Looks like you will be making jerky this fall . Actually I prefer to eat it over making it . congratulations on your Deer . And thanks for the pictures .

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »
I'll probably make some jerky out of one of the doe we hope to get this season. There have been many deer seen all year, so if they just stay put for three more weeks ? Haven't made any jerky in a couple of years, so I'm overdue. I almost had everyone shooting lever guns opening day, but I think they are having second thoughts. They like their scoped super charged rifles too much (chuckle) I have an urger to drop something with the 1886 Winchester 45/70 (Japan model), but my first choice will be the 45/75 again.

Keep working up those 44 WCF loads - I'm paying attention. :)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »
Howdy
Well the first batch of Jerky is done . I have been sampling on it tonight . Hope I have enough to take in my day pack in Rifle season . Will need to top my canteen off , that Jerky sure make's a man thirsty .

Offline wildman1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2012, 04:38:22 AM »
Yer makin me hungry Rowdy, I see yer deer and think of a nice juicy piece of backstrap with a couple of eggs fer breakfast.  ;D WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com