Author Topic: Firing over the heads of people on TV!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Firing over the heads of people on TV!
« on: October 21, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
I caught the tail end of an old episode (I'd never seen it before) of "Viva la Bam" on MTV a few days ago and still can't get over what I saw. They had some re-enactors on their property and were doing all kinds of insane things I won't go into here. I'm not a fan of the show, but I have watched it a few times. Anyway, after a lot of silliness with re-enactors (I still can't believe any of them agreed to take part in this), they loaded what looked like a 6 pound solid shot and fired it from what appeared to be a mountain howitzer, over the heads of a large group of people, into a tree house on the other side of a field! According to info I found online, apparently it was an "original" shot they found on their property (apparently they do live very close to a CW battlefield), but there's no way to know if that's correct or not. I'm still reeling from this and cannot believe anyone could be freaking stupid, especially to get on TV doing that! It wasn't the people from the show, it was a cannon owner who did this! I didn't pay attention to the gun or recalled the name of the owner, as I was only wondering if they'd really fire it over a crowd. You could see the ball go off into the trees and they inspected the damages from it afterward. I could only find this info online: http://www.imdb.com/title/ttl0741705/ I'm guessing this guy Buddy Garrett was the one who handled this?
I found a link to the ending of it here:
http://www.spike.com/episode/16750?st=2778667

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Firing over the heads of people on TV!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »
It looks like the gene pool needs some work!! :o
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:30:36 AM »
Sounds like "par-for-the-course" for that show, Captain Lee!  Like Col. Bull alluded to: this is how & why the "Darwin Awards" came about!
 ::)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:58:11 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com