Author Topic: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up  (Read 183206 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2015, 07:27:50 PM »
The Stroganoff is simmering. We have a fire in the fireplace, a good night to stay inside.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2015, 08:20:58 PM »
Got some of the evil frozen white stuff falling here, supposed to get 1 to 3 inches then turn to freezing rain/rain. Will be a mess on the roadways . Guess I'll try to stay home and fight the cold I came down with.Think I could have caught it from LIT through the computer??

I think that is called a computer virus!!! ??? ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »
Be safe everyone.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 08:14:19 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 113
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2015, 09:15:23 PM »

I think that is called a computer virus!!! ??? ;D
Yep.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »
Practice safe plugins on your computer!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2015, 12:39:26 AM »
Hey Trinity...

ya might want to start loading yer own shot-shells... sounds like them wally-world specials are shootin blanks! :D
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2015, 05:52:31 AM »
Might be some holes in the pattern on that 20,TK ::) :o

I'll start a pot. Been raining since yesterday morning, still is. Temp is 57 :o Back into the dumper tomorrow, plus, the evil white stuff is expected to start Monday night into Tuesday. 2-4" predicted.
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

A l'il foggy, seventy even, guessin' higher in the afternoon. Rain, humid 'n a fresh breeze. Nose dive 'n the bottom gets hit Thursday.

Turnt on the Ravens game it o-dark fifteen. Watched the action 'n many good parts twice. Went kinda quick. Like the heck outta the FF 'n Mute buttons on the remote thingy. No Al Michaels, no Cris Collinsworth, no commercials. Great broadcast.

She's doin' the evenin' repast. All's I gotta do is prep a cabbage.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I slept in this morning. I stayed up watching the Ravens beat the Steelers. The Cardinals did not give the Panthers much of a challenge. I don't think that they can win against a good team like Seattle or the Packers.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2015, 08:25:22 AM »
Pattern, what pattern?  LOL always amazes me how many people never hung up a piece of paper and patterned their shotguns to know what they would do.  Yep it blows shot out the end.  Doubt it's the shells if it happened as described, most likely ain't shooting to point of aim and what ever is catching the fringe of the pattern.

Put up some large paper and put an aiming point in the center , then pull the gun up fast and shoot at it, paper don't lie.   ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »
Could be the operator. That's the usual problem. Hand the shotgun 'n shells to someone else 'n they destroy the target.

Challenger will fly in Indianapolis. Last appearance the netwerk didn't air it. Didn't wanna be too American. Ain't politically correct. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »
The Cawffee is going fast. It is a 2 pot morning. No clue for breakfast this morning. No rain, but it is cold outside. The fireplace feels good. I hope that the Bengals can beat the Colts and the Cowboys beat Detroit.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got another 1" of white overnight. 'Tis 18 and a few flakes coming down. "Blustery. Colder. Mostly cloudy. Considerable blowing and drifting snow. Light snow likely in the morning. Additional snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs in the upper teens. Temperatures falling into the lower single digits in the afternoon. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Wind chills to 20 below zero in the afternoon."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 431
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »
Understand the Dove hunting, maybe even the squirrel or rabbit if'n' one were looking to eat ....
but the Raven & Jay baffle me  ::) as to why ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
Mornin' y'all.

Temp is somewhere in the 20s, high expected in the 40s.  some clouds, though they're burning off.

Back to the shotgun, I patterned it when I bought it (within hours), with the exact load I was using yesterday(Federals).  Same box of shells.  At the ranges I was shooting at, it put up anywhere between a 7" and 30" pattern.  I doubt they were underloaded shells, because they cycled that semi-auto shotgun every time.  All I can guess is that the 7 1/2 shot just didn't have the oomph to get 'er done. ???

And as to the raven and jay, we have a surplus, and they are annoying.  I mean, annoying like stealing the food off of your plate.  While you're using it.  And the ravens are just, many multiples.  And we were going to use them to train a puppy to retrieve birds, as well. 

Whatever the case, I'm taking a .22 next time, with Stingers.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
I went back to sleep and woke up at 1100. Moose fixed some Cranberry-Orange muffins for breakfast and we had some pigs in a blanket. The sun is out, but it is still cold. Jerry has closed the roof, so folks can be warm and toasty inside. A roast, with onions, carrots, and potatoes is planned for supper tonight.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »
Understand the Dove hunting, maybe even the squirrel or rabbit if'n' one were looking to eat ....
but the Raven & Jay baffle me  ::) as to why ?

Equally sad, M2, is a wildlife vandal lacking the proficiency in both skill and choice of equipment to execute a clean kill. But, what the heck. What's a wild bird suffering before dying worth when you have a puppy to train?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
I am looking forward to having the roast tonight. The stroganoff was good last night. The stroganoff was the first meal fixed for me after we were married.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 431
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
Equally sad, M2, is a wildlife vandal lacking the proficiency in both skill and choice of equipment to execute a clean kill. But, what the heck. What's a wild bird suffering before dying worth when you have a puppy to train?

uh huh !
when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
Mornin' y'all.

Temp is somewhere in the 20s, high expected in the 40s.  some clouds, though they're burning off.

Back to the shotgun, I patterned it when I bought it (within hours), with the exact load I was using yesterday(Federals).  Same box of shells.  At the ranges I was shooting at, it put up anywhere between a 7" and 30" pattern.  I doubt they were underloaded shells, because they cycled that semi-auto shotgun every time.  All I can guess is that the 7 1/2 shot just didn't have the oomph to get 'er done. ???

And as to the raven and jay, we have a surplus, and they are annoying.  I mean, annoying like stealing the food off of your plate.  While you're using it.  And the ravens are just, many multiples.  And we were going to use them to train a puppy to retrieve birds, as well. 

Whatever the case, I'm taking a .22 next time, with Stingers.

--TKte
Is the shot lead or steel?

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com