Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132390 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2014, 06:03:37 AM »
Mornin'.

See yestitty fer weather predictions. SOS in the lower right. 48 days 'til fall.

Thought the Trin dude been off with the Forty dude plottin' a take o'er of the country from the right 'n left coasts............
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:24 AM »
Mornin'.

See yestitty fer weather predictions. SOS in the lower right. 48 days 'til fall.

Thought the Trin dude been off with the Forty dude plottin' a take o'er of the country from the right 'n left coasts............

Plotting the Gray-op's

Thanks for the coffee
Passed my pee test. Kept yelling bring me another cup- they didn't se the humor in that.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 115
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2014, 07:01:57 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Nurses have no sense of humor.  ::)

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 78.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I can never get enough to go in one of those little cups, otherwise I can pee all day in the commode.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 431
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2014, 08:30:34 AM »
Storms off the coast, we are feeling NADA , partly cloudy but bright, a tad cooler maybe  :-\

....and I'm taking a PTO day today... just because.... & Planning on Catfish for lunch.

Thanks for the coffee.... 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »
Your right Slim they don't

Major2 catfish sounds good right now. I am having leftover CFS - that i made last evening. But catfish sounds mo betta'. Maybe this weekend.

I may make some fish taco's too
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »
Heh, heh, heh.......

Took the fat lady ta Sam's fer sumthin' else she wanted but didn't buy last time. Got ta thinkin' 'bout the hawk scream files o'er a couple Nathan's dogs.

Got home 'n pulled up the page. Recorded 'em on my cell thingy set ta dictate mode. The hi-tech one I paid near $17.00 for.

Tossed a nut, bird got it. 'Nother bird got the second. Here come the furry l'il not so secret squirrel. Hit play. He stopped, stood on 'is hind legs 'n looked 'round. Back down on all fours snoopin' 'round for a nut. Hit it again, same scenaro, freeze, look 'n creep 'round summore. Third time, reckon 'e figgered 'e was pushin' 'is luck 'n took off.

Named the files 'Squirrel Repellant' 1 thru 4. Hope they don't get used to it. Real hawk might get 'em. Don't know how I'd live with myownself it one did.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2014, 03:21:41 PM »
Hawks gotta eat, too, Arcey ;D

Got the new blower installed today,plus, serviced the others down at the sewer plant. Did some trimming as well. Raining here now,67 it says. Keys to the kingdom day tomorrow ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 04:04:39 PM »
I love watching the birds of pray in action.
I also have to admit I like seeing any and all predator in action.
This especially includes house cats that hunt "bushy tailed tree rats". They seem to get more than the birds of pray. (go get them Kitty Kitty!)
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
Hawks gotta eat, too, Arcey

Hehehehehe....... sure do.

So do I. Salads with fresh butchered vegetables 'n two day old chicken. Don't know how old the cheese was.....

Ennyways....

This here be Camellia:

An American Bald Eagle.

T'other end:

A bird of prey.

Watched the egg laid. Werried myownself sick it'd freeze. Saw 'im hatch. Then 'is brothers. Three bird clutch, all male.

CCB thought he was a she 'n named 'im Camellia. Then they got 'im out the nest for bandin' 'n transmitterin'. Opps... Too late, they'd already plastered Camellia all o'er the 'net. He was banded NC 'n that was that. These days they wait 'til they know i.e., Grace (Gracie), banded MR 'n female.

Watched 'im learn ta eat on his own. Watched the three of 'em fight o'er food. Then watched 'em fight just for the hell of it. When they were little they'd burn the energy up 'n give out like ya flipped a switch. Face plant, beak first inta the nest. They slept a lot.

Watched 'im fledge. Scared the hell out the fat lady cuz I was yellin', 'JUMP, CAMMY! JUMP!' 'n he did.

'N one day he ner his brothers were left in the nest ta watch. Flew the coop.

Occasionally, someone'll grab a pic of a passin' eagle 'n notice the antenna. They'll check on the transmitter coordinates with the CCB 'n find out that's him. This'n was took out near the jail, out where Tom lives, by a Ms. Beverly Nettleton. Thankee, ma'am.

Almost all growed up 'n white on both ends. Adult feathers growin' in kinda ragged but they'll smooth out. Gonna be a fine catch for a young lady bird in the near future.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »
I think I have seen that one while out driving. Great pictures, we also have a lot of hawks out here and I enjoy watching them.

The weather cooperated and I got the mowing done.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »
Hey y'all.  I'll put on some makings for coffee and other hot liquids.

Well, went to the city today, for shopping and dentist stuff.  Hot, muggy, and crowded.  Didn't even get all the stuff we needed, but we were not about to go into Costco... :o

Have gotten control of "the farm."  I'm also in control of a large amount of puppy slobber... :-\   The turkeys are rather rude birds, with nothing against pecking the first convenient human body part available. 
Among other things, the low-beams in the headlights on our SUV are not working.  I had to drive across town in the dark with the fog lights as low beams, and high beams as usual.  Didn't see any law enforcement, so, I'm good right now.

I do have to head back to the Farm at 3am, to let the puppy out for a "pit stop."

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 115
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2014, 06:00:50 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 50 and sunny. High of 79.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2014, 06:13:11 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Ninety 'n it might rain this afternoon/evenin'. What fun, huh?

He was hangin' 'round St. Brides last week, cuz, went ta Norfolk then back. Next data burst he could be it The Military Aviation Museum. Whilst we was at Range Wars a couple years ago he was just up the road it the land fill in Sussex County. Can't tell cuz he dunno. He checks in here:

http://www.ccbbirds.org/news-room/blogs/eagletrak-blog/

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
Morning! slept'd in here a bit this morning. I don't normally sleep more than 5 hours. On any given day. I do occassionaly (quite often) nod out for 15 to 20 thru the day. Got mowing done off site- headed back to pile some downed pecan branches and rake the fodder up. If i don't finish today there is still 48 more left this summer. Still need to fire JD up here and spin a few circles. Tend to my small dirt patch of produce.

Just things to do besides play with these dogs, ehich can be time consuming at times. I was given a kennel over the weekend and that gives me and the trailer a break. When i have to go to work.
 I am currently waiting on a different clearence requirement(pee test was part pf it) to start at another client site, should be done on friday. So i have had most of this week off. I am taking temp spots to fill.

Major2's catfish has my brain mushy i guess i need to take a drive to the "Top of The River" in Albertsville. This is at lake Guntersville in case any of you are Rand McNallying. Bout a hour away.

TK domestic turkeys of any feather color- especially the males are a PIA . Thos is why the indians showed us how to eat them.

Anyhoos thanks for the coffee

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2014, 09:00:01 AM »
I slept in this morning as well, My right hip hurt most of the night. None of the over the counter pain medications seemed to work. It feels like a 2 pot morning. I will prep one for later, as well as iced tea and hot tea.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
Mornin Y'all, just got back from the sawbones.Had some more "Pain management"(2nd time for these) shots in my back.If this doesn't help the next thing is a laser ablation to zap the nerve.The fun never ends.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
Morning y'all...  I'm not quite awake from my escapade in headlightless 3am drive... But, we did find the problem with the lights.  Single relay, but we flipped that with another, so we have headlights, but no engine fan. :-\  that means we have exactly 0 fully functioning vehicles.  Kinda makes like a Hoover with a leak. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2014, 02:11:06 PM »
Great pic's Arcey now that i can see them...

Done for a day or two at the mowing.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
Those aerial photos and some of the dates coincide with trips made to the offsite pantry and to St Brides Feed and Seed, so that eagle had to be what we saw.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com