Author Topic: Poney Racer Port of Entry  (Read 136567 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poney Racer Port of Entry
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »
Arcey, them little cars that turn the kids on now, just don't trip my trigger, I like to see the old big cars, back when it took horsepower to launch that baby.  ;D   as far as looks go they'll never make em like that again. :(

We're sittin' at the same table on that, OT.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
With gas prices, who can afford motors like that?   :( :( :(  I really wanted to replace my Jetta with a big sled, but opted for the Taurus instead.  Got a bigger motor but with only a little more fuel consumption.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »
The truck is quick ‘n it handles extremely well. Someone that tried to follow me up an on ramp called it a slot car.

But, just one more time I’d like to nail sumthin’ that would really run one more time. Sumthin’ like OT’s 396 Chevelle. Screw the gas.

Look boys. Whatever ya do. Don’t let ‘Sleep hear ya refer ta wheels as rims. He’ll go ballistic. I know, I caught it ‘n I didn’t even say it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 07:18:21 PM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2008, 09:08:36 PM »
I can remeber back in high school, I had that 396 Chevelle,  ran it hard all the time, with the Ethyl gasoline we had back then I got over 20 mpg  all the time.  course the Ethyl was a little pricey  it was up close to 30 cents a gallon back in them days. :o  ya could buy the cheap stuff fer 17 to 20 cents a gallon.

Arcey, that new little Toyota we got drives like a go cart compared to that big Dodge Diesel,  told Jackie I's gonna havta learn to drive again. :o  ya give it the gas through a corner and it just hangs in there and goes through.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »
Aren't rims those little shiny things they used to put on the cars, before the advent of the big hub caps, to conceal the steel wheels between the hub cap and the tire? ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2008, 09:28:31 PM »
the summer I spent breaking down big truck tires with a sledge hammer and tire tools, the rim is the part that the tire mounts on with the snap ring,  ya know on the big rigs it's a 2 piece wheel,  well rim is what the boss wanted it called,  ;D

needless to say I tried to never get another job like that either. :o  that was some work.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »
The rim is the part of a wheel the tire is attached to. The truckin' company where the old man werk re-capped their own tires. The ole fellahs that werked in there sure did some sweatin' mountin' the things.

When my future father-in-law, Alton Parker, found out I was gonna buy a new car. He was werkin’ at a Mercury dealership. He brought home a ’71 Cyclone, 429 with a factory Hurst Competition Plus shifter on the Ford top loader four speed. It was puke green. Gave it to me o’er the weekend. I scared his daughter, now my wife, half to death with it. Fastest thing I ever nailed. The car, not the girl, woman, grandmother – whatever.

Talked to my old man about it.

‘Son. Ya know yer kindah stupid. It’s like that Rambler ya wanted. Do what I told ya. Call Cecil ‘n find out whut yer insurance is gonna cost.’ He stood in the driveway lookin’ at it.  ‘Ya get in a run with the law ‘n they ain’t gonna fergit whut this ugly green thing looks like even if ya get away from ‘em without killin’ yerself ‘n they’re gonna find ya later. Do what ya want. Ya gottah job. I were you I’d take it back ta ole man Parker.’ He flipped an unfiltered Chesterfield off inta the yard, then without another werd went back in the house.

I took it back to Alton.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »
Those pics warmed my heart, Arcey. Think my favorite Falcon design was the '65. Just trim and neat. The Falcon's were the parent chassis for the Mustangs( my real love). A feller down the street from my parent's place had a '65 futura in turqouise. Looked really good. In my younger years, I had four Mustangs. A '65( my first car) coupe , vintage Burgandy, 289- 2bbl, three on the floor. Second was a '66 coupe, sauturne gold, 289-2bbl, automatic. Third was a '67 coupe I meant to restore, 6 cyl, three on the floor. That one was too far gone and I ended up scraping it( this was before the after-market parts company's got it together). The last one was a '68 coupe, 289-2bbl( one of the last ones), automatic. This was one of the "See The Light" sale specials, Gulfstream aqua metallic with a two tone aqua interior, fake wood steering wheel, factory fogs, and the styled steel wheels with the plain-jane centers. I was restoring this one, but couldn't resist motorheading it some. 500CFM Holley two bbl, dual point ignition, dual exhaust, and a 3:55 rear end. Put in a stereo cassette with 6x9's in the rear deck and a couple of mini speakers mounted in the original big AM speaker position. Couldn't tell they were there. That thing looked great clean and sounded fantastic when you got in it. My boys just loved it................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2008, 10:22:33 PM »
Back when I was 13 all I could think about were Shelby Mustangs. White with the blue tape. A werkin’ scoop. Brake coolin’ scoops on the quarters. Quarter glass where the regular Mustangs had louvers in the b-pillar. Every magazine I got my hands on with a picture of one wound up with the page torn out ‘n it went on the wall. Never came close to havin’ one. Never will.

When I went middle-aged crazy I bought a 5.0 convertible. An LX.  Couldn’t stand the fake ground effects crap the GT had on it. Had a lot of fun with it. Beautiful car. Clean ‘n simple. Didn’t have a break in the sheet metal it didn’t need to have. But it never was a ‘real’ Mustang to me. The ‘real’ ones were the ‘65s ‘n ‘66s. Mine would have killed either, just wasn’t the same.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »
I know Yer all talkin mostly fords here, But I had a real nice 1965 2 door Dodge Dart come in tha shop today fer an inspection...Had 26,000 original miles on it and it looked like it just came out of the showroom. Now that is a car I would like to own. It should have had a 273 V-8 in it, But only had the 225 Slant six, Oh well, Still a nice car.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »
Just that not many of the folks drove Chryslers here, Maj. Fords or Chevrolets of one description or ‘nother. Mostly Fords.

Went to werk for the city. Everythin’ was goats er Mayflowers. I was young ‘n stupid. Couldn’t figure out why. Then I hit the street. Got sent on runs to have judges sign things in the middle of the night. Had to take things to the deputy chiefs at their homes at odd hours. Made visits to members of council homes. A few city department directors.

In all those private drives sat brand new, expensive Chryslers from the same dealership the city bought fleet vehicles from. I figgered it out.

All but one I should say. That guy owned a Lincoln/Mercury dealership. Thing funny ‘bout him. He was still a councilman when he moved his dealership outtah Norfolk ‘n inta Chesapeake.

Well. Virginia Tech lost whatever bowl game they were in against Kansas. Good. Serves ‘em right for messin’ up the radio programmin’ I listen to. I’ll sack out now.   

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2008, 12:49:25 AM »
I want one of these:

Me too, Trinity.  I had a friend that had a '62 Falcon (metal dash & no seatbelts).  If'n you hit your head on the dash it would break open like an egg!.  It was a beautiful car.  He traded it on a Taurus about 10 years ago !  >:( >:(
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2008, 05:36:34 AM »
Arcey,

I think they have those improptu car shows up at the shopping center on Independence, Haygood I think it's called.

When I first started dating Elizabeth her parents had a 66 Mustang that was Elizabeth's car. It was a little long on first gear but it would fly.  It was the first vehicle I ever had over 110.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2008, 06:22:53 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh boys, yer warmin' tha cockles o' an ol' man's heart now...

Owned jist a bit of everything...
Fords (3) two of 'em trucks
Chevys (12)
Pontiacs (3) one was a damn nice GTO
Dodge (2)
Chrysler (2)
Buick (3)
Toyota (5)
Plymouth (2) One o' them would RUN! (Old Va State Police car)
Mercedes (2)
Mercury (2)

If I could have any of them back it would be either the 47 Ford pick up or the 60 Chevy Bel Air

Thanks Arcey fer tha "wheels" statement. Taught "Automotive Technology" for the last 15 years of my career, had one helluva time tryin' to get kids to call things by the right names

Tha rim is on ah cup, drink slow an' don't spill  ::)
Never seen ah Phillips head... ya mean ah Phillips tip?  ::)

I'm sure glad that's over......... :D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2008, 06:52:03 AM »
Bet we could make money runnin’ ugly ‘rim’ shows these days………..

Cousin, I ain’t been up that way in a long time. Too much traffic on weekend evenin’s. Ain’t drivin’ past that damned mall. ‘Sides that, it’s across the street from where that ‘’scope’ Doctor works ‘n I ain’t goin’ there if I ain’t gottah.

Last time I did, after Jenro’s changed hands, they’d shut ‘em down. Some the folks tried ta get ‘em goin’ back it Doumar’s again but it didn’t catch.

Maybe I need ta take a look.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »
Doan talk 'bout tha "scope" doc Bro....
gotta see him after I see tha knee doc next week... glad they ain't tha same day.  :o
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »
There's a Burger King up here betweenz Poney Racers and our place that has a roll in Car show every weekend, weather permttin'.  Saturday nites might bring 200 cars
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:16 AM »
Doan talk 'bout tha "scope" doc Bro....

Ain’t all that bad, physically. They put ya in LaLaLand.

The night before cleanin’ out then the thought of it is plain depressin’………

YUCK!!!!!!

Sorry I mentioned it. Let’s talk ‘bout cars.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2008, 07:27:59 AM »
I agree
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
My first car was a 56 chevy belair 2drht. I paid $350. for it.  I had a 57 210 4door.  I  had 2  1960 Tbirds, a 63 Falcon Sprint 2 door ht, and a 64 fastback. Then went over to the dark side again,  bought a 66 Pontiac Gran Prix, then a new 71 Caprice 2dr ht.  Then I owned my only Chrysler product, a 73 New Yorker 2dr ht.  Yhen I bought a 77 Ford Mustang II Mach I hatchback with a V6.  I had to buy a set of metric tools to work on it. I bought a new 84 GMC pu, a new 86 GMC pu, a 90 Chevy Suburban, and one of my present trucks, a 99 chevy silverado ext cab. I bought a new GMC Sierra this year. So, I've got 2 trucks and the Moose has a new Caddy CTS.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com