Author Topic: Poney Racer Port of Entry  (Read 136548 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poney Racer Port of Entry
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
Arcey, I think that's why we like Susie's current 'stang so well. It's got style elements from the first four years of them and something borrowed from the Shelby's, the glass in the c-pillarl instead of louvers. Her's is metallic red with gold striping and letters, styled steels with blackwall tires. I tried posting the smaller of the pics of it, but the size was still too big. Might have to go an alternate route to get it so's you can see it. Has beige interior( only thing I don't like, shows dirt like mad) and is the 4 liter V-6. Has a 5 speed auto in it..............Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2008, 12:42:41 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
Nice....

Was on the by-pass in Smithfield last month headin’ home from the Wakefield shoot. Had a brand new black one behind me. Felt like the ole boy in Bullet (right movie?) drivin’ the Charger with Steve McQueen behind me everytime I looked in the mirror.

Kept starin’ at it. Somethin’ was wrong. Figgered it out, no chrome front bumper. Things take me a few minutes these days.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 05:14:04 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »
i WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE MUSTANGS THAT WAS IN BULLITT. I LOVED THE SOUND OF THAT THING. I DONT THINK THAT I WOULD NOT WANT THAT ONE AFTER THAT CHASE SCENE IN SAN FRANCISCO. THAT MUSTANG II THAT I HAD, I DON'T REALLY CONSIDER IT A REAL MUSTANG.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
Mine had headers ‘n baloney sliced dual, stainless exhaust. She made her presence heard and felt. I’d fire it off ‘n the Crown Vic parked in the garage beside it would look for cover.

Back it out of the drive in the summer with the top down. The gal that lived across the street at the time loved the thing. She’d be out werkin’ in the yard ‘n yell, ‘Light ‘em up, Roy!’. If I didn’t see any kids I’d show her some smoke. Prolly left a thousand miles worth of rubber out in front of the house.

Problem with the newer, lower compression motors is they don’t back down right. Ain’t got the sound the sixties muscle cars had. The truck has a tuned exhaust system on it. A regular Toyota V-6 doesn’t have the same growl she has. Sounds kindah good. But ya take yer foot off the gas ‘n she just shuts up without the rumble just like the Mustang did.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
I liked Eleanor, the code name for the Mustang Fastback in the original version of "Gone In 60 Seconds".  Even though they tried making a newer version it just didn't have the same appeal.  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2008, 03:35:10 PM »
There she is.

Looks so puny today with the little tires 'n all. But, that's always been my image of a 'real' Mustang.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »
had a friend in High School, his dad had one just like that picture,  he was real particular about letting it out of his sight  ;D

that 396 in the Chevelle was really good through drive in's  after I got the solid high lift cam,  ti would just rump- rump- rump through there, put it in first, hold it back just a little with the brakes, almost die then take another breath. ;D had some glass packs on it that was good and burned out,  the only tickets I ever got with it was 3 for too loud an exhust.  but boy it sounded good.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »
Y'all got me to thinking about some of the cars I've owned (some I wish I still had) A 65 Ford Galaxy500 Ragtop with a 352 4 barrel, a 1970 1/2 Chevy Z-28 with a LT-1 350/ 370 HP and the 1967 Mustang with a built up 69 302 ci smallblock in it, Ah those were the days... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
like Arcey said before,  it'd sure be fun to climb behind the wheel of one for one big run.    we used to get them Marsh cheater slicks, have em mounted up on spare wheels,  put em on  Friday night take em back off Sunday afternoon at least as long as it was gonna be dry.  ;D

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »
Them Chevy 396s were tough to run against.
Did see some Novas  with built up 283s and 327s that could take 'em, that weight makes a difference.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2008, 05:25:28 PM »
had a friend that had a 67 Chevy 2,  he blew the first 327 he had in it, got ahold of one of them LT 1 engines like Major was talking about in the Camaro, that thing was bad with that. 

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
Boy had a father with a gas station. Found a bottom of the line ’65 Chevelle sedan. White. White wheels with hub caps. Rubber floor mats. I don’t remember if it was a 327 or a 350 they rebuilt ‘n dropped in it. Did some suspension work on it. Exhaust to keep ‘er kindah quiet. All that gave it away when it was shut off was the Competition Plus stickin’ out of the floor ‘n a Sun tach on the steerin’ column. Runnin’, she’d shake all o’er with that cam they had in it. She was so plain lookin’ ya wouldn’t pay ‘nuff attention to notice the size of the tires.

He’d drive ‘round lookin’ for sumbody that wanted to play with the kid in Grandma’s l’il Chevy ‘n he’d blow ‘em in the weeds.

Tom. Was it Scalco’s at 21st ‘n Colonial? I’m drawin’ a blank tryin’ to remember.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
That "Bullit" Mustang was a '67 fastback with a 390 in it. That suspension was more than likely beefed up and had skid plates under it.................Buck 8)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »
Arcey, Back in 1953, my dad bought a new F100 Ford Pickup. He decided that the flathead V8 wasn't fast enough.  He bought a 53 Olds 98 4 door that was totaled, but the motor and trans was okay. He put that Olds V8 and Hydramatic in the Pickup.  He ordered some Belond exhaust stacks and ran them behind the cab like a big truck.  Man, would that thing smoke those narrow 670X15 tires.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »
The G/O is gettin’ old. The one in the house when I bought it wasn’t properly mounted. One of the first things I did. Didn’t want it fallin’ on the cars. It didn’t last too long after that. This ones 10 or 12. Single two car door, steal.

Tires, shock technology, total changes in suspension geometry. I guess it all matters. Read about it sometimes ‘n it’s o’er my head anymore. Pictures I looked at findin’ that one ya could really see how skinny the tires were.

The tires on my l’il truck (can’t ½ see) are wider with a lower aspect ratio on 16" wheels. She'll turn her l'il hiney off. Sometimes too well. I've dumped coolers over twice on back roads comin' home from a shoot. Makes a mess.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »

:o

Oughta see 'im "warmin' tha tires" on tha way to Blue Ridge range  ;)

;D

::)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »
That's a nice lookin truck, Arcey.  I ordered one of those covers for my new GMC, I sure do like it. The new truck is a regular cab long wheel base. I got the cover put on to keep my suitcases dry. I kept my 99 Silverado ext cab to haul my labs in. I've had a take home for several years, so I don't put on many miles. My plan is to trade the GMC in a couple of years when I retire. I plan on buying a used One Ton Diesel pu or a  diesel Excursion to pull a travel trailer.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »
Oughta see 'im "warmin' tha tires" on tha way to Blue Ridge range

That’s fun!

What scared the hell outtah me was the day it was wet ‘n I drove it in the grass ta get around yer ‘n Dig’em’s Toyotas. Damned pavement tires on that wet grass. Remember seein’ the both of ya standin’ in the door way – lookin’ at ya from left ta right out the windshield ‘n wavin’.

I was along for the ride, just watchin’ the trees get closer. So was so damned glad it decided to stop I didn’t no what ta do.

Thankee, Tex. I got tired of the big truck. The traffic is a pain here. The small ones get thru it easier. 'Fraid I'm here 'til further notice.

Turned in the take home. Told me I could get off call that way. They lied 'n I didn't get it back.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
I was along for the ride, just watchin’ the trees get closer. So was so damned glad it decided to stop I didn’t no what ta do.

LOL! Yer eyes was wide open that day.......
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com