Author Topic: Well It's happened Again. February Busted ---------------------March has Started  (Read 337038 times)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Howdy all, spent the day answering phone calls from idiots.  That's the way it goes when you have the Help Desk weekend, fortunately it's only once every nine weeks.

Slim ya didn't see any Sasquatch while you were out in the woods did ya?

Arcey glad to hear you had fun  at the shoot.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
Mornin' girls....  :D

Went out an' jawed with Arcey, Wildcat Will an' Missouri Marshal at tha Pungo match this mornin'.
Shot two stages 'fore my laig took me out. Me an' Elli headed home sos I could put the knee up.

Camille Eonich done tha research for us (always does) on tha big screen stuff.

Sony Bravia was the top pick on all charts and had the very best reviews.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Slim ya didn't see any Sasquatch while you were out in the woods did ya?
Nope. But the dawg was diggin' in the sn*w fer something. Might of been a Sasquatch hibernating under the sn*w.  :o

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Brother Sleep, Take it easy on that leg. Miss Ellie will take good care of you.  When I had my bout with Pnewmonia last week, Miss T took care of me real good.  She layed on the bed with me.  Those girls are wonderful.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Congrats to your daughter, Stoney. That's great.

We just got back from the dog thing. We have one good herding dog and another one that likes to stand and listen to the birds in the trees, like the sheep were invisible. OK, been there done that. If I had sheep, I'd be excited since the small one took to it so well. The other one would learn from her eventually if they had a job to do. It was a fine day visiting with the people we knew.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Brother Sleep, Take it easy on that leg. Miss Ellie will take good care of you.  When I had my bout with Pnewmonia last week, Miss T took care of me real good.  She layed on the bed with me.  Those girls are wonderful.

When I got home and unloaded Ellie and I went for a nap, she stayed by my side til her Mom got home.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
When I got home and unloaded Ellie and I went for a nap, she stayed by my side til her Mom got home.

You just take it easy Tensleep,don't want you laid up for to long.looks like bein a busy shootin season and we will need all the GSC ready to go. ;) 

Dakota  8)
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
Well we got a Sony,  Bravia,  46 inch,  looks big, hope I don't get dizzy, but that's the size Jakcie wanted  ;D

lots of people up to Ft. Smith tonight, everybody musta been out on the town. or then again I just ain't used to that much traffic any more,  ;D   around here not to much trouble with traffic jams.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Me an Lil headed out to the range today.  Box of 30/30 for the Marlin, box of .357 for the OMV and a box of .38 HB wadcutters I thought the wife would like to try.  It was one of those magical "can't miss" days.  Then this happened...

Not knowing the exact situation, I attemped a field strip--no go.  The cylinder just pivoted on the barrel, everything was locked up.  We packed it in and I spent the rest of the evening nursing the cylider out a the frame.  Managed to get her out without putting any holes in the ceiling or maself.  Have ta say it was a good day shootin, just coulda done with out this hang up  >:(
     So much for "professional" reloads.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Good night, all.  Night shift checkin' in for the first time this month.  This morning I was thinkin: "Where's the March lion?"; it was a beautiful morning, only a bit breezy.  Well, that's all gone by the boards, now; we got gusts to 50, tonight.  It's enough to be rattling the A/C condensation lines and feed conduits on the roof, and they are rigid, and nailed down.  The good thing is that the temps aren't going to be too bad over the next couple of days, so they say; mid sixties for a few, then back up, and in the high seventies by next weekend

What'cha got there, Leo??  Looks like a squib HBWC.  Ain't stuff like that maddening?  I have an old fashioned tool called a "gimlet" that is long enough to reach through a six inch barrel, and if the stuck bullet is soft enough, it can be "drilled" out, then a little more "oomph" will cause the tool to grab. and it can be pulled far enough to get a cylinder out of the frame; then, it's just an easy "knock" with a piece of dowel to get the bullet out of the barrel.  I figured this out when I was in a spot like you were, and was sort of groping for a solution.

Hope all of you NASCAR guys enjoy the races from "Vegas" this weekend; that is a really nice facility out there.  I wonder if the wind tomorrow will have any effect on the way things go?  Guess we'll find out, huh?

Time for nghty-night; I was up early this morning - before nine.  ::) ;D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
 Hairy,You leaving so soon?   I was fixing to put some Coffee on....Oh well I get the fresh stuff.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I'll put on a fresh pot of Cawfee.

I'm sitting here listening to my new Jeremy Camp CD the Chrissie and Kylie gave me for my b'day.   Got three nice shirts that I've needed for a long time, but never bought.  My youngest is after my heart with giving me BIG chocolate bar.  My wife is taking me to Texas Roadhouse for diner today.

It's a beautiful sunny day.  I may even head off to burn some powder today.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks fer the Coffee,

Happy Birthday to you Stoney,  hope you have a good en.  ;D

55 here this morning, calling for heavy rain tonight and end up with a chance of some snow Monday night. ::) 

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Ah, coffee ;D
 24 here, mostly cloudy. Callin' for mid 40's with not much of a drop off tonight. 50's and rain tomorrow.
 OT, hope that size screen doesn't over power your room. Ours is about 15 feet long, figured anything over 40" would be too large......................Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for tha Cawfee SP.

Did ya git tha Bravia hooked up OT?
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Haven't even started on it yet, it was late last night so we thought we'd wait till we got done feeding the birds this morning and have a little time,   
we got the growout houses tilled up yesterday, so they need a few days to dry out before we can do anything to them.  plenty of time to play with the TV   ;D

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
Mornin' pards!

Happy Birthday SP!

Sod Buster, I went to a bagel shop and had a sausage, egg and cheese everything bagel.  Good stuff!  No veggies or live animals were harmed in that transaction. ;D

OT, I hope you enjoy the TV!  I'm watchin' my little 27" now.  I am sooo behind the times. ;D

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Take yer time OT, but we want a full report  ;)

Happy birthday SP!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Stoney.

Happy birthday, Stoney!
Leo, them squibs are no fun. I usually have a cleaning rod at the range that I have used to push squibs back into the case.

'Tis 32° and sunny. High of 40°. "Light rain and freezing rain this evening will mix with snow and sleet overnight. Low near 25F."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Happy Birthday, Stoney.......... ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com