Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 241594 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 12:43:23 AM »
Evenin' Y'all.

Mother had me drive to the city alone today.  Nobody died, nothing exploded, so I'm calling it a success. ;)

Raining here today, and yesterday, and tomorrow...  Lots of rain.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2014, 05:36:26 AM »
Mornin, right foggy out n about 46!

I'll put on the coffee and tea for the early crew.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2014, 06:21:38 AM »
Mornin'.

Almost fifty goin' to sixty sumthin'.

The village idiot's goin' o'er the obit now.

Won't be goin' ta WP for the rimfire thing. Traffic's backed up it the tunnel for miles.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 08:24:43 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 06:30:55 AM »
Keys did the sax on 'Whatever Gets You Thru The Night.' Didn't know that.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:43 AM »
Maybe we've got a new genre going..."Geriatric Rock" ::) ;D

Thanks for the coffee,LIT ;)

36 and light rain here. Keys to the kingdom day, concert band practice tonight. One of my assignments is to decorate the tree in the club house..............joy ::) :o

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2014, 08:00:11 AM »
The Cawffee is especially tasty this morning. I had me another Apple bran muffin with my Cawffee. I got Moose off to school and Victoria is napping in front of the fireplace. The warmup starts today, maybe a little rain?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »
I'm drawn to surf U tube, when one of the old rockers passes like this , call it nostalgia  :-\
or maybe just curiosity and missing the music.... dunno

I do know , The Stones , Beatles, that whole British invasion thing was to my liking  

" when I was a younger man so..."  with credit to Billy Joel  ,  and still is ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »
Maybe we've got a new genre going..."Geriatric Rock" ::) ;D

They all out touring Elton, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, not sure all, Moody Blues and that's just the ones came here I can think of.   Way to much money to see them, ones that do say, they ain't bad for being old, yeah, in other words the concert sucked and you won't admit you wasted the money.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
Moody Blues , the Dirt Band.... all good stuff

what sucks is the crap they call RAP !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »
I ain't going to give $150 or more for a nose bleed seat to see some over the hill group.   I could buy most if not all their CD's for that.   

Besides what fun is a rock concert where you can't or maybe don't want to smoke doobies at?   :o ::) ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2014, 10:58:05 AM »
G'mornin', need cawfee!  Ugh, up too early, feels like I used to when I rotated from nights to days.

Had us some rain, real rain, here, don't know how much, prob'ly not as much as it seems, but some.  May have some more today, but it's supposed to clear up and go warm again tomorrow.  NWS says it's 50 outside right now.

So another rock musician survived into old age.  May he rest in peace.  I truly find it a wonder that any of those from the late fifties to the present make it to or past their thirties with the apparent lifestyle they lead; guess the human organism is really a lot hardier and heartier than we most often give it credit for.  For my own part, I had pretty much stopped listening to any radio, short of a couple of talk show once in a while, or occasionally, the late night DJs like Dr. Demento and others by the mid seventies.  I recognized the names of the groups, but to tell you what they played by title or even anything more than that there was some truly good talent devoted to making a whole lot of very loud noise for the most part, I am not able.  I found my music in the noise of the  machinery I worked with, and the whisper and voices of the outdoors I worked and lived in; still do.

Well, Mrs. Hairy says I have an opportunity to get something done today if I get away from this infernal machine, sooooo, ------

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »
I am glad to hear from you, Hairy. I went back to sleep and woke up at 1100. I Fixed me some oatmeal and toast for a late breakfast. I had another cup of Cawffee with it. I will finger out something for a late lunch.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »
Good morning El Hairy one and the rest of yous.  

Another fine day in the sometimes sunny south.  Got a small pit fire going got some yard bird and some home grown item ready to go in the black iron cook pot. Coosie microwave oven. In the meantime play with the dogs have a cup r two of coffee amd enjoy the day off.

Oh yeah got another batch of box fan jerky dehydrating. This one has a bit of Tennessee aged taste with honey and pepper.  Ran a batch of traditional last night. Also attempting to dehydrate bananas the same way.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »
With ya there Del.... Only Concerts I ever attended were the ones I was paid to attend..in my Stagehand days....
I wouldn't pay good money to go to one

Just finished off some linguine Alfredo & shrimp leftovers ....

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2014, 02:29:09 PM »
Last concert I paid to go see was a Charlie Daniels concert in Norfolk or Virginia Beach area. I don't remember where it was exactly.
We had the cheap "nose bleed" seats, but, one could listen to the music without it being so load that it was aggravating.
Dope? Why be stupid on purpose? When it is easiest enough to do by accident?

I like a lot of different types of music. Rock n Roll is my favorite. Rock-a-Billy is next, Just don't play any of it so load that one can't hear the lyrics.
And load Rap is the worst!
Thank you M-2
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
Last I saw Charlie Daniels was in Williamsburg. Believe it was in '79. Watched the dude in front of us go thru a fifth of Jack – by hisownself.

Old farts used to accuse us youngsters of werkin' the concerts ta get a free buzz. Think most of 'em were serious. Saw a bunch of good acts 'n some that were real disappointin'. Emerson, Lake 'n Palmer were awful.

The free buzz just kinda happened. Walked the Wilson sisters from the dressin' room ta the stage. Different type of free buzz. Bottom line, it was good part time cash 'n it financed my shootin' habit.

Was forced inta Crosby, Stills 'n Nash at Foreman Field. Got detailed. Middle of the summer. Outside. No free buzz. No extra cash - bologna sandwich, bag of chips 'n salt tablets.  Felt like it took three weeks. Didn't much care for their stuff before that. REALLY didn't care for it afterwerds.

Goin' these days ain't happenin'. No desire ta get in the mess anymore. Same with races, football 'n live plays. Biggest crowd I've been in in years been eagle releases.

The cabbage sittin' in the ice box spoke to me. Said it wanted to be consumed with ham 'n l'il boilt 'taters. Interviewed the ham steaks 'n 'taters it the off-site 'til I found the right ones 'n brung 'em home. Spaghetti this evenin'.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »
I used to handle stage lighting on some rock shows ....

Molly Hatchet
Bee Gee's  
Frampton  ( post Humble Pie )
Pink Floyd
Willy Nelson & Friends ( Waylon, Leon and the boys )
Neil Young

quite a gambit really , my favorites The Bro's Gibb (Bee Gee's ) cried when Mo died...
If any Group transcend the era of Rock...it's the Bro's Gibb, I still love them

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2014, 04:35:41 PM »
Back when I was in College, I attended an Iron Butterfly concert in Amarillo. We had seats near the stage and Doobies were being smoked. My short hair made me look like a Cop.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
Talked to Stu at break, been sleeping a lot, had lots of company over the holiday, sounds good and in good spirits. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2014, 04:52:13 PM »
Got in far less trouble with doobies than alcohol, don't do either anymore, don't miss either.  Been 29 years in Oct.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com