Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 181966 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 28 and sunny. High of 52.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Up with dogs babies. Have next 3 days off see if i can squeeze a day in at the range.

Arcey like the others sed, Soup... Think i need to put a pot of corn chowder on.

Any of ya'll make kracklin cornbread?

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks for the Cawwffee this morning. No breakfast yet.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Well we’re heading into another week of upper 70s low 80’s with severe blue skies.  The lawn is starting to go dormant, the Virginia creeper is turning, and the honey locust is starting to yellow.  I guess fall is slowing sneaking in.

Went over to Sparks for a Western Heritage Festival, and didn’t find that they had any of the things they had advertised except the entertainment.  Got to talk to, and listen to, an old Cowboy Poet friend, Larry Maurice, for a while.  By the way if you’re familiar with the Reno/Sparks area, there is an old saying: “Reno is so close to Hell, you can see Sparks”

Got the next two days off from cooking, but do have to beat the clothes on the rocks today.  Then I need to go on a hunt for some store bought ammo the use to renew my CCW (don’t want to use my black powder hand loads).
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I have been getting severe weather warnings on my I pad, but nothing has happened.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
http://farming-videos.com/110hp-case-steam-tractor-pull-2014/

Way cool, remember, most of these run today at about half the steam pressure they were designed for.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Rain'in here. 59 for a temp. Fixed a post lamp, helped with a themostat change and fire alarm change. Done for the day now. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Del
I went to school in Racine, WI (home of J. I. Case).  The name of our high school was J. I. Case High.  We had one of the 5’ tall cast eagles perched on the globe from the Case office building (the image as seen on the back end of the tractor), in our office lobby area.  Long with it was a large painting of Jerome Increase Case.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The view from the cab of one. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
That was a great video of the Steam Tractor pulling the sled.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Since we are at Ag101 today. The dogs are intrigued by the noises these little guys. We reder to them as bacon seed
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Afternoon y'all.

All that food sounds good!  I just wish I could actually taste something right now.  I have a cold, an it's all in my nose.   :(  can't taste or smell anything.  Worse yet, I sneeze multiple times with little to no provocation.  That is starting to make my gut a little sore... On the bright side, if I keep all the sneezing up, I'll have Arnie's Abs. ::)

Temps are lowering here.  high 30's at night, mid 90's during the day.  No precipitation in sight.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Another one, they used a smaller one, didn't need all the power against the modern hot rod tractor.   ;D

http://farming-videos.com/tractor-pull-steam-tractor-vs-modern-tractor/
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
I like that video Del.

Arcey that was a nice crockpot full of soup.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It will not be long before it is really soup, stew, or Chili time.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thankee, cuz.

Mornin', y'all.

Sixty now, eighty later 'n clear.

Doin' a play on chicken parmesan this evenin'. Usin' the oven. Had the house shut up with all the nice cool from t'other day caught in it. Oh well.....................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Mornin gents and ladies, I'll put the cawfee n tea on the fire. Almost time to get the grandkids off to school, then it will be time for chores. Should be a nice day, just a tad warm later on.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Good Morning  .... Tis 62, the mercury thing of a jig shows ...most pleasant, they say we'll see 87 , didn't make it there  yesterday though.

feels like large cup morning , thanks for setting it up... LIT
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It feels like a two pot morning, I'll prep the second pot and the hot water. I have a powerful thirst this morning.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee,LIT ;)

'Tis 50 and cloudy here. Just got finished with some oatmeal. One more dog to go out and I'll have them all covered for this A.M. ::)

Not sure what we're going to get into this morning. Keys to the kingdom tomorrow ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com