Author Topic: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY  (Read 145325 times)

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »
Just had some left over baby-backs... They were as good today as they were when they came out of the dutch oven...

How did you warm them up?

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2014, 10:49:50 PM »
Indeed , and Whew ! to you Arcey ...glad it skirted you....

On the subject Banners....

FUNNEST one I ever saw was one towed over the private farm Filming location while filming "Gettysburg" in 1991.
Production had hired a California based Transportation Company to provide all the drivers for location vehicles ( Camera truck , Grip Truck , Cast transport, make-up,  honey-wagon etc.

We were filming this one day, Confederates forming up for Pickett's Charge..... it seems on the particular day the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) had decided to hire a banner plane to tow a UNION YES ! banner. The plane was holding filming up with not only the motor sound but the sight lines ...
As stated the Teamsters Local Union were not in the bargaining, and Teamsters were mostly from Calif. though a few were local hires from Baltimore MD.

WELL... it seems the CONFEDERATES were not amused by the UNION YES ! .... and the entire unit of them about 150 or so
about the 3rd pass over....
on cue laid down and with their bodies arranged  "spelled out"  COITUS YOU  except they did not use the word COITUS.

Special effects popped an aerial burst... which I think also got the pilots attention.... and he beat a hasty retreat , he never returned...

Now THAT is funny MJ 2 since I came from that area of "union loggerheads"....I know you worked with some folks I'm related to or know personally I'll look on the IDM website  :o

Glad 'ta hear everyone was missed by all that "hurrycane" activity, had a good family day here in the desert. Wind delayed the fireworks display here & didn't hang out 'til 10:45 pm when they got goin' again. Crash Gordon.... Hopefully I can see another next year please God...

Had a another loss to family yesterday, a cousin but she's been like a younger sis' to my mom. She had a 6 pk of kids, an my sisters were tryin' to get more info via social media....ain't it grand...NOT

New kittens doin' their job & brought me a mouse last nite...dead 'o course & heaved it over the fence for the birdies
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2014, 11:00:32 PM »
Hey y'all.

had a nice morning in church, then relaxed all afternoon.
Put some Bratwurst on the grill, and sliced up some watermelon, washed it down with some lemonade.  Now sittin in the livingroom watching the A-Team.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 12:58:43 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »
I'd be interested in what you find on the incident mestiza letty....

I recall ,they (pilot in particular) were in some hot water as the plane which was white,  had covered Reg. ID Letters.... back in 1991 that was an FAA violation.

> after 911 its a Federal Homeland Security felony.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2014, 05:55:41 AM »
I'll start a pot ::)

69 and sun/clouds here. Guessers are sayin' 80's with t-storms later ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
How did you warm them up?

Wrapped in foil and in 300 degree oven about 15 to 20.

Morning it's another warm one here- thanks for coffee Buck
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2014, 07:31:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 65 and sunny. "Sunny in the morning...then partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2014, 07:40:04 AM »
Sorry ta hear of the loss, Miz Letty.

Mornin’.

It’s 7/7 but ain’t thinkin’ it’ll be 77°.

The wildlife folks gonna cut loose a juvenile they’ve nursed back ta health tomorrow mornin’. Sayin’ ta meet up in the east P/L at the aquarium then go ta the municipal boat ramp ‘cross the street ta let it go. Them folks is up Waynesboro where it’s civilized – this place is a zoo. Wonder if they know. Mebbe onna Tuesday mornin’ it won’t be too bad. Weekends that place is packed full ‘n if ya get in the way they might not be too polite in lettin’ ya know.

Bird was found hurt in Sand Bridge. Seems ta me it woulda been better it the Back Bay Refuge. Ain’t my call. Make it easier for the fat lady ‘n me ta have breakfast it the IHOP where Tom ‘n me once broke bread with the Maj ‘n family.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2014, 07:49:29 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I have another pot ready to go when this one is empty. It feels like a 2 pot morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »
Arcey said..."Make it easier for the fat lady ‘n me ta have breakfast it the IHOP where Tom ‘n me once broke bread with the Maj ‘n family".
 Had a great time that day.Hope to be able to come down your way again sometime and maybe bring some guns with me.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »
The second pot is ready if anyone is still thirsty. I am having a hard time waking up this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
Short day today, the rains came. We did fix 4 post lamps and a street sign today besides our normal routine. Having a problem with the park truck. Oil pressure gauge is going nutso which is setting off a bell alarm. Checked oil level, looked for leaks,plus, the engine sounds normal. Figure we've got sensor going bad. Appointment for it tomorrow, may be gone a couple days. Had to strip all our tools and supplies out of it. Geez, we had a LOT of stuff in there! Probably have to do my rounds in the hamster Wednesday ::) :P

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2014, 02:14:30 AM »
I told myself i never do it again when i left Montana. I told myself i'd never allow another animal to own me. I spent 5 hours traveling today. To rescue a German Shepard. Well i guess it was in the cards. I brought home two. Both females abput 6 to 8 months old badly in need of some groceries and water. They were dumped along with a female Pit Bull. All nearly starved to death.  Only regret i am unable to give the Pit a proper home. Got the 2 bathed fed and watered and a bed inside.  I will vaccinate for parvo and distemper and de-worm them tomorrow.  It is uncertin for now if i will keep them one or both. For now they will be fed and taken care of.   I must have sucker tattooed on my bald head.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh609/crosbyr/75FF4FD5-4268-42CC-A68C-7614D996F323_zpsecr6hai9.jpg

It is late have a glass. Of unsweeten tea then a short nap
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2014, 05:21:56 AM »
Mornin’.

Gonna be more’n a bit toasty out. Was in Harris Teeter’s parkin’ lot yestitty havin’ fond memories of snow pushed up in big mounds by a couple Chesapeake red necks on l’il Cats.

There’ll be a gallon ah sweet tea waitin’ on ya, Maj. Yer money won’t be no good it the range.

Beautiful animals, Roo. They strike a chord in my heart for obvious reasons. My best wishes for whatever ya decide.

Venturin’ forth inna short ta watch the bird’s return to the wild. They ain’t said if its been banded. Maybe get ta know ‘fore long. It’s good ta hear from ‘em now ‘n again. E’verbody knows where HK is these days – see ‘im regular. But if not, that’s good too. Live free, live proud, live long.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2014, 05:46:32 AM »
Nice looking canines,lR. Bet they'll put up some big feed bills for a while ::)

I'll start a pot. 70 and cloudy here, fairly large chance of rain later. Normal rounds this A.M. and then take the truck to the dealership. ::)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2014, 05:52:19 AM »
God bless your kind bald head then Roo.... you did good ....

I have several rescues here on the farm, my daughter has a Pit she rescued.
A female, Kellie has entered in some fun type Halloween dress pet shows.... has taken 1st place a few times.... one was $50 savings bond and $100 coupon voucher for Dog food by PetsMart.
In another, also won , she got her dog's photo on a ASPCA Billboard....
 There have been some other wins and some 2nd .... lost a few too, all in all they have a great time....
All from a dog I was, scared for her to keep  ::)

Coffee is hot, and ready for drinking , relax & enjoy  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2014, 05:58:38 AM »
Thanks all, i really hated leaving the third there. These two will be a handful for now. There is plenty of dogs that need homes- some need more than just a home. These most certinly did. Going to try and search a low cost or free spay clinic for them.

Arcey enjoy the day
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2014, 07:49:35 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Good looking pups.

T'storms last night. .95" of rain. 'Tis 62 and sunny. "Not as warm. Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
Mornin Y'all, mid 80's an humid for the rest of the week, It's July in the Hudson River valley.Arcey,Sounds good, I look forward to when we can burn some powder with You and Tom.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »
Yer just a good person and don't want to admit it, now get over it and good for you. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com