Author Topic: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October  (Read 126708 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: Cawfee Tea an Beer Brats fer October
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2013, 05:25:52 AM »
Stu, my answer to your, "what do you all put on your grits in the morning?"

Butter, salt & pepper mostly, sometime I crumble bacon in ...  or if I have red eye gravy I'll do that.
Some times mixed with the yoke of the sunny side up egg.

Hominy on the other hand, was never in the morning as I recall, it was Mid day or Supper side dish , also with butter, salt & pepper...

Corn meal was for making Corn Bread (Baked in a cast Iron Skillet) served in wedge with butter.

The Cracker Barrel and some others have corn bread in squares and is kinda sweet , it's OK but nothing compared to Moms from the Skillet.
The wife makes Corn Bread Muffins from a mix , It too is sweet , and will do ,  :-\ just barely.

Good luck LIT..sounds like plan !

I'm kinda thinking Dec. 2014 myself....not sure it's doable, certainly no earlier for me.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 06:36:50 AM »
Mornin all! Coffee, tea and iced tea are ready.

In the process of running the numbers, the City has offered a retirement incentive. Trying to see if I can afford to go on December 1st, I was going to retire next December, but if I can go now it would be nice.

Damn….

The ‘leaders’ done got Tom capitalizin’ ‘city’ when referrin’ ta Nawfeck. But, heck. If they’re offerin’ a retirement incentive I reckon I’d best look inta it. Might be time fer me ta go too.

Speakin’ of the wunnerful place with the choo-choo to nowhere, a cruise ship terminal with no cruise ships - all funded by tax payers – ‘n the worst public schools on the south side if not the commonwealth, that’s where the shop is. Goin’ Glockin’ after I eat some grits. Ain’t puttin’ nothin’ in or on ‘em. Want ‘em like my coffee, black.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2013, 07:18:23 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,LIT ;)

64 and sprinkling here, scratch that, it's now raining ::)

Dr.'s appointment later, blew the BT. Thought the appointment was a few days farther on :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 01:30:08 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2013, 07:28:55 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fe the coffee, Tom.

'Tis 48 and sprinkling. "Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent." Looks like rain thru Saturday.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2013, 09:25:30 AM »
We may have T-Storms all day, we had them all night.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2013, 09:29:22 AM »
Stu, my answer to your, "what do you all put on your grits in the morning?"

Butter, salt & pepper mostly, sometime I crumble bacon in ...  or if I have red eye gravy I'll do that.
Some times mixed with the yoke of the sunny side up egg.

Hominy on the other hand, was never in the morning as I recall, it was Mid day or Supper side dish , also with butter, salt & pepper...

Corn meal was for making Corn Bread (Baked in a cast Iron Skillet) served in wedge with butter.

The Cracker Barrel and some others have corn bread in squares and is kinda sweet , it's OK but nothing compared to Moms from the Skillet.
The wife makes Corn Bread Muffins from a mix , It too is sweet , and will do ,  :-\ just barely.

Then you have to ask that other question about the corn bread, white or yellow meal? ;)  Course I guess you could do blue or red also.  Fact got a research project on the red corn, on hold right now due to the shut-down, bastards got one of my research sites down, yeah like that cost much to keep the server running, probally cost more for the gate things the vets knocked down the other day.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:04 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning, LIT. I could not sleep last night, I went to sleep about 0500, and I am just waking up. I am almost ready for my second cup.  Grits and some Kat-head biscuits would be good, maybe a couple of  crispy bacon on the side.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »
Will have to keep an eye out this weekend, there is talk of invading Gettysburg again, but the blues and greys goin' in on the same side. :o  Kinda makes me wish I was closer and had the weekend off. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »
Gettysburg too, huh? Seems as if our esteemed 'leaders' have closed everything. Except the southern border.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »
Del,

Which Gettysburg event are you referring too?
Just a question, but I suspect it will end up being a slam.
  Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »
Del,

Which Gettysburg event are you referring too?
Just a question, but I suspect it will end up being a slam.
  Blair

Well the one thatr was invaded a 150 years ago this July, what other one would you think the Blues and the Greys would invade together as a protest? ::)

Gettysburg too, huh? Seems as if our esteemed 'leaders' have closed everything. Except the southern border.

Yep, and they shut off my picture collections, had a project to do that has to wait.  Funny the server is up and running, just cut the research material off, can still get a blow by blow of the damn bratty kids fighting. ::)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
contrary to believes I have a solid alibi with a witness for the time period
Mathew 5.9

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »
Del,

I asked you for clarification as to what you were referring too.
This weekend has nothing to do with either of the two major events that took place at Gettysburg.
What event are you suggesting?
Simple question? Should require a simple reply.
  Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »
Blair, I suspect what Del is referring to is maybe the same WWII vets that took down the barricades and went in the "closed" WWII memorial may do the same thing at Gettysburg.

Someone should propose a bill to suspend the congress' pay and use it to open the parks again. After all, the park people were actually DOING their job, unlike congress.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
Blair, I suspect what Del is referring to is maybe the same WWII vets that took down the barricades and went in the "closed" WWII memorial may do the same thing at Gettysburg.

Someone should propose a bill to suspend the congress' pay and use it to open the parks again. After all, the park people were actually DOING their job, unlike congress.....

Big part of them were volunteers

refer back to Arcey's earlier statement
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
I am sure that these govt. shutdowns inovoling Veterans are not making any friends among the various Veteran organizations.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
Pretty simple if you do a bit of thinking. ::)

Will have to keep an eye out this weekend, there is talk of invading Gettysburg again, but the blues and greys goin' in on the same side. :o  Kinda makes me wish I was closer and had the weekend off. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
what I got out of it was a group of re-enactors will be going to Gettysburg to cross the barriers that close off the park.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »
I went down to Sonic and got a couple of chili dogs for a late lunch, in honor of  Leo's birthday. I have a lodge meeting to attend tonight and another on Sat. Morning.  Good for the reenactors!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2013, 04:43:12 PM »
Hey all, 65 an neary a cloud.

Birthday's on the ninth Pop, that's a keen memory ya got there.  I balieve this is the first year I've heard holiday music afore that day, someone musta missed the memo.  I call foul on them ad folks playin the lay away card like that.

So far as the big pillow fight goes, wake me up when it's all said an done.  

Gonna do a big mess a sausage an peppers fer supper with left over cobbler ta top it off, hope Lil remembers the i scream.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com