Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 177775 times)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2008, 04:46:48 PM »
that looks like a nice cool streatch of water Leo,  Clea likes that water, we take her over to the pond sometimes,
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
That picture could have been taken anywhere along the South River in Raphine on the way to the range.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »
It's the Yuba, at it's best point.  Lotta folks go ta the spots miles further down stream, but they leave garbage, crowd the area and the water is kinda murkey.  Of course our spot is colder, but it's worth it.
     The dog picked up deepwater doggie paddlin by the second outing.  The trick was ta let her old the end of her leash in her mouth or a stick so she'd breath with her nose an not suck water down her throat.  By the second day ya couldn't get her outta there. :)  Didn't get no pictures that day cause we was all in the water watchin her go.  When she got tired, she'd just go back ta our spot on the beach an watch us. 
     Proud? Me?  Naaw 8)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 04:29:20 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2008, 05:41:46 PM »
Only streams we got here like that are way out west in The Sandhills and Pine Ridge, added bonus though you can find all kinds of ice age fossils in them.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »
Scuse the tinfoil, but this was cookin central.  Only photo got got was an appetizer.
     I loved this set up.  You could do anythin on it an it came with the space ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2008, 06:36:24 AM »
Add a griddle and a couple of cast iron skillets and you could cook anything.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »
'zactly.

Roland Deschain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
I know lots of places you can't build fires like I need, but I have enough places that let me so it works.  Hate to have had Leo build a fire and burn down half of Cally-forn-ia. :)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2008, 02:34:02 PM »
The only thing I ever burn is maself ;D

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2008, 03:04:13 PM »
  Hate to have had Leo build a fire and burn down half of Cally-forn-ia. :)

Del, somebody done beat him to it this year. :o

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
Them wild fires always manage keep comin' back to California ever year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »
If I see one more article that say the Yosemite fire was caused by a target shooter, I’ll scream!!!!!  They never say if it was because of a bad campfire, poor smoking habits, or whatever?? 
All I know is it is really hard to create a fire with a bullet!!!!!  Even the “Myth Busters”, who like to see see things blow up, couldn’t get a car to blow up with a rifle round into the gas tank!!!!  Rant off!!!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2008, 04:22:26 PM »
You nailed that one.
     A clear glass bottle thrown from a car can start a fire if the sun hits it right.  The target shooter gave a window of opportunity for the anti gun lobbiest to build their platform beyond crime.  A lit cigarette is much more likely ta cause a fire than a bullet.  I don't care how hot the thing is when it leaves the barrel, anything traveling through the air at +/- 2000 fps is gonna cool off considerably.  Spent cases from a rifle have some heat to em, but not enough.  The whole premise is rediculous.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »
when they first started putting catalytic converters on vehicles,  I was row crop farming, you wouldn't believe the number of wheat fields that burned off because some farmer drove out in the edge of the field to  check a crop.  it was really a serious problem till everybody became aware how hot those suckers get.  it would be hot enough to catch it on fire in a heartbeat.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2008, 04:39:59 PM »
Back in 78, Colarado Highway Patrol chased someone on I-80 on a day like this, two Newbrassky troopers took over at the line, chased him about 50 miles at over 100 till somethin' let go, he pulled over and bailed, they got him climbin' the fence, tacked him, cuffed him got him up and headed back in time to see all three cars go up in flames, yep no portable radios then, had to flag down a passin' car for help.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »
It doesn't take much of a spark to get that dry grass to burn. We sometimes get sparks from railroad cars to set the grass on fire. Del, When I worked in Waxahachie back in 75, one the deputies had his car burn up because the Catalitic Convertor got the grass on fire.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2008, 08:34:48 AM »
Saw an early catalytic converter burn the insulation off the underside of a car and heat tha floorboard so bad that tha carpet was smokin'.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2008, 08:40:37 AM »
Ain't nuthin' that smells as bad as one of them new catalytic convertors. They smell like rotten aigs.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
Yeah, when they go bad.  Sittin at a stop light with one of then things up ahead is nasty.  Haven't smelt one in a while thank God.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2008, 03:16:37 PM »
Those catalytic convertors can affect your ERG valve and make the engine feel like it's vapor- locking. It sometimes even shut the engine off. I've only had this problems with Fords.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com