Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacksonpollochjr

Ross under the Kansas Open Meetings Act and a few other state rulings this forum does not qualify for official state, county, and local government statements. That is why they don't and\or can't comment.

Ross

Quote from: jacksonpollochjr on July 28, 2013, 02:59:02 PM
Ross under the Kansas Open Meetings Act and a few other state rulings this forum does not qualify for official state, county, and local government statements. That is why they don't and\or can't comment.

That's fine, I never expected any of them to comment personally.
But I'm sure their friends can.

They claim they want community involvement but have plenty of road blocks to prevent any such thing.
They do hav e the West Elk USD 282 web site that they could use to live stream the board meetings, but do they use all that technology, that the taxpayers pay heavily for? NO!

All I'm trying to do is get people discussing what is going on in our fair county with our property taxes, nothing more.

For instance the waste of $19,000 paid to a contractor for nothing. Trying to put together plans to build a new gymnasium and community storm shelter for Howard. But then quite the firm because they asked questions about what the school board wanted.

I don't ask anyone to believe anything I post. I do ask that they discuss and make up their own minds.

But, thank you for the information!

I have also posted documentation for people to read. All they have to do is click on the link in the space below each of my posts.

Here is that link again: For USD 282 Documents Click Link Below
  https://www.box.com/s/c0xebcwvgf9zd7xru3pp

Ross

Quote from: ddurbin on July 28, 2013, 02:55:02 PM
Ross,
Please clarify a point for me.  Are you saying that both the school board AND the site council are guilty of advocating sports and a community storm shelter, or are you only accusing the school board of doing so?  I did not see anywhere in the 3 sets of site council minutes you posted that they had had any discussion of sports or a community storm shelter.

Quote from: ROSS on July 28, 2013, 04:16:49 PM

I don't ask anyone to believe anything I post. I do ask that they discuss and make up their own minds.

You too are permitted to make up your own mind as to what is happening.

The Site Council has no power, they can only make suggestions to the West Elk School Board of Education.
Any decisions are strictly the responsibility of the West Elk School Board of Education and those duly elected to serve the voters and taxpayers as a whole.

That simply means the West Elk School Board of Education Members can not come back and say, "It was the Site Council's idea."

Pretty simple, isn't it?

Thank you for your inquiry?

Ross

Mr. Durbin I will tell you what I think the future might hold for most Elk County taxpayers and what I don't think the West Elk School Board of Education might do, if that will help you.

First, I don't think the West Elk School Board of Education has enough funds to build a new Gymnasium and Community Storm Shelter for Howard, without raising property taxes the 4 mill they discussed at a board meeting and I don't believe even that would be enough to build that new Gymnasium and Community Storm Shelter for Howard.

I do think that the West Elk School Board of Education might try to run another Bond Issue, wasting further taxpayers dollars just to be told no, again.

That's simply my opinion, my personal thoughts.

If Howard wants a Community Storm Shelter other than what is already offered in Howard, I'd suggest they apply for the FEMA funds and build their own with in the city limits so everyone in Howard has access to it.

What are your thoughts?
Especially on a Community Storm Shelter for Howard?

jacksonpollochjr

Quote from: ROSS on July 28, 2013, 04:16:49 PM
That's fine, I never expected any of them to comment personally.
But I'm sure their friends can.

They claim they want community involvement but have plenty of road blocks to prevent any such thing.
They do hav e the West Elk USD 282 web site that they could use to live stream the board meetings, but do they use all that technology, that the taxpayers pay heavily for? NO!

All I'm trying to do is get people discussing what is going on in our fair county with our property taxes, nothing more.

For instance the waste of $19,000 paid to a contractor for nothing. Trying to put together plans to build a new gymnasium and community storm shelter for Howard. But then quite the firm because they asked questions about what the school board wanted.

But, thank you for the information!

I have also posted documentation for people to read. All they have to do is click on the link in the space below each of my posts.

Here is that link again: For USD 282 Documents Click Link Below
  https://www.box.com/s/c0xebcwvgf9zd7xru3pp

Ross, at one point one of your links did not work. But I did follow the new 26 page link above. Thanks for making that info available. I may not agree with you on some things but you did a good job on posting all those documents. Thanks.

Ross

Quote from: jacksonpollochjr on July 28, 2013, 05:25:42 PM
Ross, at one point one of your links did not work. But I did follow the new 26 page link above. Thanks for making that info available. I may not agree with you on some things but you did a good job on posting all those documents. Thanks.

Well sir, I thank you for the compliment.
I do not expect anyone to agree with me, so that is quite alright.

Bullwinkle

Well yur in truble now Ross.

You got the duble dubins on you now.

Ross

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 28, 2013, 06:53:01 PM
    Well yur in truble now Ross.

You got the duble dubins on you now.

ROFLMAO!
We gotta have fun don't we.

Ross

I just received this information from a reliable source . but I confirmed it by calling the Montgomery Sheriffs Office.

This is not a joke.

Montgomery County Chronicle

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT:

Be on the lookout for a silver Honda Accord. There is a white male and a 19 year old teen from New Mexico. They are going around house to house asking for information about your children for their "child information". The girl has brown hair and carries a black backpack. This is all a scam! They are just wanting information about your children so they can come back for them. They are sex trafficking children. This is happening in Webb City, Joplin, Carterville and all surrounding areas. Do NOT answer the questions they have for you. Immediately call your local police department. Last seen in Elk City, Kan., area on July 28, 2013 and they were in different cities each time.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on July 30, 2013, 09:39:31 AM
It appears that the Elk County Commission is headed for a 2014 budget that will reduce the mill levy by 18+ mills!  By making some cuts and applying a portion of the PILOT monies on hand, taxpayers will have to contribute about 14% less to county operations next year.  Good job, commissioners.  You've made a great start.

Now, can the school boards hold the spending line?

My Response;

Quote from: ROSS on July 30, 2013, 10:46:11 AM
Who are you kidding.
This news about property tax being lowered is probably just the fuel the Board of Education needs.
Can't you hear them, they have the lowest taxes they have had in years, now we can raise school property taxes. Can't you hear it.
Well just take off that tin foil hat.

I don't think they feel they have wasted enough time and money on trying to build a new Gymnasium and Community Storm Shelter for Howard, yet.

How can Howard get on the map if they don't have another Gymnasium for sport practice and win more State Tournaments?
How else can they get State wide recognition? Oh, I have an idea. Focus on education more and sports less, get us a blue ribbon school and not for just one year but every year. Be all you can be, do what you are paid to do educate all the children. Can you Set some real goal for education --- School Board of Education?

They know they can raise our taxes another 4 mil without asking us. And I hear they are trying to get that ceiling (limit) raised.

Perhaps that will be on the ballot this fall and the voters will give them what they want, a free reign.

Just like the last election though, the voters gave them what they wanted. They wanted to reduce the voting districts from 6 to 3 and they got it. I guess the voters didn't realize what the words " it will make it easier to get board members".

Sure it will. Won't it make it easier to get more board members from Howard or the close vicinity. Won't that end up being the centralizing of the school board?

Oh well, as I have suggested before I expect more wasted expense of our taxpayer dollars that are suppose to go to another bond issue this fall. This time for a Gymnasium and Community Storm Shelter for Howard. I think they still want a Taj Mahal for Howard, don't you?

I gotta quote and post this over on the Elk Konnected thread, after all some of the School Board members are still part of that NGO aren't they.

I sure hope the voters don't continue to give in.

WHAT WILL YOUR RESPONSE BE ON VOTING DAY THIS FALL?

No don't tell me let it be a surprise, if it happens?

Raise taxes for sports or hold the line, it will be your choice, IMHO

Will you give in, if it happens?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk