Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Fire Elk on September 20, 2012, 06:23:11 PM
Ross, I don't see where you make the point that people were trying to circumvent the rules to have a dessert walk.

My answer is your statement.

Quote from: Fire Elk on September 20, 2012, 04:17:42 PM
We have been told we can't do this because it is considered a game of chance and that is considered gambling. Does anyone have any

suggestions on how to get around this."

Fire Elk

Quote from: srkruzich on September 20, 2012, 06:44:58 PM
I think the point is to avoid all appearances of evil!  Cakewalks to what happens in vegas!

srkruzich, you lost me with your evil comment. I see topics of discussion on wrong, sin, not a good idea. Our definitions of evil are so far apart we would need to start a new thread.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Fire Elk

Quote from: Ross on September 20, 2012, 07:07:08 PM
My answer is your statement.

Ross I didn't say that. That was a quote from someone else that I posted a link to. I noticed you removed the quotes that I posted on that statement.

srkruzich

Quote from: Fire Elk on September 20, 2012, 07:09:33 PM
srkruzich, you lost me with your evil comment. I see topics of discussion on wrong, sin, not a good idea. Our definitions of evil are so far apart we would need to start a new thread.
Pretty simple.  Man is the only one who sets levels of evil.  To God there is no such thing.  Stealing a paper clip is just as bad as murdering someone to him. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Fire Elk

Quote from: srkruzich on September 20, 2012, 08:03:17 PM
Pretty simple.  Man is the only one who sets levels of evil.  To God there is no such thing.  Stealing a paper clip is just as bad as murdering someone to him. 

You are confusing sins that God places no level on. A sin is a sin. Evil is another topic. The topics here are not evil. Evil and sin are two separate concepts.

Ross

Konnected Kounty Kommissioner Hendricks and Konnected Kounty Kommissioner Liebau what is your little organization or company, what ever it is, what's it doing for the, "Superior Lifestyle" in Elk County? Where is the improvement?

And about that "Stay with us as We Grow!", where is the growth? Who are the official members of Elk Konnected, LLC?
Do you have more then 10 members now?
For the above Please reference http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/

The following Quoted from:
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/resources/kcl0511.pdf
My remarks in blue.

You made community health a
priority, too. I can use that! Thanks
to the Physical Wellness action team,
we now have a Wellness Center in
Howard, with card access to anyone,
anytime.
Wait a minute didn't you fail at that?

And through the hard work
of the Communication action team
and the Elk County Commissioners,
our citizens have access to a
reverse 911 system, an invaluable tool
for notifying citizens of countywide
emergency activities.

Wait a minute you mean to tell me we don't need county commissioners to do this work?
Are you saying your visionaries came up with this idea and forced it on the county commissioners? Oh, and didn't you try to commandeer it until Kounty Kommissioner Liebau's Aunt called you on the carpet for it? Does Elk County really need this meddling?
Does Elk County really need Commissioners that turn their responsibilities over to a privately owned company founded by Konnected Kounty Kommissioner Hendricks? Why?

Wow! Is it not amazing what can
happen when we work together and
stay positive.

I find it amazing also, if a person doesn't agree with everything you want, then they are wrong? Is it that your little privately owned company you founded is the only right solution in Elk Coounty and everyone else is wrong? Isn't there something terribly negative in your philosophy, in your thinking?

As a County Commissioner, I'm  
beginning to see how Elk Konnected
can help elected officials respond to
our biggest challenges and opportunities.

Don't you mean as Konnected Kounty Kommissioner you can see how it is that your little privately owned company you founded can rule the County Commissioners Board with your two Konnected Kounty Kommissioners controlling Vote? Doesn't  that make you a carbon copy of the "Old Guard" you have refered to as and suggested of sorts, something that needed to go away?

You did that in 2008 with
the Community Conversation on
"our schools and our community"
and helped one of our school boards
deal with a shrinking budget

Just how did Elk Konnected, LLC help one of our school boards deal with a shrinking budget?
This just sounds like so much B.S. without specifics. I could say I helped out with the landing of Curious on Mars, does that make it so? Sounds like cheap talk to me, what do you think?

We definitely need new County Commissioners and less Konnected Kounty Kommissioners.

Here are two men, I think will be good self thinking men. they don't have the support of visionaries that seem to fail at everything they do!

So let's get out there and vote for some positive Change, Okay?

Mr. Hebb and Mr. Wunderlich

A Great Improvement,  Great POSITIVE change For Elk County
Actually an Amazing Improvement For Elk County

Diane Amberg

Sorry Ross, I know this is off topic, but I thought I could help.
  I did some checking and Kansas gaming laws are extremely strict.Your state is one of the few that does not have a charity exemption...yet. Games judged to be gambling have to have a license.
   If a game is a game of chance, it is considered gambling.  If it a game of skill ,it is not gambling.
  The cake walk is a game of chance, so it would be gambling. Dart throwing to break balloons is a game of skill, so it is not. Neither is a shooting gallery. Even a kids' duck pond game is a game of chance, no skill involved, but tossing ping pong balls into fish bowls or tossing hoops over soda bottles takes skill, so wouldn't be considered gambling. I found the information very interesting.  Apparently it has to be judged for prosecution locally and nobody usually bothers. Please check for yourselves.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 21, 2012, 04:06:47 PM
Sorry Ross, I know this is off topic, but I thought I could help.
 I did some checking and Kansas gaming laws are extremely strict.Your state is one of the few that does not have a charity exemption...yet. Games judged to be gambling have to have a license.
  If a game is a game of chance, it is considered gambling.  If it a game of skill ,it is not gambling.
 The cake walk is a game of chance, so it would be gambling. Dart throwing to break balloons is a game of skill, so it is not. Neither is a shooting gallery. Even a kids' duck pond game is a game of chance, no skill involved, but tossing ping pong balls into fish bowls or tossing hoops over soda bottles takes skill, so wouldn't be considered gambling. I found the information very interesting.  Apparently it has to be judged for prosecution locally and nobody usually bothers. Please check for yourselves.

So, Diane are you suggesting that since no one checks, Elk Konnected, LLC's Youth Development Committee should go ahead and violate the law? How is that for youth development of Elk County, a mighty good and positive lesson, right? Teaching by example, good move?

Now, it will be interesting, how this turns out, won't it?

Will our Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioner that founded Elk Konnected, LLC Kommission sponsor such an event even if it is the wrong thing to do?

Oh my, oh my, what a delima?

Follow the law or not to follow the law, that is the question?

That is what it sounds like.

Good job Diane.

Ross

I wonder what other surprises our Konnected Kounty Kommissioners and their visionaries have in store for us?

Isn't it time to get some new County Commissioners?

Hey, look here is a chance to get some better morales in office, don't you think?

Come on you Elk Konnected Followers let's hear something POSITIVE about these two men of Elk County, can you try to say something positive? Isn't that the Elk Konnected, LLC way, to be POSITIVE? Let's hear you practice what you preach, please! Show Elk County you mean what you say! I bet you can not do it. Be POSITIVE that is. Let's get POSITIVE for Elk County!!!

Mr. Hebb and Mr. Wunderlich

A Great Improvement,   Great POSITIVE change For Elk County
Actually an Amazing Improvement For Elk County

Diane Amberg

Ross cut it out. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  Ross,your comment to me is exactly why most people won't talk to you. I just laid out what I found. I  made no suggestions of any kind for or against anything . Do you have oatmeal above your eyebrows or are you just mean? :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk