Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Mom70x7 on September 12, 2012, 02:08:07 PM
I'm talking about the Excellence in Education Awards handed out - for reaching Exemplary Status (the highest) in several grades: 4, 5, 6, 8 and 11. Year after year! In math, science, reading, writing, history. A+ ratings.

That's kind of really across-the-board quality education.

Out of 12 grades you are simply saying 5 grades are doing good. What about the other 7 grades? Now that is not even ½ of the school doing so good is it. That is only 42% would that be a passing grade for a student? If not how is that a passing grade for the school?

Yes, I also mentioned the contests the kids go to: Our junior high and senior high math teams superb! And huge - 20-30 students participating at each level, not just a select few.

That is still not the overall school performance as you pointed out above, is it?
Are you suggesting there is no room for improvement at West Elk?

Our teachers are dedicated and do the best with what they have.

So now we blame the kids, is that it?
What about the Special Education Program?
Couldn't it use the extra money they want to give away in the form of the (welfare) rebate program be used to bolster that Special Education Program?

I understand you don't like David Whetstone or Liz Hendrichs. You don't have to. But don't knock the schools without knowing more about what they are doing. The education our students receive is consistently good. Give them credit. Our teachers are dedicated and do the best with what they have. Give them credit also.

You don't understand anything in my opinion! I have nothing personal against either David Whetstone or Liz Hendricks they are elected officials that both have jobs to do for all the citizens of Elk County not just for Elk connected. They are both politicians and if a citizen does not think they are doing the job for the position they hold, that citizen has every right to point it out.

I wasn't knocking the school or the kids, I was talking about the school board president, please try to keep it straight. It's the job of the school board to use our tax dollars efficiently to educated each and every child, not to side with Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners on County political issues. Where is the line drawn?

Give me a break, but hey, you are entitled to you opinion just as I am.

What is a Blue Ribbon School?
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools where students perform at very high levels or where significant improvements are being made in students' levels of academic achievement. Since 1982, the U.S. Department of Education's National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has honored America's most successful public and private elementary, middle, and high schools. A National Blue Ribbon Schools flag waving overhead has become a trademark of excellence, a symbol of quality recognized by everyone from parents to policy-makers in thousands of communities. In its 30 year history, the U. S. Department of Education has bestowed this coveted award on nearly 7,000 of America's schools.

Shouldn't this be the goal of the School Board instead of giving money away?

FYI Blue Ribbon Schools in Kansas are listed at http://www.publicschoolreview.com/blueribbon_schools/stateid/KS

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 12, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
I'll take an intelligent, dedicated teacher over an overpaid pencil pushing administrator or pandering politician any day.  Cudos to good teachers who put education & thinking first & everything else second!

I have teachers in my family. In fact I have two that are married but retired now. She was an excellent, dedicated, and cared for her students. She provided extra for children with problems. However, I can't say the same for her husband.
But I don't believe either one would agree with this (welfare) rebate programm that would deprive the school of the necessary funds to improve their Special Education Program or their regular Education program.

I don;t believe any teacher worth their salt would agree of short changing the children that way.

Patriot

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 12, 2012, 03:17:49 PM
This chapter, at least for West Elk, USD 282, is closed... for now:  http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,14344.msg196386/topicseen.html#msg196386

Great news!
Kudos for the School Board.
Sorry Konnected David Whetstone!
An elected entity showing some common sense!
Do I hear three cheers for the school board ?

Hip Hip Hoorray!

Hip Hip Hoorray!

Hip Hip Hoorray!

proelkco

Ross you are a true idiot. Patriot you seem to think you are always right and everyone else is misinformed.

Patriot

Quote from: proelkco on September 12, 2012, 04:04:37 PM
Ross you are a true idiot. Patriot you seem to think you are always right and everyone else is misinformed.

Sorry you feel that way.  The fact, I know several Elk County residents who are quite well informed and who agree change is needed.  You seem to think that just by engaging in personal attacks and name calling with no support for your invectives and arguments that you somehow will silence those who disagree with local government or the status quo.  History would seem to prove that your view regarding the effectiveness of intimidation incorrect.  How about you try that lame approach against Warph and his views of Obummer.  I doubt he will stop either.  LOL

Now, about the use of county resources & positions by county employees and/or elected officials to promote the activities & image of a private company.  Is that acceptable?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Ross, are you assuming all grades are tested? Newark Charter is a Blue Ribbon School and yes, I'm bragging.

Ross

Ross you are a true idiot.

Why thank you! Your opinion is highly regarded. LOL

Patriot you seem to think you are always right and everyone else is misinformed.

I agree with you proelkco Patriot does seem to always be right! Do you suppose it's because of all his factual statements that you can not disprove?

Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioner Hendricks only has two Konnected members on the school board and therefore lacks control, too bad.

proelkco

You have told us time and time again that you do not know who is a member of Elk Konnected. And read correctly please I said Patriot SEEMS TO THINK  he is always right.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 12, 2012, 04:28:31 PM
Ross, are you assuming all grades are tested?

No I am not assuming anything. The actual point was th eschool board should concentrate on the education of the children and not be involved in County politics. And I am proud of those that chose to do just that.

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 12, 2012, 04:28:31 PM
Newark Charter is a Blue Ribbon School and yes, I'm bragging.
Yes by all means you should be proud.
I believe West Elk could do the same thing if the school board studied on it.

But let's get back to the real subject of this thread.

I believe we need to replace the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners with non-Konnected County Commissioners.

Try these guys, please. Check them out! Talk with them!
What ever it takes to assure your vote or not!

Mr. Hebb and Mr. Wunderlich

A Great Improvement For Elk County

Actually a Positive Improvement For Elk County  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk