Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

To answer somebody's question about a write in candidate; Randy Julien ran a write in campaign in the primarys. I am hoping that he does so again in the Nov. election. He is a businessman here in Moline, and he beat the third candidate. Between Randy and the third candidate they pulled more votes than the incumbent. It appears that Ross is not the only person who disapproves of some of the commisions' actions. And those votes were all GOP voters. Interesting.
Edie

proelkco

Can someone please tell me what Randy Julian is planning to do to help the county? Also what has Mr. Liebau done so wrong? I am not trying to be hateful or spiteful to either candidate just interested before I vote?

readyaimduck

sixdogs:

you are correct in that we need to think outside the box for you you all want.
Write in's are most accepted.

Ross

Quote from: proelkco on August 26, 2012, 04:19:59 PM
Ross, again I ask what are you pleasantly pleased that bothers me?
I thought surely you were jesting, I thought it was crystal clear what I was talking about.

But I will try to clear it up for you.
I said:
Quote from: Ross on August 24, 2012, 03:30:30 PM
You can not, in any way convince me, that having two commissioners konnected to a private organization that came forth with the list starting on page one of this thread, are unbiased. But, I sure would like to see you try to convince me otherwise, it would make interesting reading.

I gave full credit for the failure of a list to Elk Konnected, LLC whom I believe even took credit for it in the newspaper and their web site and to the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners. And that appeared to bother you because you came back with pointing the finger at Elk County Citizens.

And you attempted to correct me by saying:
Quote from: proelkco on August 24, 2012, 04:00:10 PM
The list from page one of this topic came from Elk County residents not from the Elk County Commissioners or Elk Konnected
And I responded:
Quote from: Ross on August 24, 2012, 04:27:00 PM
You may believe that if you so desire.

The list was composed by Elk konnected, LLC and provided to two Konnected Kounty Kommissioners and one independent free thinking County Commissioner.

Not one Elk County Citizens name was attached to any suggestion, not one?

Therefore, the ownership belongs to Elk Konnected, LLC in my humble opinion.

And I'm pleasantly pleased to see that this bothers you?

Please see http://www.freedomadvocates.org/images/pdf/how%20to%20handle%20predetermined%20consensus%20meetings.pdf  for an education in control and manipulation.

Quote from: proelkco on August 26, 2012, 05:20:36 PM
Can someone please tell me what Randy Julian is planning to do to help the county?

I can't help you with this one.

Also what has Mr. Liebau done so wrong?

It's not so wrong in as the perhaps the meaning of your question.
But where are the ethics in being a Konnected Kounty Kommissioner with what appears to be mis-placed loyalties and voting to give county money to the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC, shouldn't he recuse himself, when voting to give money to Elk Konnected simply out of ethics. He has been like their cheerleader during County meetings. He even during the Meet and Greet the Candidates mentioned Elk connected, LLC enough times that I nearly felt that Elk Konnected, LLC was running for office.

Now I ask you. Do you want Elk Konnected, LLC to occupy two county commissioners seats and the possible inappropriate appearance of a privately owned company running Elk County?

I am not trying to be hateful or spiteful to either candidate just interested before I vote?
Hmmm!

Ross

Quote from: patriotdad on August 24, 2012, 10:17:52 AM
"You see those kickbacks or welfare called property tax rebates will be public record. And those will be the business I will personally boycott and I will ask my friends to do the same. They will not make a profit off of my dollar by being a "Beggar-They -Neighbor" business." -Ross

If they don't care to support the county by paying their fair share of property taxes by receiving a kickback being called a rebate, then I don't care to support them through the profits they make off my money in purchases. Fair is Fair. Simple, positive thinking! Oops did I steal a positive from Elk Konnected, LLC --- just a little humor of sorts.

This is exactly why people won't respond to you and don't use their real names on here.  Because if you knew who they were you would personally attack them and try to damage their credibility and reputation.  

Really? You can assume that, but you are wrong!
Just who have I personally attacked and tried to damage their credibility and reputation?
Do these people whomever you are talking about have such fragile credibility and reputation that they can not hold an open conversation? If so,
They then have my sympathies whoever they are!
Sounds like the excuse of a coward to me, just my opinion.

Also, you claim to love this county and chose to live here but now your going to boycott business'.  Hoping to cost them 10%-20% of their customers.  Wow, you really do love this community and your neighbors.  You love them so much you want to run them out of business.  

If they are going to choose to boycott paying their fair share of property taxes by use of a lame "Neighborhood Revitalization Program", yes I will respond in kind by boycotting them! And I will ask others to do the same.

I just crossed the highway today and greeted new neighbors to Elk County. Really nice people that moved here from Missouri. Hey, and without any Beggar-Thy-Neighbor money. But I'm sure they are bringing funds into the county and isn't that economic development. No, I haven't discussed this subject or this thread with them yet.

I meet another nice couple that just moved here about a month ago, and no Beggar-Thy-Neighbor money.

Isn't that amazing, more economic development growth and no welcome wagons.
What's the world come to?

Patriot

Can someone please tell me what Randy Julian is planning to do to help the county? Also what has Mr. Liebau done so wrong? I am not trying to be hateful or spiteful to either candidate just interested before I vote?

Regular attendance at county commission meetings alone could answer that question.  While a likeable fella, Mr. Liebau is NOT a strong conservative.  After switching from Democrat to Republican, imo, solely to carry the majority registered Republican vote in the last general election, Mr. Liebau has since demonstrated that there is clearly not a spending plan he doesn't favor. When discussing county debt last year, Mr Liebau happily informed the public that a lease is not a debt.... say what?  KOMA & lawful matters taken up in executive session?  Naaaa.  The list goes on & on.  As I said, just as with Obama's 'likeability', Mr. Liebau seems a very likeable person.  But from a management & policy perspective... a non-starter in my opinion.

As for Mr. Julian... he's attended 1 county commission meeting in the last 18 months that I'm aware of.  As a former road employee, I'm not convinced he has a complete grasp of the wide array of problems we face in Elk County.  He seems fixated on county road issues,  While important, the roads aren't the only challenges we face.  Budgeting, depresses property valuations, Agenda 21 programs at the back door, employee benefit costs, and on and on. Right after the election filing date, Mr. Julian was heard discussing his need to campaign in Elk Falls.... the problem being that Elk Falls wasn't in his district, nor had it been for 6 months.  Even I've heard him talking about the needs of our 3500 residents.... the 2010 Census says our population was down to 2882 even then.  If the man doesn't know his own district boundaries and mis-states the county population by over 20%, is he really ready to represent 1/3 of the residents in county management affairs?  I would have to wonder.  Again, these observations are purely business and not personal.  Mr. Julian is surely a likeable guy.

There's some starter info.  Good luck in you decision making.

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 26, 2012, 05:55:03 PM
I sniff a troll alert.  

Could be.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

proelkco

Thanks for the info.Alot of that is worth looking into.

Ross

I believe FDR explained it real well in 1935 when he said:

In his 1935 State of the Union message, Franklin D. Roosevelt said,"The lessons of history show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

IMHO
Relief = Welfare
Welfare = Rebates
Rebates = Kick Backs

redcliffsw

Yes Sir!  No sense in shielding anything from the free market with gov't money and programs.

Either they make a go or they don't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk