Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Is all this dialogue a textbook example of retrograde evolution of dialogue? And even that between both the formally and informally educated? 

A reminder:  Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Can we stick to ideas?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

ELK@KC

Quote from: Patriot on August 22, 2012, 10:45:11 AM
Is all this dialogue a textbook example of retrograde evolution of dialogue? And even that between both the formally and informally educated? 

A reminder:  Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Can we stick to ideas?
Good quote, the small minds fits you and Ross perfect, you both are always discussing people in this very thread.

Diane Amberg

Geez Ross, if you really don't know what an analogy is, just tell me and I'll explain it. You use them all the time but then pretend you don't by hiding behind "Did I SAY such and such?" That is using an analogy... where the subject has already been well defined and an example of some difference is used to further explain the subject. Remember Aesop's fables? Not really analogy, but you get the idea.
What did you have happen to need pain pills? Hope you feel better soon..really.
Patriot, perhaps you really mean de- evolution of dialog.HA! If you are saying the educated among us have an advantage fine, we'll take it. ;)

Patriot

Quote from: ELK@KC on August 22, 2012, 10:54:24 AM
Good quote, the small minds fits you and Ross perfect, you both are always discussing people in this very thread.

Thanks for the personal attack.  It proves my point exactly.

Perhaps if you look a tad deeper, you will see the discussion is more generally about the plans, ideas & methods of political officials, government employees and their associates.... and has been since day one.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2012, 11:06:40 AM
Patriot, perhaps you really mean de- evolution of dialog.HA! If you are saying the educated among us have an advantage fine, we'll take it. ;)

No, teacher, that would be 'devolution' not 'de-volution':

Definition of DEVOLUTION

1: transference (as of rights, powers, property, or responsibility) to another; especially : the surrender of powers to local authorities by a central government
2: retrograde evolution : degeneration

(Source:  Merriam-Webster)

So much for your assumed advantage.  Booklearnin' isn't always the bestlearnin'.  Wisdom is not necessarily gleaned from classrooms & paper degrees.  The same with common sense.  I doubt your 'education' would be worth a damn in Afganistan or even the wilds of Canada.... unless you can reason with bears, bullets & terrorists and talk them to death. 

Diane Amberg

Wow! You have no sense of humor at all do ya? Now that's a real shame. What a waste. And it was de-evolution written to show how it was changed from your word evolution,( not devoluton.) As I shake my head. tsk tsk. 8) ;D

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2012, 12:19:55 PM
Wow! You have no sense of humor at all do ya? Now that's a real shame. What a waste. And it was de-evolution written to show how it was changed from your word evolution,( not devoluton.) As I shake my head. tsk tsk. 8) ;D

Sure I have a sense of humor.  I just missed the humor of your word invention.  Here:  LOL

Better now?

Shame on me?  Read the Webster definition of devolution (entry 2) - "retrograde evolution".  So much for your 'education advantage".  Now that's humorous.

Diane Amberg

AH YES..nothing is funny unless you are the author.  :P  Daniel Boone taught me how to deal with bears years ago.

Ross

Quote from: proelkco on August 23, 2012, 06:23:54 PM
You are so right.

Really, I suppose ethics and principles and couth are laughable matters.
Like having Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners that are associated with an organization that said they came about because of the Old Guard. I suppose that is humorous?

I consider their organization nothing more then the Old Guard with their hand out for all the freebies they can get, IMHO.

Which includes kickbacks or welfare called property tax rebates on properties possibly worth $200,000 or more.
It'a not just a few dollars.
I don't think it's a bit funny for operating such a heist on the everyday taxpayer in Elk County?
Not very humorous is it?
By heist I mean everyone pays their fair share according to the county tax codes except for a speciial few.
If the county doesn't need the tax dollars to operate the county give taxbreaks to everyone.
Show some couth, ethics and fairness to all taxpayers 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk