Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

So oldfart, if ya think I'm twisted, what do you think of this teachers commencement speech.

But first just because someone thinks they are special and gives themselves special recognition or gives themselves a special name, doesn't make them special. Especially, when they have to have another organization tell them what to do and pay them, for telling them what to do. There just is no creativity in that. Just bullying or pulling strings to accomplish nothing. I'd really be ashamed of myself if I had that attirude. Oh, well!

Just my opinion. Just something to think about.

Check out this twisted teacher telling the true facts of life.

Social media was buzzing about a Boston-area high school teacher's blunt commencement speech that told students they "are not special."

Wellesley High English teacher David McCullough Jr. told graduates "You are not special. You are not exceptional," quoting empirical evidence:

"Across the country no fewer than 3.2 million seniors are graduating about now from more than 37,000 high schools. That's 37,000 valedictorians ... 37,000 class presidents ... 92,000 harmonizing altos ... 340,000 swaggering jocks ... 2,185,967 pairs of Uggs," he said in the speech published in the Boston Herald.

He added: "Even if you're one in a million, on a planet of 6.8 billion that means there are nearly 7,000 people just like you."

McCullough makes a statement on parents who overdo it in a modern society focused on collecting achievements. "You've been pampered, cosseted, doted upon, helmeted, bubble wrapped ... feted and fawned over and called sweetie pie." But he adds in a video on Wellesley Channel TV YouTube page, "You see, if everyone is special, then no one is. If everyone gets a trophy, trophies become meaningless. ... We have of late, we Americans, to our detriment, come to love accolades more than genuine achievement."

McCullough's address does push students to recognize real achievement: "The fulfilling life, the distinctive life, the relevant life is an achievement," and he encourages graduates "to do whatever you do for no reason other than you love it and believe in its importance."

But near the end of the address he says, "The sweetest joys of life, then, come only with the recognition that you're not special. Because everyone is."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/high-school-graduation-speaker-tells-students-not-special-145709954.html

So, there you see, everyone in Elk County is special. I am Not discussing organizations that try to tell us what to do, by other organizations telling them what to do for pay. Nothing special there, is there? That just sounds like a give me your money scheme and get to take from the county & city & school coffers and then look important. Just moronic thinking in my opinion?

Everyone in Elk County is special. Get it!

Ross

Well, there was no mention in the paper this week about Elk Konnected, LLC.

But, I read the Guest Editorial by the President of the Howard Chamber of Commerce telling us how we should volunteer, so we can feel good about ourselves. Really?
(I do happen to like the author of the article, but I disagree with him on volunteering)

Do I need to volunteer for some organization in order to feel good about myself?

I don't think, I need some organization, telling me what I need to do, to feel good about myself or what good deeds I need to perform?

Do you as an adult need someone telling you what or how to perform voluntary good deeds you choose to do on your own?

I don't Think so.

I do my best to help my neighbors and friends and even strangers when the occasion presents it's self.

Do I need to brag about it or publicize everything I do in a charitable effort? I don't think so!  Do you think, I do?

I noticed they left Elk Konnected, LLC, I wonder why? Do you suppose there might be a sequel to this Guest Editorial?

Perhaps by another Guest Editorial?

But remember the Konnections between this newspaper and various organizations and governments in Elk County?

It just sounds and smells fishy to me?

But let's wait and see!

Maybe next week or a few weeks down the road?

But, I have to ask once again, if all these so called leaders out there, have any answers, why don't they post them right here?

Why are all their communications one-way???

For instance, how is Elk Konnected, LLC sponsoring the Elk County Summer Day Camp?

I bet no one has a legitimate answer to that question!

Oldtimer

You are even against Volunteering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, without the hardworking volunteers, Elk County would not have had 2 fairs, 2 Rodeos, The famous Longton Free Barbecue,the Elk River Festival, The Outhouse Contest, etc. I guess you are saying do away with Cub Scouts, Brownies, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, the Red Cross, The American Legion, The Flag displays at the cemeteries on Memorial Day, 4H, Church Programs. The volunteers are what makes things happen. With your always negative attitude I would think the voters would do well to vote for everyone you are against. Come to think of it, volunteers is what makes this Forum Possible.

Patriot

Quote from: Oldtimer on June 14, 2012, 10:48:34 AM
...the Elk River Festival...

Would that be the same Festival that the Chamber has cancelled this year due do a lack of volunteers?  As for all the groups & events you mention, I'm all in favor of volunteerism.... but when people are manipulated or humiliated into participation by any group or private LLC, it isn't volunteerism... it's indentured servitude.  Why would you favor slavery or participation by humiliation or threat?

I would think the voters would do well to vote for everyone you are against.

If you actually believe that the voters of Elk County should make such an important decision based on who you think Ross or I are supposedly against, then you must not think very highly of the voters.  Are they so dull, in your view, that they shouldn't do their own research, talk to the candidates themselves, look at existing policies and make their minds up individually rather than as some blind herd following a grain truck?  I choose to believe they are much smarter than that.  Now that's positive, no?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

You are even against Volunteering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW,

Now that's really twisting what I said, a whole lot of twsting in my opinion.

I said, people don't require being told they have to volunteer.
I also said, the goodwill they do for friends, neighbors and even strangers are not required to be published.
They also don't need people like you telling them, they can feel good about their own accomplishments.

I guess you are saying do away with Cub Scouts, Brownies, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, the Red Cross, The American Legion, The Flag displays at the cemeteries on Memorial Day, 4H, Church Programs.

Never once, have I even had that kind of thought.
Why didn't you mention Elk Konnected, LLC and the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners in that paragraph?

With your always negative attitude I would think the voters would do well to vote for everyone you are against. Come to think of it, volunteers is what makes this Forum Possible.

Sir, if you have missed them, I have thanked the owners of the forum several times for providing the form of communication and I was very sincere about it.

Is it a negative attitude to tell the people of Elk County they are just as special as any other person in Elk County, or that no one else in Elk County is any better then they are?

Have you heard me once say who to vote for or who to vote against? I didn't think so!

With your always negative attitude I would think the voters would do well to vote for everyone you are against.

Isn't that a truely negative attitude on your part?
I find you very amazing in your negative message, which lacks any information, about who to vote for or against.
Bad communication technic IMHO.

And how would you or anyone know who I was for or against?
I think you are just ass/u/ming and perhaps don't realize that is the wrong thing to do?

Just the same, I encourage everyone to get out and vote, without telling any one who to vote for!

How about you?
Are you going to tell them they have to volunteer for some group?
Are you going to tell them who they have to vote for?

I'd  enjoy seeing 100% participation in voting by every eligible voter in Elk County.

Wouldn't you like to see that Oldtimer?

Ross

Just a little political humor or not?
Your choice.

Ross

You are even against Volunteering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW,

I received a phone call at 7:00 am this morning concerning bad news for Moline.

Since, I live out in the country I was not aware, that lightning had struck the Christian Church in Moline last night and that it had burned to the ground. I was devastated by the news, not because I am a member of the church, but because, I know Preacher Stan and a few of the members of the congregation. Just to let you know, I am not a church going person and I don't belong to any church. However, I do believe strongly in God.

I went to town this morning to offer any help, I might be able to provide. I offered myself and my tractor, which has a backhoe that can be attached if needed.

I then helped the preacher and a few of the church members move a  pulpit/podium and a piano from what use to be the nursing home, now the Swing Bridge CafĂ© to the American Legion. Those pianos are very cotton picking heavy. I simply wanted to be helpful in anyway, I could.  These are some really fine people and a lot of others offered their churches, etc!

A little humor goes a long way. After we were finished the preacher told me and everyone there, that the Devil heard I was planning to be in church this Sunday and he had to burn the church down to keep me from going! Was I offended, definitly not.Humor is needed during hard times and it was quite humorous. Really good people IMHO.

Is it really necessary for me to broadcast this info? NO, it is not!
But to appease you, I did, this time only!

I'm not meaning to blow my own horn, but I have volunteered many times unbeknownst to you and many other people.
Do I need some leader of some organization to tell me to volunteer, or where to volunteer?
No sir, I nor anyone else needs that.
Only the organization leaders need that, to build a Name for their organization.
Do I need a County Commissioner at the Commissioner spouting off at the top of his voice, that I should volunteer?
Again NO!
That is not his job while serving the people of Elk County at a County Commissioners meeting, now is it?

Now, I ask you Oldtimer does this show, I am against volunteering? NO!

It just shows, that when supposed leaders cross the line, they are wrong, IMHO.
Thank You.

Where was your Elk Konnected, LLC's volunteers this morning?
Oh, it wasn't an Konnected Kounty Kommissioners meeting,
where they could ask for "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" money was it?
It wasn't an Elk Konnected, LLC Kommunity Konversation that they could publicize in the local newspaper, was it?

Yes, I am being sarcastic, so what?

Elk Konnected, LLC nor any of it's followers are good enough to respond to decent questions, why?

Perhaps, they will answer to sarcasm, do ya reckon?

So feel free to hammer me all you want, I shall not be offended.

srkruzich

That is a good question.  where are the EK volenteers since their big thingis that they are there for the community.  Guess there wasn't enough money in it for them.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Right. 

By the way, I don't think Ross is out to form an organization to raise money for recognition.

Ya gotta wonder what Oldtimer's motives are.  Is he looking to be the receiving end of government provisions?
Or maybe he's already taking 'em.

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on June 17, 2012, 06:56:50 AM
Right.  

By the way, I don't think Ross is out to form an organization to raise money for recognition.

Ya gotta wonder what Oldtimer's motives are.  Is he looking to be the receiving end of government provisions?
Or maybe he's already taking 'em.

You are right Redcliffsw, I had my fill of organizations many years ago.
And I have never begged for money.
I've always got my money the old fashioned way, honest way, I've worked for it, I've always earned my own money. Never "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" money.

I sure wouldn't start an organization in Elk County,
                               that had to have another organization,
                                                  from outside the County that required,
                                                                    that I pay them to let me run my organization,
                                                                                                                                       Would you?

How stupid is that?

Shows a total lack of leadership in my way of thinking!
        Also, shows a lack of ability and imagination, creativity and intelligence in my opinion!
                                           Wouldn't matter how many degrees
                                                              ya might have, still lacks leadership qualities, IMHO!

Fit's right up there with Begging for money from the coffers of the county taxpayers, doesn't it?

All of that though definitely shows the ability to follow mindlessly, right?
                                      Think about that for a minute!
                                         Begging to pay some other privately owned company from the County Coffers.
            And having to do as they say, or ?????   ?????   WHAT  ?????

But lets cut to the chase,
Does everyone in Elk County have to follow like lemmings?
Only, if you don't want to be dissed or don't want to be called names.

Who's idea was it to have an Elk County Youth Development Employee?
Why, the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners said at a Konnected Kounty Kommissioners meeting that it was Elk Konnected, LLC's idea.
Who else do our County Commissioners and County Employees work for?
Call it volunteering or whatever you want, I think their loyalties are misplaced.
Kommissioner Hendricks claimed to be the founder of Elk Konnected, LLC and has been on it's steering committee (or as I prefer, their Board of Directors) since it inception.
Isn't She is also employed by Public Squares Communitties, LLC which is the privately owned company that Elk Konnected, LLC begs the Elk County Government for Money to pay that company with, isn't she?

How sweet an arrangement is that?

I wonder how much of Kounty Kommissioner Hendricks salary at Public Squares Communities, LLC is paid with Elk County Coffers, while she is working for Public Squares Communitties, LLC ?

Personally, I would think even a quarter of a dollar would be too much, that's my personal opinion.

What other Elk County Employee is Konnected?
That's right the Elk County Youth Development Employee is on the  Elk Konnected, LLC  Steering Committee (Or Board of Governors as I prefer to call it).

Does that also make her the Elk Konnected, LLC  Youth Development Action Team Member ?????

Then how about Konnected Kommissioner Leibau who brags at Konnected Kounty Kommissioners Meetings about Elk Konnected, LLC  and calls these post's VILE at the same meetings, who do their loyalties really belong to ?????

Another question isn't Elk Konnected, LLC  actually, only an extension of Public Squares Communities, LLC ????? Doesn't that tend to imply something about control of our county?

Do we want a different LLC, from Leoti, Wichita County, Kansas and or Kansas City involved in / or controlling our Elk County Government and School Governments?

Then there is also the issue of Community Revitalization, which is another way of saying, "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" for money, IMHO. Is that perhaps another idea of Elk Konnected, LLC, Konnected Kounty Kommissioners ? Under the guise of Econoic Development ?

That is not a rural program, really what is a community?
Do you find communities as this program relates to in towns, and cities or on county roads?

If you think something is wrong here Vote!
If you find nothing the slight's bit unethical stay home.
Of, course it's your choice. Just suggesting.
Of course, I don't really mean stay home!

Personally, I think we need private business out of local government, just like we need the Corporations out of Federal Government. Don't you?

Did we vote the private business and Corporations in office?

In my way of thinking, everything is inside out, upside down and backwards with all the twisting of words aimed mainly out of greed for "OPM" Other Peoples Money, including But not limited to "Beggar-Thy-Neighbors" Money.

Please VOTE.    Please VOTE.    Please VOTE.    Please VOTE.    Please VOTE.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk