Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Is it ADD folks?  Some of you seem totally unable to stay focused on issues of broader public concern.  Alynski training... isolate, personalize  & demonize?  How petty.  But... whatever floats your boat.

How about it Mr. ddurbin... care to step off the personal gossip soapbox and comment on the following issues of a more public nature?

How's that new 600 acre RV Park & fish hatchery down near Moline progressing?  How far is that from the Artesian well & limestone arch bridge?  Where will the trails run, or will there be bus trips into the 200 MW wind farm?  What will the admission fees be, if any?

And how's that tax rebate program for new construction coming along.?  

Speaking of leaks in the courthouse roof, have those been fixed?  How much did the county borrow for that roof & have you seen the collateral in that loan agreement?  WOW!  Our public courthouse is pledged to the bank?  No, it's OWNED by the bank.  Was there a public notice & hearing about that?  No, KR, the bank doesn't just own the roof, they own the whole enchilada.  Our commission basically sold it for the value of a loan. Now we, the taxpayers are renting it back... or so the contract says.  

And that new boiler... it's stll not installed, is it?

What's this about county employees thinking the wind farm money should fund a new ambulance/rural fire barn in Howard?  That was addresses a year or two back and was a $3.1 million project wasn't it?  Can you really afford that citizens?

Why did we cut $60,000 from the road budget for 2012.  And how is it that USD 282 enlarged their cap improvement budget to over $900,000 for the same year (and raised their mil levy)?

What was that about our appraiser & Ms Hendricks wanting to push the state to modify the land valuation formula to allow grassland values (& thereby taxes) to go up on rangeland?

The Sheriff's department wants a new truck and another deputy?  What will that cost?

That ambulance we spent over $40,000 to refurbish 'like new' last fall.... why was it in the shop last week..... again?

I hear there are new rumblings about what to do with the old Howard bank building.  You remember... that building the Devlin's own at Washington & Wabash.

I hear the windfarm money for 2011 is in.  Over 90 days late.  Did the negotiators make sure there was a late payment penalty in the PILOT Agreement?  No.  How about that Commissioner Hendricks?  Weren't you hip deep in those negotiations?  I sure hope the lease payments to landowners are coming in on time.  

Have you heard who's planning to run for the open county commissioner seats this fall?

What bullspit is that dame from Dellwasaware going to inject here about these local Elk County issues?  Maybe we should pay her a consulting fee out of public funds.  Might be worth it as Al comes with the package... and she said elsewhere he's as educated as Einstein.  We could sure use that kind of help, no?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Ha!... and there's another spelling error, but who's counting. ;) You might be surprised what Al could do for ya, but I don't think you have much to worry about, and yes, he does have as much education as Einstein had.  Not that it's a big deal. After one retires it's just wallpaper, and Einstein finally died anyway. :)
   I just think it's so funny when some fawn all over what the professional bloggers have to say on the one hand, and criticize education with the other. Those bloggers always list all their education and degrees, to add legitimacy to what they write. I guess they think folks will be impressed. Now ya wanna see something impressive, I'll show ya our wall of awards!  8)
      Advice from me? Pro Bono.
     Bullspit, never. Mares sweat sure, but bullspit is too grassy for me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ross

Well I'm an unedumacted hick but edumacted to know when someone is a "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" out to take advantage of even the poorest taxpayer. It is simply welfare for the wealthy.

Even having been raised in a very poor house hold of ten kids and a grandmother stuffed in an 800 sqft home and my father was disabled and my mother making minimum, I was taught the ethics of earning my own money. No welfare in our home at that time, just hard work and happy times. Most of us learned welfare was shameful. "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" in any form is just another form of welfare. in my opinion? And I do believe, anyone who has any morals feels the same way.

As I have said many organizations work for their money by having fund raisers from the girl scouts to some of the big ones.
The VFW even runs business to raise their funds. Some even have membershp and charge dues. Others simply stand out on the street begging politely. They generally don't beg for taxpayers money.

Elk Konnected, LLC the privately owned company doesn't appear to be able to run a business, but they seem to want to run our county business. If they want to open a daycare or babysitting service it would appear to me with all the funds they have, that were listed in this thread by the Kounty Kommissioner who is their founding member, they should be able to do it and there by putting someone else out of business. But do it with out County money or other "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" programs.

I suppose going to their meeting to provide them with a list of names that they can turn over to Public Squares Community, LLC so as to maintain their membership with them won't hurt anything. I bet they do turn their list names that you sign when you enter the so called Community Conversation for proof they had people in atttendence. So why do they hid their list of supposed donors and visionaries from us? After all Public Squares Community, LLC is way over west in Leoti, Kansas and we are right here living in Elk County so why hide from us?

Just my opinion.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 06, 2012, 01:38:06 PM
Ha!... and there's another spelling error, but who's counting. ;) You might be surprised what Al could do for ya, but I don't think you have much to worry about, and yes, he does have as much education as Einstein had.  Not that it's a big deal. After one retires it's just wallpaper, and Einstein finally died anyway. :)
   I just think it's so funny when some fawn all over what the professional bloggers have to say on the one hand, and criticize education with the other. Those bloggers always list all their education and degrees, to add legitimacy to what they write. I guess they think folks will be impressed. Now ya wanna see something impressive, I'll show ya our wall of awards!  8)
      Advice from me? Pro Bono.
     Bullspit, never. Mares sweat sure, but bullspit is too grassy for me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll tell ya what there Diane, i have two PHD's hanging in my shop out there that gave me more education than any institution of higher learning! 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

A chicken on a full scale conspiracy:

http://www.terrisfp1.com/holidays/chick.html

Diane Amberg

HA! I'll be making Golden Rod eggs tomorrow and can use nice fresh ones like that. Unfortunately a few on here are so grumpy, if they were hens they'd lay hard boiled eggs! Black ones! Happy Easter Ross! :-*

Ross

This thread to me is not personal only political. I have no hard feelings personally towards anyone.
I thought it would be nice to drop the hard boiled stuff for a day and have a little Easter Fun.
We can thank the Lord that we can have both.

Ross

I heard it through the grapevine:

The story is that the big Elk Konnected, LLC supposed Kommunity Konversation with the Circle of Chairs and Kindergarten Stars is about a young lady from here, that has a daycare in Minneola, Kansas wants to open a daycare here in Elk County.

That is just information through the grapevine.

But if it is true, why the big secret?
Why half truths?
Why lying by omission?

Will they be opening a commercial daycare?

Will they be wanting money from the County Coffers?

Will they be after the windfarm money, if it ever comes in?

Will the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC be pushing a Beggar-Thy-Neighbor program?

Will Elk Konnected County Commissioners be pushing a Beggar-Thy-Neighbor program?
I feel at least one County Commissioner won't.

If they think money grows on tree's why don't they use their own money?

Would it be because the risk's aren't worth their money?

I suppose someone needs to attnend the meeting to know the truth and what is proposed by a few people?

Unless some of the followers know the truth and would politely enlighten us.

If anyone has information but is concerned about posting it, drop me a private message and I will consider posting it.
I will not tell who sent me the private message, and that's a promise.

However, if anyone sends me a private message that is ugly towards me or this thread, I again promise to post the whole message.

I do not make promises very often, and therefore, I do not make them lightly.

Just my opinion and questions. Ignore it all if you wish to.

Ross

There must be some truth to my previous post because no followers are objecting to it.
Pretty amazing and I didn't use no visionaries or wizards.

Ross

I just read a story about Roswell, Ga.
And it made me think that perhaps they have an organization  similar to our self appointed community organizers or whatever they are calling themselves these days, You know the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC, and they probably have members involved as elected officials, you decide for yourself, okay?

I am not going to post the story just the headline and link. But please notice how they changed ordinace's to accomplish harrassment.

City of Roswell, GA, bullies Andrew Wordes to death over his backyard chickens
http://www.naturalnews.com/035524_Andrew_Wordes_Roswell_chickens.html

They include a link in the story to a timeline of events.

Think it couldn't happen here?
Just go back and read this thread and look for indications?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk