Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Flint just for the purpose of conversation, it doesn't hurt to wait and see how it plays out does it?
After all hasn't the county had a few problems with the windfarm already?
Have they recieved the initial start up money yet?
Hasn't our road man expressed problems communicating with the windfarm about road repair?
Weren't the county commissioners told that it would have to be dealt with by the windfarm's legal department?
But, still what's the hurry to spend, spend, spend?

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on April 01, 2012, 12:10:47 PM
Flint just for the purpose of conversation, it doesn't hurt to wait and see how it plays out does it?
After all hasn't the county had a few problems with the windfarm already?
Have they recieved the initial start up money yet?
Hasn't our road man expressed problems communicating with the windfarm about road repair?
Weren't the county commissioners told that it would have to be dealt with by the windfarm's legal department?
But, still what's the hurry to spend, spend, spend?

Ross, nothing you said here or previously changes the legal requirements under the PILOT agreement.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

For 2010:  Based on nameplate production of 2010 certified towers operational about $850,500 was due and payable 31 Dec 2011.  Promise by developer that the check would be cut March 2.  As of yesterday..sStill not received.  Brilliant bush lawer that negotiated the agreement made no provision for late payment or interest.  Loss to county so far @ 1% per annum is about the amount of one county commissioner's net wages per month.  If the agreement had provided for a business standard penalty of 18% the loss would be about $38,000 so far or close to the annual compensation package for the Economic Development Director/EK Youth Development Coordinator. That makes for an interesting idea or two.  If we can ever get around to understanding that public funds are not the 'property of county officers/employees.  

Could it be that at the instant the project could be secured and personal leases would ensue that somebody kinda lost focus on the county's (citizen's) interests?  Public trust?  What's that?

Read the road agreement and also no reclamation agreement (as is strongly encouraged by the state) was ever prepared.  Sounds like I got mine, y'all are on your own.  Leadership?  You decide.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

Quote from: Patriot on April 01, 2012, 12:47:06 PM
Public trust?  What's that?

I will continue to put my faith and trust in the duly elected officials of the county, and the people they have selected to carry out the county's business.  To place that faith and trust in people who see nothing but evil behind every person, cow and hedge tree that exists in Elk County would require one's brain to be devoid of all common sense.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on April 01, 2012, 01:06:28 PM
  To place that faith and trust in people who see nothing but evil behind every person, cow and hedge tree that exists in Elk County would require one's brain to be devoid of all common sense.

Notable comment.   Thomas Jefferson Put his faith and trust in the people, not the Government.  So his brain according to you must have been devoid of all common sense then.   

it was the "people" in whom Jefferson trusted as the foundation and ultimate security of self-governing institutions

John Adams wrote in 1772, "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1799, "Free government is founded in jealousy, not confidence. It is jealousy and not confidence which prescribes limited constitutions, to bind those we are obliged to trust with power.... In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in men, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

By the words of men long ago, faith in any government official is a foolish and dangerous faith.  Only a fool would trust the fox to guard the henhouse!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

flintauqua

Quote from: srkruzich on April 01, 2012, 01:23:34 PM
Notable comment.   Thomas Jefferson Put his faith and trust in the people, not the Government.  So his brain according to you must have been devoid of all common sense then.   

it was the "people" in whom Jefferson trusted as the foundation and ultimate security of self-governing institutions

John Adams wrote in 1772, "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1799, "Free government is founded in jealousy, not confidence. It is jealousy and not confidence which prescribes limited constitutions, to bind those we are obliged to trust with power.... In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in men, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

By the words of men long ago, faith in any government official is a foolish and dangerous faith.  Only a fool would trust the fox to guard the henhouse!

I'm sure glad the people of the day had faith in and placed their trust in people like Jefferson, Adams, Washington, Franklin, Madison  and all of their contemporaries that founded this great nation and created the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

If we all presume that the minute a person is elected or appointed to a governmental office or position they immediately change from the person we entrusted with that position into a person that can't be trusted to tell you the time of day, then who in their right mind is going to serve in public office.

ddurbin

Since this thread long ago became a potpourri of many sub-topics, jump back with me to the issue of the upcoming meeting regarding daycare.  There are many types of daycare:  daycare in a registered home, daycare in a licensed home, daycare by a non-profit organization such as a church, daycare in a for-profit center.  Can someone please point out to me in the meeting notice provided where it says the purpose is to discuss Elk Konnected, LLC starting a for-profit center?  I read it as being a meeting to discuss the issue of daycare in general.

For Ross, and anyone else interested,
For decades the mascot for the Moline public school was the hornet--blues hornets at that.  The locker room was fondly referred to as the Hornet's Nest.  When the school property was closed and sold to the City of Moline, they had a contest to name the entire facility and Hornet's Nest won.

Diane Amberg

Thank You. DD.  Gee, now how did lil' old "outsider" me know that? I know a lot more about things out there than I've ever been given credit for. Does it matter? No, of course not. Now back to the matter at hand.

Ross

I will continue to put my faith and trust in the duly elected officials of the county, and the people they have selected to carry out the county's business.  To place that faith and trust in people who see nothing but evil behind every person, cow and hedge tree that exists in Elk County would require one's brain to be devoid of all common sense.

Don't you mean the duly elected Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners, there is only one that appears not to be Konnected by and has the county's best interest in mind and not Elk Konnected, LLC, Can you understand that?
But of course you are a follower, right?

But again, I ask what's the hurry to spend, spend, spend?

And I still think it's a visionary statement to say, "Wait and see what unfold", I have heard and read many times in my life time that catracts are only written on paper and easily broken or misunderstood.
And it does happen frequently doesn't it? 

So again what's the rush to spend?

I can only think of for a big rush to spend would be greed, can you provide another reason?

Or perhaps the Elk Konnected Kounty Kommissioners may get voted out of office and lose control of the money?

Ross

Well, now don't you have that same faith in the Elected official of the Great State of Kansas?
And all those Elected Congressmen and Senators?
And how about the President and the Vice President of the United States Of America?
I suppose you are totally satisfied with all the new government laws passed since all them folks were duly elected.

So, Let's here three cheers for Obama and all the other duly elected offocials?
Don't you be negative and evil, now.
Let's hear an "AMEN" for all them duly elected officials.
Eac and everyone of them are looking out for your best interest, right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk