Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

My fire company is 501 ( c ) (3). I know there are non profit LLCs. Kansas doesn't allow for them? Non profit LLCs aren't common, but can allow for much more flexibility when the few "members" wear different hats, according to an article I recently found while working on a  project. Mayer & Riser PPLC, Attorneys at Law "Nonprofit LLCs, Time for a New Experiment." I found it interesting.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 28, 2012, 01:42:31 PM
...Non profit LLCs aren't common, but can allow for much more flexibility when the few "members" wear different hats...

My point, exactly.  And Lord knows we've heard plenty about wearing 'different hats' from EK & our Konnected Kommissioners in the last year.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Just as the same as Corporate America controlling just about every aspect of our Federal Government, I find it very wrong.
It should be left up to all the voters not to business. I can see a definite conflict of interest, a lack of integrity and a lack of ethics and principles in it. My opinion.

readyaimduck

Diane...as much as I would like to disagree with you, ahem....I actually think you brought up good legal points as well as Patriot.  :o
  I have followed this thread from the beginning, decided not to weigh in as I am not a taxpayer in Elk County, yest was concerned as to the methods that are being used at the local government......and I happen to see a pattern of thought:

Ross was tossed out of a meeting (albeit in a non-conflicting way) and is now questioning their methods of meetings.  Valid concern, yet questionable as to his tactics of 'drill, baby drill' of questioning.  sorry Ross  :-\
This is not what concerns me.  What concerns me is the conflict of interest within the Elk County Commisioners, and perhaps the Elk County School Board.

There seems to be 5 threads going on in this one:
1.  Elk Konnected, and it's affilliations with the community
2.  Elk Schools, refer to #1
3.  Government involvement, refer to #1
4.  Unethical or inapproprient actions of the county commisioners, refer to #1
5.  Flat out disgust at who is in office (with the exceptino of Mr. Ritz...of whom I believe will 'balls up' to the other two....and then again, he may not be re-elected if he does).   It's a catch-22.

and my opinon, just my opinion with no facts:
6. Everyone wants open and honest communication.
It's just that no one wants to tell the truth and be blasted for it, line by line and thought by thought.
No one wanst to tell the truth and be open to questionable operations, when it MAY or MAYNOT be legal.  Sometimes the leagese is so convoluted, that it gets misconstrued to the average joe. (unless you are patriot or dianne!!   :P

This open, honest communication needs to come to the commissioner's meeting, face to face with the taxpayer's as the audience.
Otherwise, this thread becomes a mental massaging of information, rights, legalaties and ethics.

No wonder no one responds!

ready now for another 3 months

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on March 28, 2012, 04:31:52 PM

There seems to be 5 threads going on in this one:
1.  Elk Konnected, and it's affilliations with the community
2.  Elk Schools, refer to #1
3.  Government involvement, refer to #1
4.  Unethical or inapproprient actions of the county commisioners, refer to #1
5.  Flat out disguest at who is in office (with the exceptino of Mr. Ritz...of whom I believe will 'balls up' to the other two....and then again, he may not be re-elected if he does).   It's a catch-22.

and my opinon, just my opinion with no facts:
6. Everyone wants open and honest communication.
It's just that no one wants to tell the truth and be blasted for it, line by line and thought by thought.
No one wanst to tell the truth and be open to questionable operations, when it MAY or MAYNOT be legal.  Sometimes the leagese is so convoluted, that it gets misconstrued to the average joe. (unless you are patriot or dianne!!   :P

Can anyone point out the common denominator?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

uh....um... Elk and governmet???????

(edited)  Elk Konnected and government

readyaimduck

Ross

Hi Ready,

Glad to hear from you.

You don't owe me a sorry, you tell it like it is, is my present opinion.

I did bring up a fact at the county commissioners meeting concerning Youth Development Employee (who was hired because Elk Konnected LLC wanted her hired and the fact that she was only doing anything if it was Elk Konnected, LLC and that she had done nothing all winter. And I asked why we needed to pay for such a position. Immediately I was told by a County Commissioner that he would defend Elk Konnected, LLC and attempted to change the subject. Someone else talked up and out of the clear blue the Youth Development Employee said that she was going to set up some movies, I odn't believe anything was planned up to that point. (I don't understand where there is any youth development in a simple movie for entertainment.) But anyway the Commissioner then made the remarl that my posts are VILE in a rather loue voice and said I should volunteer but failed to say what to volunteer for again in a rather loud voice. Nice treatment at a County Commissioners meeting, huh? I was so shocked by his attitude I was speechless. If it should happen again perhaps I have been prepared foor it.

Oh, our Youth Development Employee is on the Elk Konnected, LLC steering committee unless they have recently removed her or she quit.

Diane Amberg

Ready, I'm not sure why you wanted to be able to disagree with me, (am I that awful?  :'( ) but you certainly may because you don't call names, label people and are polite about what your disagreement is. You don't come off with a "take no prisoners'' attitude.  You are one who I think can just agree to disagree when it makes sense to do so.
Ross, is that part time YDE  just paid when there is work to do, like perhaps an hourly or contract worker? I'm just curious.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 28, 2012, 05:24:53 PM
Ross, is that part time YDE  just paid when there is work to do, like perhaps an hourly or contract worker? I'm just curious.

No.  Salary & expensive employer paid health plan.  Part of the salary is as YDE the other part is for Economic Development Director.

Total compensation package?  Somewhere north of $35-40K/year. Or, put another way, just south of the 2012 road budget cuts for 2012.  Or, put another way, a good start on the package for a county manager/administrator to help alleviate the micromanagement tendencies of our commissioners.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk