Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

It's just my opinion, okay.

But look who else is using children to manipulate adults thinking.

Monsanto has been in the news for sometime about GMO's aand insecticides and now this:

Monsanto wants to brainwash your children with 'Biotechnology Basics Activity Book'
www.naturalnews.com

GM crop systems are inherently unsustainable in every way, as they require massive amounts of chemical inputs in order to grow.

They have also been shown in numerous scientific studies to cause organ damage, digestive disorders, autoimmune diseases, reproductive problems, and various other conditions.

I'm sure it's questionable about the product, but I don't think it is questionable about using children when it comes to using farm business of this sort aimed at the children. This is for adults to decide.

My point is the use of children by business.
Is it right?
Be it national or local with lollipops or babysitting/daycare called summer day camp.
And, I question a privately owned business using County taxpayers money to advertise to children that they exist, as way to influence the adults in the county?

How about some seperation, either your doing for children or politics with the population.
Yes, make it clear what your objectives are, please?
In my personal opinion children should not be used as pawns in politics.

Still no answer to the following question, I wonder why? Is there no answer? Is there no pride?

Quote from: Ross on March 18, 2012, 06:33:57 PM
Now how about you Elk Konnected, LLC Followers can you explain to us non-followers exactly what Elk Konnected, LLC has done to improve the Quality Of Life in Elk County?

Let's hear it, 
Sing Their Praise Loud and Clear,
please.

What has Elk Konnected, LLC done for the Quality Of Life in Elk County?

Patriot

Time for Elk Konnected, LLC to fill a required block to maintain their affiliation with Public Square Communities, LLC.  That means a required 'Kommunity Konversation'.  Look for it coming to a meeting place in Moline soon... perhaps early April.  Let's talk about day-care this time.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on March 26, 2012, 07:32:00 PM
Time for Elk Konnected, LLC to fill a required block to maintain their affiliation with Public Square Communities, LLC.  That means a required 'Kommunity Konversation'.  Look for it coming to a meeting place in Moline soon... perhaps early April.  Let's talk about day-care this time.

They gotta use those children every time they get a chance don't they?
Where would they be if they didn't have children to capitallize on?
Just gotta exploit the children , right? on 160 and 9

Do you reckon, that perhaps they will build that YMCA on 160 and 90 with a daycare center children especially equipt for twins.

How about it Elk Konnected County Commissioner Hendricks, do you need day care for twins?

And, I am politely asking, not being vile ?

Will Elk Konnected, LLC  be using the windfarm money for all that?

Isn't it time for Elk Konnected, LLC to be begging for $3000.00 to pay your dues to Public Squares Communities, LLC?

You surley wouldn't want to loose your accredation now would you?

Just what is that accredation good for? Is there a fancy piece of paper that goes with it?

I mean, I know the schools have accredation from the state and why?

But, I don't understand, why does a small privately owned business need accredation from another small company like Public Squares Communities, LLC. Could you explain that for us?

Isn't that simply the way the man earns part of his living, selling accredations for $3000.00 a year?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

But really, are you going to use the children again?

Really though what has Elk Konnected, LLC done to provide superior quality of life in Elk County?

You just can seem to give an answer, can you??

It sure isn't the Community Conversations with childrens colored stars on name tags and circle of chairs, and telling people who they can or not sit with, now is it?

It's not the Beggar-Thy-Neighbor programs is it?

It's not the open, honest two way dailog, is it?

Please tell us what Elk Konnected, LLC has done to provide a superior quality of life in Elk County?

Thank you.

Ross

Isn't using children to gain political power and/or peoples trust a whole lot like,
using crime and criminals to disarm honest law abiding?

Wouldn't using children be about the same as disarming people to the real nature of what is going on?

Otherwise why exploit the children?

With lollipops and slipperslides when the the community festivals and community city councils, churches, schools etc. can take care of their own children?

Aren't both moves just wrong?

Didn't the West Elk School District say no to an attempt to exploit the children?

Why is a privately owned business spend so much time using children?

Ross

If this question can be asked of the President of the US

And the RNC was quick to put out a video, speculating what else Obama isn't telling us.

Why can't it be asked of a privately owned company, that portrays itself as a community organization with so called county conversations and such?

Anybody got a clue?

patriotdad

They are not using the children. This is a genuine problem in elk county.  Right now there is 1 certified daycare in Elk County and they are closing and moving out of town.  Can you not understand this is a major problem for working families in our county?  Elk county will not be able to attract or sustain a population of young people if there is not adequate daycare. In most young families both parents are working and more often then not one of them will work out of town.  Without daycare they can not live here.  I could careless what organization is having the meeting, where the meeting is at, who is paying for it, or how many tax dollars it cost to have it.  It is a major problem that needs attention. 

Patriot

Quote from: patriotdad on March 27, 2012, 01:01:11 PM
They are not using the children. This is a genuine problem in elk county.  Right now there is 1 certified daycare in Elk County and they are closing and moving out of town.  Can you not understand this is a major problem for working families in our county?  Elk county will not be able to attract or sustain a population of young people if there is not adequate daycare. In most young families both parents are working and more often then not one of them will work out of town.  Without daycare they can not live here.  I could careless what organization is having the meeting, where the meeting is at, who is paying for it, or how many tax dollars it cost to have it.  It is a major problem that needs attention.  

While I might agree on the need, I sternly disagree that it is a function of government to provide or pay for the care.  Perhaps someone might consider using their own resources or going to the bank with a good business plan, get a loan and start a daycare business.... wait... didn't someone do that already?  Yes, they did, and the business closed.  Need vs actual demand in the marketplace are two different things.  If the perceived need is there, but people don't use the service when it's available, then the viability of the business becomes questionable.... and government has no business being in the business.  Perhaps the fine folks at EK could lobby Enel to see if they would subsidize some daycare centers... Lord knows Enel's pockets are deep enough.

As for attracting people to Elk County, I think your belief that daycare would be a big help overlooks the reality that only a limited segment of the general population is willing to live here and work..... over there.  People generally might likely rather live nearer their work.  Maybe having some jobs here would help.  Have you considered the tourism industry?

New elementary schools, new golf courses, new houses, new wellness centers, a daycare center, and new barns won't attract new people in sufficient numbers.  Good paying jobs will.  So what might it take to get employers to come here?  Roads/infrastructure, services, reliable utilities, reasonable property tax rates?  There's the role for government & taxpayer dollars.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: patriotdad on March 27, 2012, 01:01:11 PM
They are not using the children. This is a genuine problem in elk county.  Right now there is 1 certified daycare in Elk County and they are closing and moving out of town.  Can you not understand this is a major problem for working families in our county?  Elk county will not be able to attract or sustain a population of young people if there is not adequate daycare. In most young families both parents are working and more often then not one of them will work out of town.  Without daycare they can not live here.  I could careless what organization is having the meeting, where the meeting is at, who is paying for it, or how many tax dollars it cost to have it.  It is a major problem that needs attention. 

Providing daycare is not the public's responsibility. That is the responsibility of the parent.  If you can't afford it then keep your pants on.  Simple isn't it.  IF there is a need and there is a demand to be met, then someone can meet it. IF there isn't enough demand or the people involved are not willing to pay for the services rendered at the market price then it won't be there.  Simple economics.  But in no shape form or fashion should any tax dollar go to pay for folks daycare expenses. Thats just beyond ridiculous.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on March 27, 2012, 01:46:45 PM

While I might agree on the need, I sternly disagree that it is a function of government to provide or pay for the care.  Perhaps someone might consider using their own resources or going to the bank with a good business plan, get a loan and start a daycare business.... wait... didn't someone do that already?  Yes, they did, and the business closed.  Need vs actual demand in the marketplace are two different things.  If the perceived need is there, but people don't use the service when it's available, then the viability of the business becomes questionable.... and government has no business being in the business.  Perhaps the fine folks at EK could lobby Enel to see if they would subsidize some daycare centers... Lord knows Elel's pockets are deep enough.

As for attracting people to Elk County, I think your belief that daycare would be a big help overlooks the reality that only a limited segment of the general population is willing to live here and work..... over there.  People generally might likely rather live nearer their work.  Maybe having some jobs here would help.  Have you considered the tourism industry?

New elementary schools, new golf courses, new houses, new wellness centers, a daycare center, and new barns won't attract new people in sufficient numbers.  Good paying jobs will.  So what might it take to get employers to come here?  Roads/infrastructure, services, reliable utilities, reasonable property tax rates?  There's the role for government & taxpayer dollars.

IF i were to have kids today i would most likely live in a town that had enough services to meet my needs as a parent and a town large enough to sustain itself.  I would probably live outside of the town within 15 min of town.  There is no future for kids in towns that are too small to provide jobs. Hell has anyone been down rock road lately?  can't even go down it cause the county can't maintain it.  IF they can't even maintain the roads how can they support and maintain a daycare.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

patriotdad

I agree with a lot of what you are guys are saying.  I don't believe that the county should pay for people's childcare, but if they can help establish a daycare then I'm all for it.  The daycare that is closing is not closing for lack of demand.  The demand is there but there just hasn't been anyone come forward  to open or run a daycare. 

The "thought" that if you had kids you wouldn't live here, you would live in a bigger town is exactly why we need a daycare.  If there is someone thinking about moving to our area or back to our area and their is not a viable daycare or school then they will look elsewhere. Even to sustain the young families with children daycare and schools are vital.  A parent/family is more likely to drive to work and live here if they know their kids are being well taken care of.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk