Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on March 15, 2012, 06:55:02 PM
The forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County that I have often referred to in the past are those who have a vision of what they want the future of the county to be and have the positive energy and tenacity to work towards that vision, failing to be influenced by the always negative, closed-minded naysayers who have no vision and present no ideas of their own.ary friends

And they remain invisible, unknow, nameless. So they must be imaginary, right?

And I suppose your calling us (non-imaginary people that are out here communicating) names proves something?

In my opinion that is just blantant, arrogant ignorance and is unbecoming, don't you think?

After all I tell people to think for themselves and to ignore anything I post here and that it is just my opinion.

I don't make any radical claims to having a bunch of invisible visionaries or wizards or magicians or invisible or imaginiary people or any other type of thing of that nature, now do I?

And I guess I am suppose to really believe in these invisible forward-thinking, open-minded people that are full of positive energy and tenacity to work towards an unexplained vision? Right?

Don't they just want to control our government? And control the windfall from the windfarm?

flintauqua

Ross, the post that you claim disappeared was written by Diane and it is still here, reply #3569.

And the forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County are all around you Ross.  You pass them on the roads, you meet them on the sidewalk, you sit next to them in the cafes, you spend money in their businesses.  They are employers and employees, students and retirees, baby-boomers and Gen X'ers, etc.  In short, the vast majority of Elk Countians.  

The fact that they may not be as vocal (in person & in cyberspace) as you and Patriot are on this thread does not mean they are invisible or imaginary, and nearly all of them do not claim to be wizards or magicians.  
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on March 15, 2012, 08:35:44 PM
Ross, the post that you claim disappeared was written by Diane and it is still here, reply #3569.

And the forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County are all around you Ross.  You pass them on the roads, you meet them on the sidewalk, you sit next to them in the cafes, you spend money in their businesses.  They are employers and employees, students and retirees, baby-boomers and Gen X'ers, etc.  In short, the vast majority of Elk Countians.  

The fact that they may not be as vocal (in person & in cyberspace) as you and Patriot are on this thread does not mean they are invisible or imaginary, and nearly all of them do not claim to be wizards or magicians.  

Thanks for telling me where the post went, I'll check it out. Thanks again.

They are invisible or non-existant, because we don't hear or actually see them and their magnificent plan to save Elk County do we?
It must be a secret society then, right?
Do they have a secret hand shake, a secret wink?
Are they hiding because they are afraid they may fail?
Is it a plan for Elk County or a selfish plan for themselves?

None of what you say make any sense. Please enlighten all of us naysayers as you call us, turn us around to the wonder of it all. If that is at all possible, with some true facts.

Ross

Quote from: evanstrail on March 15, 2012, 05:11:02 PM
Just another example of the hypocrisy shown throughout the postings of these two individuals and their very small handful of actual followers.

I'm sorry evanstrail that you have some kind of delusion that I have any followers?
I only speak for myself, I have no followers.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

Is that what it takes in your life, you have to be a follower?
Is that why you are an Elk konnected follower?
Do you really have to belong to a group?
You have my sincerest sympathies.

Ross

Quote from: evanstrail on March 15, 2012, 05:11:02 PM
Just another example of the hypocrisy shown throughout the postings of these two individuals and their very small handful of actual followers.

I'm sorry evanstrail that you have some kind of delusion that I have any followers?
I only speak for myself, I have no followers.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble.

Is that what it takes in your life, you have to be a follower?
Is that why you are an Elk konnected follower?
Do you really have to belong to a group?

So it appears you are the only ones with a few followers or are the few followers, I ain't sure which.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on March 15, 2012, 08:52:02 PM
None of what you say make any sense. Please enlighten all of us naysayers as you call us, turn us around to the wonder of it all. If that is at all possible, with some true facts.

Ross, you wouldn't recognize a fact if it hit you upside the head, as has repeatedly been made blatantly obvious by your reponses to and/or total disregard of facts previously presented by me and others on this thread and elsewhere on this Forum.

And since you posted some more of your gadflyish comments while I was typing . . .

I am reminded of an old saying.  "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

Since you claim to have no followers, then I guess you're not a leader.  And since you've repeatedly chastised people for being followers, then I presume you are not a follower either.  

So, I guess that means that you must be someone who needs to get out of the way.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 15, 2012, 06:09:42 PM
...There are some who deeply resent being called "sheeple," because they do think for themselves,...

If the shoe doesn't fit someone, then they shouldn't wear it.  It wasn't made for them

and others who don't care for the attitude that if they don't all lock step with a certain way of thinking  they are stupid.

I think I can relate to that.  As this thread proves, I'm not one to fall into lockstep with some of the so called 'forward thinking' potentates addressed in this thread and I don't much care for the attitude expressed by those of you who have said or inferred that I'm stupid, inadequate, uncaring or unseeing because of my unwillingness to accept the dictates of a powerful few. 

Perhaps I'll contact your three commissioners myself and see what they have in mind for that money that would benefit all.

I do hope you will share your findings as two of our commissioners are quite non-specific when asked directly by the voters in public venues.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on March 15, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
Ross, you wouldn't recognize a fact if it hit you upside the head...gadflyish...get out of the way.

Must be really frustrating for a liberal leaning 'forward thinker' like yourself to be faced with independent conservatives who believe in well managed, transparent  government and support individualism and liberty but will not cower & go away every time you yell "Boo!", or toss out personally directed pejoratives.

Oh well, c'est la vie.  Welcome to the new conservatism, Mr. D.   ;D

Patriot

Wait.... I thought I just heard crosstimber.  Naaah, must have been a ghost from Christmas past, or another victim of MPD.

flintauqua

Quote from: Patriot on March 15, 2012, 09:38:54 PM
Must be really frustrating for a liberal leaning 'forward thinker' like yourself to be faced with independent conservatives who believe in well managed, transparent  government and support individualism and liberty but will not cower & go away every time you yell "Boo!", or toss out personally directed pejoratives.

Oh well, c'est la vie.  Welcome to the new conservatism, Mr. D.   ;D

That is the biggest problem in political discourse today.  The reactionary right has hijacked the term conservative, because the term reactionary just didn't suit their cause.  

Reactionary is to the right of the status quo line, meaning being in favor of regressive or backward-looking action.  Conservative is just to the left of the status quo line, and is still in the realm of progressive, or forward-thinking action.

I have always been and will continue to be a moderate conservative, even if the reactionary right wants to call me a liberal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk