Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Oh wow. I could have bet money on that answer and I'd have won. :angel:  Duck and cover! If I didn't know better I'd have sworn you were a lawyer stating the obvious.. and so humble too. Don't get excited. I'm just exercising my free speech and funnin' with ya. 8)

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 15, 2012, 04:13:12 PM
Oh wow. I could have bet money on that answer and I'd have won. :angel:  Duck and cover! If I didn't know better I'd have sworn you were a lawyer stating the obvious.. and so humble too. Don't get excited. I'm just exercising my free speech and funnin' with ya. 8)

No problem.  Though I wouldn't describe the response as duck and cover.  The offer to message me about my opinions on PILOT money use was right there for all to see.  Now, you just be sure to bring your Kansas issued photo ID when you come to vote in the next Elk County election, OK?  .... Oh, wait!  You don't vote here, do you?  Oh well.....  :)
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: ddurbin on March 15, 2012, 01:45:14 PM
To Ross and Patriot:
Since you two are clearly the two most outspoken parties on this thread, I have a few simple questions for both of you.  How would you propose the PILOT money be spent?  What would be your top 5 priorities, in order?  Since you're convinced that the commissioners closely read and follow this thread, why not use it to let them know what you would like them to do with the money.  We've heard a great deal about all the ways you think they shouldn't spend it, so what are your positive suggestions?  Just asking.

My suggestion wouldn't fly, but here it is.
Put the money aside until after elections.
Let it draw interest and be patient and move cautiously.
Have plenty of actual and real open meeting to talk with the real community of Elk County.

Why?
Board.
Perhaps after the elections we won't have an Elk Konnected, LLC Majority Controlled County Commissioners Board.

Let's put some real thought into versus a few imaginary visionary's of some privately owned company.

You asked. That's my suggestion and my opinion?

Thank you for asking.

evanstrail

I love how both Patriot and Ross totally avoided the question. 

Can't give any alternative ideas in public because then people might be able to attack their ideas just as they have attacked any and everything that the forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County have tried or would like to try to create actual positive change to the Elk County economic situation.

Just another example of the hypocrisy shown throughout the postings of these two individuals and their very small handful of actual followers.

Patriot

Quote from: evanstrail on March 15, 2012, 05:11:02 PM

Just another example of the hypocrisy shown throughout the postings of these two individuals and their very small handful of actual followers.

Speaking of hypocrisy.  You complain that we attack and then you attack.  But you attack us personally, while we confront local government.  Very left wing of you.  And who are these 'forward thinkers' you keep mentioning?  You?  Your family?

We don't really see you standing up for the rights & needs of the citizenry at large.  We only see you defending the non-producing plans of the few and trying to maintain the status quo.  Heck, just drive our roads, study the county budget and read the last census to see what your forward thinkers have produced over the last 10 years.  Come to think of it, we haven't heard your plans either.

As for my views in public... get off your couch and regularly attend the county commission meetings.  I do.  If you ever choose to do so, be sure to introduce yourself.  Most there have no doubt who I am.... or what I stand for.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Can't give any alternative ideas in public because then people might be able to attack their ideas just as they have attacked any and everything that the forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County have tried or would like to try to create actual positive change to the Elk County economic situation.

Since it appears that you failed to read my response, here it is again quoted from just above your post.
I hope that helps you out.

Diane Amberg

Hey, Patriot. I don't vote there, but you'd be surprised how many votes I could influence if I put my mind to it. I know a right good many folks who have nothing to do with the forum, but will most likely be voting.
 There are some who deeply resent being called "sheeple," because they do think for themselves, and others who don't care for the attitude that if they don't all lock step with a certain way of thinking  they are stupid.
"Different" is some times just a matter of free thinking and looking at things from a different direction.
  I have no interest in messing around with it, but don't ever sell me short. :-* Ha!
Perhaps I'll contact your three commissioners myself and see what they have in mind for that money that would benefit all.
   Do you think the little towns would ever agree on anything? What about the rural people?

Ross

There is that very vague remark again, "forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County".
Apparently they don't exist, they don't have names,  why? Because they don't exist, just like the visionaries, right?

Or as an Elk Konnected, LLC follower is that who ypu are referring to?
The privately owned company thar says they have no members or Board of Directors. Yet, thy have a Steering Committtee.
And it's purpose I feel is identical toa Board of Directors.

And you know, I just read a pretty good definition of a Board of Directors which I feel pretty much explains the same purpose of a Steering Committee. Check it out. I don't take any credit for this quote.

"A board of directors is a body of elected or appointed members who oversee the activities of a company or organization. In most cases it can require very little involvement in the day-to-day functioning of the governed entity, but it is typically always staffed with individuals vested in the best interest of the company or organization."

The only differenc appears that the Steering Committee is self appointed and is shrinking. But still beg for money from the county and are approved by the Elk Konnected County Commissioners.

Are these the "forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County" you are talking about?
The people with the imaginary Elk konnected Community?
Rhe people with lots of visionaries that have failed in so many things, are those the ones you are referring to?

Enlighten us please.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on March 15, 2012, 06:22:14 PM

Are these the "forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County" you are talking about?

The forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County that I have often referred to in the past are those who have a vision of what they want the future of the county to be and have the positive energy and tenacity to work towards that vision, failing to be influenced by the always negative, closed-minded naysayers who have no vision and present no ideas of their own.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on March 15, 2012, 06:55:02 PM
The forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County that I am referring to are those who have a vision of what they want the future of the county to be and have the positive energy and tenacity to work towards that vision, failing to be influenced by the always negative, closed-minded naysayers who have no vision and present no ideas of their own.

I gotta ask, what happened to that post about influencing all those people's vote's even though you don't live here?
It also referred to sheeple's.
Why was it deleted?
Or can you point me to it?
Was that you or evanstrail that made that remark?
And now it's gone, weird.

But I think I understand why it disappeared, because you foresaw this coming, Right?

What are sheeple's? In my opinion they are people that have their thinking influenced by the likes of you. This is for who ever made the remark. They will vote as you tell them to vote instead of assessing the situation for themselves and making up their own mind's. So bring out your sheeples, it did not work with the school bond issue did it? There were not enough of your sheeples for that one was there?

Are those "forward-thinking, open-minded people of Elk County" you so often speak of the same people you were referring to, that are easily influenced by you? Your sheeples?

To me there seems to be a fervor for ever more tax cuts for the wealthy, paid for on the backs of the taxpayer.

I have long felt the purpose of an organization, it is to create a mutually beneficial relationship between itself and those that it serves. But if it serves no one, but itself as a privately owned business, an LLC, that perhaps it should stay out of the local governments, i.e. School Board and County Commissioners. The School Board and the County Commissioners are the people whose job is to serve all the people of the county, not a private organization.The School Board is should be more interested in serving the children of the county by providing the very best education possible, not the best Taj Mahal possible.

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be King/And a King ain't satisfied till he RULES everything," Bruce Springsteen 1970's.
Not me, I am comfortably poor and happy.

I sincerely believe, that privately owned institutions that involve themselves in government are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending taxpayers money to be paid by prosperity, under the name of funding, is but swindling taxpayers.

From the small high school coach to the Vatican, plenty of so called leaders and highly respected members of the community overstep their boundaries, and show a lack of ethics. That goes for so called  "forward-thinking, open-minded people" working behind closed doors.rol of the money

by the way once again I did make a suggestion that you FAIL to recognize.
Once again I will repeat myself for your benefit.

Let the money sit in the bank drawing interest until after elections and then perhaps we won't have an Elk Konnected County Commissioners Board which appears to lack the ethics not to vote on their own requests as requested through Elk Konnected, LLC. That's as I see ti, but I'm sure you don't as a Follower, right?

But the few of you Elk Konnected Followers don't like that idea do you?
You afraid you would lose control of the money, right?

If not say you are willing to let the money draw some interest for awhile, until after election of the County Commissioners Board and they are installed?

Can you make that statement and commitment?

Or is that perhaps why Elk Konnected, LLC came about?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk