Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Thanks Janet and Julie! My memory is either faulty or it just happened to be that the drug store was closed. I don't remember if it was a Saturday afternoon or not. It's all starting to run together with several other trips we made a couple of years before. I remember on one trip, I thought it was that one, we had to go somewhere else to find a drug store. Was there a period of time when it was closed somewhere in that time frame? Trying to keep up the places to eat was the hard part! Was poplar Pizza there then? (1995)

redcliffsw

Why is government in the eceonomic development busineess?  Makes no sense whatsoever - at least in this country
if government was doing what it ought to be.  Our liberty is more important than government helping businesses,
whether the business is successful or not.  Someone will fill the need without the government.

Recently, there were comments against the government providing free cell phones to people.  There ought to be just
as many, or more commets against the economic development providing free stuff to someone forming a business.

Do we want a free country or do we prefer to have another new government supported business in Howard, Kansas?

Diane Amberg

Red, you have the freedom to not use any of those services.

redcliffsw

Diane, you are stealing the liberty of Americans by and thru the government to provide those services.

Stand for the founding fathers.  Think Liberty!  Not European!

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 11, 2012, 05:33:41 PM

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 11, 2012, 05:33:41 PM
Diane, I fear you miss his point?
He asked why should we pay for it.
Who are we?
The taxpayer, that's who?
Especially here where we have the highest taxes in Kansas.
We are number one on that list.

But besides that it is usually the wealthiest that are there with their hands out?
Wanting the poorest to pay their way?

What Red said was easily understood.

I must ask what 1995 has to do with today and the political situation today?
This situation is not taking place in 1995. It is a different age and time.

Elk Konnected, LLC did not exist and they did not have people on the County Commissioners Board, did they?

readyaimduck

Economic Development was originally started in theory by Harry S Truman.
"Economic development generally refers to the sustained, concerted actions of policymakers and communities that promote the standard of living and economic health of a specific area. Such actions can involve multiple areas including development of human capital, critical infrastructure, regional competitiveness, environmental sustainability, social inclusion, health, safety, literacy, and other initiatives. "
( refer to Google.com   it is your friend and sometimes disingeneous, take with a grain of salt...just like forums)

That being said, I am not so sure that your county is not jumping on the bandwagon of free monies from the Gov. 
And, this is a BIG IF:  one can prove that, then you have just hired a Master Chef instead of having your friends host a dinner.
(Not the best analogy).

The comissioners may have a say in the monetary request/decisions of the ED, however I see there may be  a conflict of interest not in the request of said monies, however in the appropriations of monies by two of the ED's supporters. 
    If what Ross states is true, and just not computer trolling...then one may need to look past the 'good ole boy'/status quo humdrum of business and request that the ED not be affiliated with Elk Konnected in any way. 
   She may not be able to do her job of which she was paid to do by the County, without  the interference of EK 
Ie:  (here's $1000 to help our county, just make sure it's stays in Howard!)

That is what Ross et al are claiming.

I can understand that, knowing our SE Kansas shennanigans, however Ross....you had better ask for more clarification from those involved.....oh wait....
   they don't want to talk openly......<<<<palm face!>>>>

ready to re-elect

Ross

Hi Ready,

Good to hear from youya chillin like the rest of us? LOL

By the way,I stood corrected by Patriot about the Howard remark.

Seems there is more to it then I know about.

I do make errors.

If economic development is ran by our county government as it is, I don't see where they have any right to keep secrets from us as to who and what projects they are authorizing. If the County Commissioners are infact authorizing secret business in our name's The names being each and every taxpayer that pays their salaries.

Take care Ready.

Diane Amberg

Ross, I was just poking fun ,but seriously, do some of us who have bigger incomes and pay more in taxes get to use more or better  services? Does it really need to come to that?
When I use a toll road, we all pay the same amount in the same sized vehicle. Who paid what in taxes doesn't matter, plus I have the option of using some other road and not paying the toll at all.
   One of the things that is being bantered around politically is the elimination of taxes as we know them and making everything based on user fees instead. For some that would be a joy, for others a royal pain in the neck. Pay to go to the park and hope enough users go to keep it up. Everything would be private. Will I have to pay a fee to drive into another state? How about the "Virginia state access fee"...gets me nothing but permission to enter. Everything else costs money.
All roads would have tolls...don't use it, don't pay.
  No kids in school? No school tax! Very expensive user fees only. Every school could charge whatever they want. Poor families...poor schools, if at all. Out of work? Too bad. Hope your church will take care of you!
Sometimes we better be careful what we wish for!

readyaimduck

And therein lies our delimma (or Elk County):

All of them are paying for something and getting what?....no infrastructure upgrade; a couple of movies for a few kids; some other questionable proprieties....2 work out like the store, and 10 are just a party for some.

This is not across the board, Dianne.  This is subjectably aimed at a select.   See the difference?
And yet, ALL are paying.

ready

readyaimduck

Yes Ross, am chillin out!   lol
Off to bed, so y'all play nice now!

ready....and out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk