Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbuckle

According to Andrea Arbuckle, "If it wasn't for EK, there wouldn't be an event happening. WE are the ones doing it." Longton has had a Free Fair for years. Moline has had Crazy Days for years. Grenola has had Oktoberfest for years. Howard's had the Elk River Festival for years. Does EK get to take credit for EVERYTHING? Credit was even tried to be taken for the Community Cleanup Days that EK "sponsored"...one of which is an annual event for the school kids in Longton. I am glad they are not taking credit for that now and have given credit to "taking from what Longton does."

Obviously this is my first time posting so I have no idea how you quote a previous post.  I just copied and pasted it so you'd know what I was referring to - this was posted by kshillbillys.  It is easy for all of you to take part of what we say and twist it to fit your needs.  If you are going to quote me, please feel free to provide all info instead of just a small bit of my answer to the question.  For those of you who weren't at the meeting and would like to hear the rest of that interaction between myself and Robin Rivers.  She wondered why EK was listed as a sponsor of events that were funded otherwise, ie Parks and Rec funds.  I explained that EK was a sponsor for putting the planning and man hours into set up and securing funding for the event.  In those specific instances the event likely wouldn't have happened if EK hadn't brought it about.  For instance did we have Outdoor movies before EK, did we have rock walls at crazy days, water slides at either fair, mechanical bull at Grenola Octoberfest?  No we didn't.  Were other groups capable of doing the same thing we did - absolutely!!  In which case, I'm sure they would have "sponsored" it.  This is much like Howard Chamber sponsoring Ek River fest, Moline Chamber sponsoring Crazy Days, Grenola Community club sponsoring Octoberfest, etc.  Those groups all seek outside funding to put the event on, similar to EK process.  I didn't cover clean up days, but Julie said we modeled the West Elk service learning day after the Elk Valley Service learning day because it was successful.  We like to build on what is already working in our communities!   

Ross

Quote from: L Hendricks on October 06, 2011, 07:37:43 PM
1) One of the reasons I have not read or posted on the forum personally is because of the amount of time and energy it takes to read the post and then post honest facts.  Plus it seems that facts keep getting repeated, but they aren't the answers people are wanting.
What facts? Do you expect me and everyone out hear to believe you have not read this thread?
How would you know that the facts keep getting repeated if you haven't read it?

2) I agree with Frank Winn - I wonder when people google "Elk Co" and they come across the Forum - does it entice them to move here or scare them away?
Probably not either way? There are conflicts going on around the coutry. Haven't you kept up with current events?

3) Ross & Patriot - you have both been at public meetings and yet you will not have a one on one conversation with me and ask these questions to my face and allow us to have civil dialogue .... why not?

To be frankly truthful with you, I don't trust you. How is that for and quoting David Whetstone at last night's meeting, "Open and Honest Dialog"?

We have been asking you these questions right here. What is your problem with that?
Are your so called Community Conversations one on one, face to face? NO!
In fact you use a professionally trained Facilitator from outside the county to control every facet of your so called Community Conversations. This forum right here is the closest you have been to a Community Conversation since you have came about. Your facilitator from Leoti, Kansas and your employer if I am correct even called for the Sheriff for my even trying to have a real conversation with Elk Konnected. The man told me he would talk with me outside and I said, I thought it was a Community Conversation and stated politely that I wanted to speak with him in front of the community.  So at that point he called for the Sheriff. So, I politely left. The sheriff deputies met me at the door and I told them everything was cool and that I was leaving. They were very polite and I thanked them for that. So, I didn't appreciate the misrepresentation and the Gestapo tactics. It's your game and you can play it anyway you want. And you proved it that night.

Questions - with my attempt to answer.

A) Why should a privately owned company have access to County Funds to promote themselves?Elk Konnected is one of several organization that has used money from the Parks and Recreation fund which is not a property tax, but a liquor tax and come from the sale of liquor at private club (of which Elk County has one - Flint Oak) Over the past 6 years, money has been paid to City of Howard - Fireworks, City of Longton - Fireworks and Park improvement, Elk Co 4-H - Firework, Elk Co Rodeo assn - Firework, Howard Chamber of Commerce - Jackson Park, Elk Co Junior Jam - Basketball equipment, Longton Summer Ball - Ball equipment, Grenola Comm. Building - Improvements, Howard Ball Club - Ball Equipment and Elk Konnected.

You mentioned community organizations, which is what I would assume the County Recreation Fund is for. And I am glad that is understood. But you also mentioned your own company.
It is Elk Konnected, LLC --- is it not?
LLC stands for Limited Liability COMPANY doesn't it?
It matters not where the money comes from, it is tax money and it is in the County's coffers and the responsibility of Elk County Commissioners. It is not the responsibility of Elk Konnected, LLC's is it?
You never mentioned one, not one single privately owned business or LLC in all that statement except Elk Konnected, LLC.
Correct me if I am wrong.

B) Do you not recognize advertising?  This concern was aired last night and the steering committee heard it.  I now see why there is a perception issue and I will try to have that addressed at our next steering committee meeting.
I don't see no perception issue. When you put up a sign that says Elk Konnected, LLC by anything you are advertising for your company. Simple!

C)As County Commissioner will you permit other privately owned company's and business' access to the same funds? None of the money requested from the Parks & Rec fund has gone to Elk Konnected LLC.  According to the records supplied to me by the County Treasurer as of 6.23.11, the Parks fund reimbursed Richard Fish for the purchase of outdoor movie equipment and David Whetstone for the purchase of soccer equipment & pitch hit and Run equipment or ECCEF for soccer equipment. Again the way the statue is written moneys in Parks & Recreation special funds shall be under the direction and control of the board of county commissioners. Moneys in the special parks and recreation fund may be expended only for the purchase, establishment, maintenance or expansion of park and recreational services, programs and facilities.

Remember our conversation at the County Commissioners Meeting and you denied using taxpayers money.
And I said wait a minute wasn't that Elk Konnected Youth Services that spoke too the Commission just before me and asking for money? Remember that? I bet you don't want to remember that? Even though I pointed that out you still denied using taxpayers money. And you were speaking as Elk Konnected instead of Commissioner. You even made mention that you wear so many hats it is difficult to keep them straight.

D)Why did you as County Commissioner write a letter to Elk Konnected, LLC praising yourself?The letter you are referring to was written to Elk Konnected and printed in the Kansas Country Living.  I was paid by Public Square Communities to write that letter.  I think it is important to recognize the progress that has been made to date.

So you got paid by your Employer Public Squares Communities, LLC  which is also the company that Elk Konnected, LLC pays, to write the letter as Elk County Commissioner about Elk Konnected, LLC which you founded to praise it, is that right? Very interesting! What progress has Elk konnected, LLC made? Please be specific.
People please re-read this.

E)As County Commissioner you represent me and every citizen in Elk County, right?

I do, however I am elected from District 2 of Elk County.

D)Have you received consent from the citizens of Elk County to represent them with praising Elk Konnected, LLC or using our  County to represent that other private company Public Squares Communities, LLC ----- your other employer?
It matters not what District you were elected for, you now represent all of Elk County. Remember you call yourself Elk County Commissioner, not Elk County Commissioner for District 2.

I don't see where I have to get the consent of the citizens.  Are you saying every time I am asked to speak or write about Elk Konnected, the county, my real estate job, my husband and my business - I need to get the permission of the Elk County voters - how do I go about doing that - holding an election at the taxpayer's cost - really?
No, it just a matter of ethics as to how the title bestowed upon you is used in representing the people of Elk County. When I was a Federal Employee I had the same ethics to pay attention to, as how I used my title. Titles are not given lightly and should not be taken lightly and used indiscriminately in my opinion. Because the citizens of Elk County are your employeer, are they not?

E) You are Elk Konnected aren't you? You have claimed to be the founding member, haven't you?  

I have been on the steering committee since 2007.  Yes I was one of the founding members.  I am not Elk Konnected - I am a member of the steering committee.
The previous statements by Elk Konnected, LLC was that a person may only serve for two years, last night you informed us that it is now limited to three years. Let's see 2007 minus 2011 equals 4 years, huh?
It sounds to me like you are Elk Konnected, LLC.

D)Aren't you also the founder of ECCEF?  

I was asked to serve on ECCEF from its conception.  Have not served on its board since I believe May or June 2005.

E)And will you tell me that you see no conflit of interest in any of this?

No I do not.  I am on Elk Konnected Steering committee and have not been on ECCEF since 2005.  Elk Konnected did not start using ECCEF until 2007.
Let's me understand, you have been on the Elk Konnected, LLC for four years, exceeding the three year limit provided by Elk Konnected,LLC,  Elk Konnected, LLC uses ECCEF to collect donations for Elk Konnected, LLC  and ECCEF also does the banking for Elk Konnected, LLC but you have no connection with ECCEF? That is really strange and I don't quite comprehend that? Would you explain please?

F) In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

What other questions do you have regarding Elk Konnected LLC

G) Why did Elk Konnected, LLC fail at it's only attempt of running it's business, the Wellness Center?  One of the original goals of Elk Konnected in 2007 that came from the citizens of Elk County and Severy area was "Community Wellness: create the infrastructure for a community wellness and enrichment network".  The Wellness team tried it and due to lack of membership closed the doors.  However a family in Howard have since purchased the equipment and are dedicated to keeping the wellness center open.  So is this a failure or did we pass it on to private industry?

Who in Elk County or Severy wanted an exercise center in Howard?
I believe there would be much more to a wellness center than just exercise equipment, do you think?
Elk Konnected, LLC closed the door, it failed running the business simple, huh? The fact that someone else may re-open it does not make it anything different about Elk Konnected, LLC's failure to run it, does it?s of
The word on the street Elk County is that Dr. Black and his wife bought the building ad are planning to re-open it. And I wish them good luck with it.

H) If Elk Konnected, LLC can't run a business how can they possibly save Elk County from it's self?  The five original goals of Elk Konnected in 2007 were more about quality of life.  These goals came about through interviewing 58 civic minded individuals from all four sectors (Business, Education, Human Services, and Government), it came from 140 surveys, then that information was presented at an open community conversation.  126 people chose to spend two hours talking about the future of their community, then they nominated 51 "visionaries" to develop their goals and vision.  These 51 visionaries took the information from the community conversation and sifted it down to 5 goals and our vision.  At that time, lower taxes, job development, smaller government were not the forefront of what people wanted for our community.  We never intended to be in business.  It would have been nice if the wellness center could have been self sustaining.  However the committee also decided not to ask for more donations to keep it running.

Isn't Elk Konnected, LLC's goals basically set up by Public Squares Communities, it appears so from reading their web site?

Numbers of people, that have no names, that can not be proven, that's all we hear from Elk Konnected, LLC.
Suggestions from people, that have no names, that can not be proven, that's all we hear form Elk Konnected, LLC.
51 visionaries, I am so really impressed by that statement only the visionaries have no names, how in the world are we suppose to believe that? Isn't this a cloak of anonymity?
140 surveys, again very impressive statement and no proof, no names, how in the world are we suppose to believe that? Isn't this a cloak of anonymity?
You forgot to include the approval of the Howard Chamber of Commerce in starting Elk Konnected,LLC, that is what one of Elk Konnected, LLC followers on this forum said took place. Is that true?

One of your followers came up with this statement, only I revised it slightly, I hope you appreciate it.
" There are always individuals or very, very small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome with no names to support the data.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why ? "

Now this is a seperate statement/question.
Have we become an Infantile Society, eager only to be coddled, burped and entertained, with noise masquerading as music, and nicks and bruises as deep cuts and real wounds and lollipops as good deeds and to believe everything someone says to us ??

Thanks people for reading and listening to my opinion. please form your own opinions. It is important that you do.

kshillbillys

Quote from: kshillbillys on October 06, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
According to Andrea Arbuckle, "If it wasn't for EK, there wouldn't be an event happening. WE are the ones doing it." Longton has had a Free Fair for years. Moline has had Crazy Days for years. Grenola has had Oktoberfest for years. Howard's had the Elk River Festival for years. Does EK get to take credit for EVERYTHING? Credit was even tried to be taken for the Community Cleanup Days that EK "sponsored"...one of which is an annual event for the school kids in Longton. I am glad they are not taking credit for that now and have given credit to "taking from what Longton does." Instead of grant money being given to EK for various events throughout the county, how about the grant money is just given to EACH CITY so EACH CITY can decide what to do to make their event more joyful? Then there would be NO NEED for EK and nothing for all of us to gripe about!

Arbuckle--My point to that whole section of the Konversation is in bold above. Instead of the COUNTY giving ELK KONNECTED MONEY to "SPONSOR" these EVENTS, WHY CAN'T ELK COUNTY GIVE THE MONEY TO EACH CITY TO BE ABLE TO DO WITH AS THEY WISH FOR THEIR EVENT AND COMPLETELY BYPASS ELK KONNECTED? Then there's no little group of people taking credit where credit isn't due! I know you are all just "ignorant volunteers" but really each CITY can work with the COUNTY for their own EVENTS!---Jennifer Walker
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

Right on Jennifer. Then each community can keep it's individuality.

L Hendricks

You will have to excuse me, I have not taken the time to figure out how to use the quote technology....

To Mr & Mrs. Walker
A)It was stated last night by Julie Englebrecht that Elk Konnected DID NOT sponsor the Lawrence Arts Event; This statement was made after Liz Hendricks corrected her that EK DID NOT sponsor it. According to EK's Facebook Page: Elk Konnected  Students that are wanting to attend the Summer Art Program at the Lawrence Art Center please return the registration form to Jennifer Brummel as soon as possible. If you are unable to get it in by tomorrow please call Jennifer at 620-205-8514.---If Elk Konnected DID NOT sponsor this event, WHY is it on ELK KONNECTED'S FACEBOOK PAGE? What else are they taking credit for that they DID NOT do? And why is it that one of EK's most prominent starter members is the person who was at the school handing out the permission slips?

Elk Konnected was not a part of the Lawrence Summer art program. I personally was contacted by TradeWind Energy and the Lawrence Art Center (LAC) about coordinating a summer art program for the youth of Elk County and any that attend a school within Elk County.  I did so on my personally time.  I went to Elk Valley & West Elk and talked to all 6th-11th graders last spring and handed out information and asked for those interested to fill out a form.  I personally made all the copies and then mailed out final registration forms at my cost to over 100 kids.  It was okayed with both Liebau and Ritz to use Jennifer as the contact point.  She did put an announcement on Elk Konnected's facebook page to let any other kids know about the program - IT WAS NOT ADVERTIZED AS AN ELK KONNECTED event.  I took two days and went with a bus load of kids and Jennifer went one day.  We also utilized the LAC teachers to teach at the Day Camp this summer.

ROSS
A)What facts? Do you expect me and everyone out hear to believe you have not read this thread?

I have only read from page 308 on... nor do I care to go back before that.  A forum user emailed the steering committee a list of the main questions from the forum.

From Ross
B) To be frankly truthful with you, I don't trust you. How is that for and quoting David Whetstone at last night's meeting, "Open and Honest Dialog"?

We have been asking you these questions right here. What is your problem with that?
In fact you use a professionally trained Facilitator from outside the county to control every facet of your so called Community Conversations. This forum right here is the closest you have been to a Community Conversation since you have came about. Your facilitator from Leoti, Kansas and your employer if I am correct even called for the Sheriff for my even trying to have a real conversation with Elk Konnected. The man told me he would talk with me outside and I said, I thought it was a Community Conversation and stated politely that I wanted to speak with him in front of the community.  So at that point he called for the Sheriff. So, I politely left. The sheriff deputies met me at the door and I told them everything was cool and that I was leaving. They were very polite and I thanked them for that. So, I didn't appreciate the misrepresentation and the Gestapo tactics. It's your game and you can play it anyway you want. And you proved it that night.

Mr. Ross, I guess there is a mutual distrust then, because I dont trust you.  I don't know how many public meetings a person can just go to the front and demand to speak with out waiting for the agenda of the meeting to be explained.  I do thank you for your respect for the process Wednesday night and sorry you had to leave half way.

C)You mentioned community organizations, which is what I would assume the County Recreation Fund is for. And I am glad that is understood. But you also mentioned your own company.
It matters not where the money comes from, it is tax money and it is in the County's coffers and the responsibility of Elk County Commissioners. It is not the responsibility of Elk Konnected, LLC's is it?
You never mentioned one, not one single privately owned business or LLC in all that statement except Elk Konnected, LLC.

I seem to be repeating myself and will do it again.  NO money has been paid from the County Parks & Recreation fund to ELK KONNECTED LLC.  I also want taxpayers to know that they are not being taxed for the money that is in the County Parks & Recreation fund and it does make a difference.  Yes as a county commissioner, I along with the two other commissioners say how it will be spent.

D)Let's me understand, you have been on the Elk Konnected, LLC for four years, exceeding the three year limit provided by Elk Konnected,LLC,  Elk Konnected, LLC uses ECCEF to collect donations for Elk Konnected, LLC  and ECCEF also does the banking for Elk Konnected, LLC but you have no connection with ECCEF? That is really strange and I don't quite comprehend that? Would you explain please?

Elk Konnected established the rotation and term limits and adopted them on May 2011.  I am not on the board of ECCEF and have not been since 2005.  I do not see a conflict of interest. 

E)Isn't Elk Konnected, LLC's goals basically set up by Public Squares Communities, it appears so from reading their web site?

Numbers of people, that have no names, that can not be proven, that's all we hear from Elk Konnected, LLC.
Suggestions from people, that have no names, that can not be proven, that's all we hear form Elk Konnected, LLC.
51 visionaries, I am so really impressed by that statement only the visionaries have no names, how in the world are we suppose to believe that? Isn't this a cloak of anonymity?
140 surveys, again very impressive statement and no proof, no names, how in the world are we suppose to believe that? Isn't this a cloak of anonymity?
You forgot to include the approval of the Howard Chamber of Commerce in starting Elk Konnected,LLC, that is what one of Elk Konnected, LLC followers on this forum said took place. Is that true?

Again I reported how the goals of Elk Konnected were created - NO Public Square did not create the goals.  In your research, you might notice that every community has its own set of goals.
I do have a list of everyone that was invited to the vision retreat held in January 2008 and everyone that attended.  The surveys however were done anymously and were available to the public at the local convenience stores, resturants and other gathering places. 
Howard Chamber of Commerce, Howard Rotary Club, Howard United Methodist Church, ECCEF, Carter-Rader American Legion & Auxiliary, Moline Chamber of Commerce, Elk Co Farm Bureau, Moline United Methodist Church, St. Mary's Church - Moline, Longton Community Christian Church, Friends of Elk Falls are just a few of the organizations who have donated to Elk Konnected (money went to ECCEF).

Sorry I would love to chat some more but I really need to get some work done.  Have a great day!

Varmit

L Hendricks do you really expect us to believe that the money in the parks and rec. fund didn't come from taxpayers?!! Just where in the hell does the money come from? Does the county or STATE have a magic money tree they just pick it from?

And just who the hell are you or elk konnected to decide that the citizens of this county don't think highly enough of themselves? 

You say that elk konnected want to improve the standard of living in this county how about you and the rest of your croonies keep your greedy damn hands out of my and everyone elses pocket and let us decide about our quality of life!!

The commissioners of this county had the chance to lower taxes, thus providing more income to individuals in the county, but they did not.  You commissioners need to realize that if you can't afford to stay within your budget then you (pleas pay attention here) CUT YOUR EXPENSES, NOT RAISE TAXES!

It is high time that the citizens of this county demand that anyone with any connection to elk konnected or its affiliate companies immediately step down from any office within our county government.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Ross

Quote from: L Hendricks on October 07, 2011, 11:23:37 AM
You will have to excuse me, I have not taken the time to figure out how to use the quote technology....
Please take 5 minutes and have on of your followers teach you. I learned on my own in a short period and I am not college educated, just a high school graduate. To try to keep this post clear for everyone I am puting my response for this post in blue. I am putting Hendricks quotes of me in Bold Black. I hope that helps everyone keep things straight.

ROSS
A)What facts? Do you expect me and everyone out hear to believe you have not read this thread?

I have only read from page 308 on... nor do I care to go back before that.  A forum user emailed the steering committee a list of the main questions from the forum.
Personally I like to do my own reading, that way I can't blame some one else for my errors, but to each his own.

From Ross
B) To be frankly truthful with you, I don't trust you. How is that for and quoting David Whetstone at last night's meeting, "Open and Honest Dialog"?

In fact you use a professionally trained Facilitator from outside the county to control every facet of your so called Community Conversations. This forum right here is the closest you have been to a Community Conversation since you have came about. Your facilitator from Leoti, Kansas and your employer if I am correct even called for the Sheriff for my even trying to have a real conversation with Elk Konnected. The man told me he would talk with me outside and I said, I thought it was a Community Conversation and stated politely that I wanted to speak with him in front of the community.  So at that point he called for the Sheriff. So, I politely left. The sheriff deputies met me at the door and I told them everything was cool and that I was leaving. They were very polite and I thanked them for that. So, I didn't appreciate the misrepresentation and the Gestapo tactics. It's your game and you can play it anyway you want. And you proved it that night.

Mr. Ross, I guess there is a mutual distrust then, because I dont trust you.  I don't know how many public meetings a person can just go to the front and demand to speak with out waiting for the agenda of the meeting to be explained.  I do thank you for your respect for the process Wednesday night and sorry you had to leave half way.

Nice come back, but Frankly it doesn't matter whether you trust me or not, this is not personal because, WE have absolutely nothing personal between us. I am not an Elk County Commissioner, now am I. So, it matters not whether you trust me.

Nice diversion though. It is you who should be concerned about the trust of Elk County Citizens, because along with trust comes respect. A few other qualities of a good leader are principles, integrity, understanding and cooperation and ethics, only to name a few.  
As far as my leaving early thanks for noticing. I left because I had more important responsibilities to listen to the dribble of prepared speeches given by people that didn't appear to be prepared by themselves. It appeared they were jus doing as told by someone, IMHO. But my personal responsibility was much more important and that is why I left.  

C)  You mentioned community organizations, which is what I would assume the County Recreation Fund is for. And I am glad that is understood. But you also mentioned your own company.

I seem to be repeating myself and will do it again.  NO money has been paid from the County Parks & Recreation fund to ELK KONNECTED LLC.  I also want taxpayers to know that they are not being taxed for the money that is in the County Parks & Recreation fund and it does make a difference.  Yes as a county commissioner, I along with the two other commissioners say how it will be spent.
Yes, that is what I said, but aren't two out of the three County Commissioners cheerleaders (for lack of a better word) for Elk Konnected, LLC so they would mostly likely vote for Elk Konnected, LLC right?    

I seem to have to keep repeating myself:
Remember our conversation at the County Commissioners Meeting and you denied using taxpayers money.
And I said wait a minute wasn't that Elk Konnected Youth Services that spoke too the Commission just before me and asking for money? Remember that? I bet you don't want to remember that? Even though I pointed that out you still denied using taxpayers money. And you were speaking as Elk Konnected instead of Commissioner. You even made mention that you wear so many hats it is difficult to keep them straight.
Did someone pay taxes on that alcohol? If so that makes them a taxpayer, right? And it becomes taxpayers moneys that go into the County Coffers. It males no difference who pays the tax, it is the property of the taxpayers and citizens of Elk  County. Is that clear?
You can not just change the facts to meet your own desires.

Were you making those statements as Elk Konnected, LLC [or as County Commissioner?
I ask because I would like to know who thinks they can write tax code to meet their own needs?/b]

D)Let's me understand, you have been on the Elk Konnected, LLCfor four years, exceeding the three year limit provided by Elk Konnected, LLC,  Elk Konnected, LLC uses ECCEF to collect donations for Elk Konnected, LLC and ECCEF also does the banking for Elk Konnected, LLC but you have no connection with ECCEF? That is really strange and I don't quite comprehend that? Would you explain please?

Elk Konnected established the rotation and term limits and adopted them on May 2011.  I am not on the board of ECCEF and have not been since 2005.  I do not see a conflict of interest.  

So does that mean their previous statement of two years meant nothing in the first place? Afterall you and David have been on the Steering Committee for four years right? Which exceeded the original term limits, correct? So are we to understand with the new the new term limits your first 4 years don't count is that what you are saying? If so why even have a term limit?   Please help us understand what the term limits mean, does it mean you can just accept them or not depending on your mood? If so where is the integrity in that?    

E) Isn't Elk Konnected, LLC's goals basically set up by Public Squares Communities, it appears so from reading their web site?

Again I reported how the goals of Elk Konnected were created - NO Public Square did not create the goals.  In your research, you might notice that every community has its own set of goals.
I do have a list of everyone that was invited to the vision retreat held in January 2008 and everyone that attended.  The surveys however were done anymously and were available to the public at the local convenience stores, resturants and other gathering places.  
Howard Chamber of Commerce, Howard Rotary Club, Howard United Methodist Church, ECCEF, Carter-Rader American Legion & Auxiliary, Moline Chamber of Commerce, Elk Co Farm Bureau, Moline United Methodist Church, St. Mary's Church - Moline, Longton Community Christian Church, Friends of Elk Falls are just a few of the organizations who have donated to Elk Konnected (money went to ECCEF
Again it appears that Public Squares Communities, LLC has the blue print. I.E. Public Square Communities, LLC identifies, connects and develops community leaders who transform towns, cities, counties and regions into thriving communities which nourish youth, engage citizens and foster partnerships.
Public Square engages all four sectors of the community: Business, Education, Government and Human Services from their web site http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/mission.htm

I seem to have to keep repeating myself as well.

So you got paid by your Employer Public Squares Communities, LLC which is also the company that Elk Konnected, LLC pays, to write the letter as Elk County Commissioner about Elk Konnected, LLC which you founded to praise it, is that right? Very interesting! What progress has Elk Konnected, LLC made? Please be specific.
People please re-read this.

I believe it is a matter of ethics as to how the title bestowed upon you is used in representing the people of Elk County. When I was a Federal Employee I had the same ethics to pay attention to, as how I used my title. Titles are not given lightly and should not be taken lightly and used indiscriminately in my opinion. Because the citizens of Elk County are your employeer, are they not?

Who in Elk County or Severy wanted an exercise center in Howard?
I believe there would be much more to a wellness center than just exercise equipment, do you think?
Elk Konnected, LLC closed the door, it failed running the business simple, huh? The fact that someone else may re-open it does not make it anything different about Elk Konnected, LLC's failure to run it, does it?s

Ross

When do they start opening the County Commissioers Meeting

WITH

WELCOME TO ELK KONNECTED, LLC'S
COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
MEETING

Our facilitator tonight is from
Wichita, County
Next Meetings Facilitator May Be From Sarah Palins Home County.
So Be Sure To Be Here
We ARE Improving Our Image
Jerry Springer Coming Soon
The Steering Committee is working on it.

Won't you please have a seat in any one of the circle of chairs!
? ? ?
When does that happen citizens?    Consider the possiblities?      A diversion from the seriousness for a moment.
Just a creative splurge at humor, I hope everyone enjoy's it.

Diane Amberg

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 07, 2011, 06:10:20 PM
You been sippin' the apple jack? ;D
No, Diane I do not imbibe, hick-up.
What's wrong no sense of humor?

Are you saying I have no talent, be honest now.
I promise not to be nasty if you say, no talent for humor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk