Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Wow, only a about a grand ?????

Do you think the County would have gave that money to Grenola to rent the BULL ????? LOL
I personally doubt it since Grenola in not one of the County Commissioner, IMHO.

I think we are simply paying for advertisement for Elk Konnected, LLC a privately owned company. IMHO.

Otherwise I don't get it.

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

" There are always individuals or very, very small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome with no names to support the data.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why ? "

Ross

My personal opinion is each of the individual towns could use that money to promote their own communities ??????
Instead of the county  money being used to promote and advertise for a privately owned little company which has no membership, no leadership, and no treasurer, don't you ??????

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Remember this summer when Longton Ball Association wrote a letter to the County Commissioners asking for, I believe 500 for their efforts ????? One County Commissioner I believe poped up with let's give them $1000, wasnt that after Longton's one and only police officer/dog catcher became part of Elk Konnected's Steering Committee ?????

Just wondering ?????

I believe before that it was difficult to get that $500 originally asked for wasn't it ?????

From the newspaper sometime back;
In the latter part of 2009, Elk Konnected became a limited liability company (LLC) to protect
the steering committee and the  action teams from liability This seemed necessary with the exposure
of the youth activities and the wellness center.  

I Would think they would care more about youth then to protect themselves from the youth , don't  you ?????
Who protects the youth from Elk Konnected ?????
Where is the positive attitude in that ??????
It really sounds negative to me, we will protect our selves from youth activities, what do you think ?????

Just What is Elk Konnected, LLC a private business doing to improve Elk County's economic situation or to make Elk County a better place to live?????

Just what can they do in this World Wide Economic Crises?????

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County?  
Re: Elk Konnected Community Update
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Community standards committee has been ENERGIZED with ideas such as drive by mowing, united legal communication about getting rid or old structures, and Ice Cream is a requirement at any and all meetings.

Stop the blithe, approve by BROCK, and let the Bulldozer Roll.

http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php?topic=5185.0

From an Elk Konnected follower:
Quote from: Hefe de vaca on July 02, 2011, 08:54:03 PM
    NEWS FLASH  , Elk Konnected was started by Richard Fish, a well respected citizen who sought to bring all of Elk County together and quit quibbling over small things and work together as county. The original idea went through the Chamber of Commerce, DONATIONS were given by many people who want to see the county grow. TIME was , and is, VOLUNTEERED by many people , YOUR If you would ever give up your time to help "people wanting to start a business" ( some people don't know about the assistance the government has..... Stupid people who don't know what they're talking about ) , but wait, then you wouldn't have time to come up with your BS here.

You will not likely see me waste another keystroke on you. You are a  person who has one agenda, you're own.Go out and get a real job.

I know I have refered to Elk Konnected's Community Conversation's as a circus of a circle of chairs.
Well, I don't believe I am wrong, after all read the following:
Quote from: L Hendricks on July 22, 2008, 09:18:27 PM
Come one, come all - Elk Konnected
Doesn't that, "Come one, come all" sound like a circus hawker to you????
And they have lollipops to hand out, don't they ?????
Hasn't Elk Konnected been around since 2007 ?????
So in all those years what have they done to make Elk County a better place to live...what ????

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on September 30, 2011, 05:32:41 AM
From the newspaper sometime back;
In the latter part of 2009, Elk Konnected became a limited liability company (LLC) to protect steering committee and the action teams from liability This seemed necessary with the exposure of the youth activities and the wellness center.  

Can you find the date of that article?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 30, 2011, 06:16:32 AM

Sorry Patriot,

I've been searching the forum and can't seem to find where I copied it from.
I'll keep looking.

sodbuster

quote author=Patriot link=topic=11780.msg176595#msg176595 date=1317384992]
[/quote]

Quote from: Ross on September 30, 2011, 05:03:40 PM
Sorry Patriot,

I've been searching the forum and can't seem to find where I copied it from.
I'll keep looking.

I have nothing to do with Elk Konnected so I have no say in what they do. I also, am not a lawyer, but in my mind posting something as fact and not being able to find where you copied it from could result in a lawsuit. Ross et al you need to check your facts. You have also, posted IRS info on an organization that came from a charity watchdog organization. While you said the info was from the IRS it was not. In fact the hyperlink that you provided  showed that the info was from another organization. When you go to that organization they do not provide that info due to the fact that there were elctonic filing errors  that caused the IRS to certify that that info was not true. You guys are treading on thin ice in my opinion. Go back and verify your facts.

David

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on September 30, 2011, 05:40:46 PM
I also, am not a lawyer...David

Those would be the operative words overshadowing your entire post.

...but in my mind posting something as fact and not being able to find where you copied it from could result in a lawsuit.

Your mind, imo, is a really dark & confused place, and it is probably vacant of any understanding of any applicable Kansas statute relative to your bush lawyer assumptions of the basis for any lawsuit.

Ross et al you need to check your facts.

You seem to assume facts haven't been checked.  Consider assuming otherwise.

You have also, posted IRS info on an organization that came from a charity watchdog organization. While you said the info was from the IRS it was not. In fact the hyperlink that you provided  showed that the info was from another organization. When you go to that organization they do not provide that info due to the fact that there were elctonic filing errors  that caused the IRS to certify that that info was not true. You guys are treading on thin ice in my opinion. Go back and verify your facts.

First, I suspect you can't see the data on the second site because you're not a subscriber to their 50 year old service.  I gather you also are not aware that those tax returns are available directly from the IRS.  Please provide proof that the information provided was inaccurate.  As for your opinion... well.

It's amazing the lengths to which some folks will go to try and discredit any information provided by those who have questions about EK or their associations and defend a company they know nothing about.  And yet some wonder why we want an open public discussion in an uncontrolled environment like this forum.  Unbelievable.

David, every time you poke your head out from under the sheets in order to blow this direction, I'm reminded of that great line by W.C. Fields... "Go away, kid.  Ya bother me."

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Here is something interesting from Elk Konnected: http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/news.php
Elk Konnected
Success Stories

Elk County provide ideas on how to use wind dollars

Better roads and local tax relief are top suggestions

By Rudy Taylor
PRAIRIE STAR

While no specific recommendations were determined, Woodbury was able to make several conclusions from the groups which were composed of eight to ten in each circle.

Local YMCA, YWCA
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My opinions:
Since no specific recommendations were determined, Where did the list on page one of this thread come from  ?????
Was that list  produced by Mr. Woodbury of Public Squares Communities of Leoti, Kansas in Wichita County, which is 338 mi, 5 hours 56 mins west of our County Seat, are these his ideas ???????
Who made the list???? Doesn't this sound like one big snow job to you ?????
And here on Public Squares Communities, a web page for Elk Konnected, a YMCA is suggested along with a lot of other ideas, that appnear to be put together by a very small group of people and I would like for them to answer, who are you ?????

Do you have any idea what it would cost to build a YMCA ?????
Do you have any idea what the annual franchise fees would be ?????

On top of that, think why did Elk konnected shut down their only business ?????
Perhaps they would not accept negative feed back, what do you think ????$
Did they do a feasability study ?????? Did they think people could afford to pay to exercise ?????
Are there enough people in Elk County to support what was basically a fitnes center ?????
Do they think there is a celarge enough population in Elk County to support a YMCA ?????
Do they realize we have about 1/4 the population of Independence, Kansas ??????
Does Independence have a YMCA ?????? Think about it.

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

" There are always individuals or very, very small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome with no names to support the data.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why ? "

No I did not copy and paste the whole page but you can read it at http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/news.php
But please read carefully.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 30, 2011, 07:26:11 PM
David, every time you poke your head out from under the sheets in order to blow this direction, I'm reminded of that great line by W.C. Fields... "Go away, kid.  Ya bother me."

Patriot,

I simply wanted to tell him since he lived in California simply to find a short pier and take a long walk.
But I refrained. ROFLMBO

et alia David.

I'm still looking for the place where I copied it from. Sorry I should have pasted the address, I just forgot to. Old age, ya know.

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on September 30, 2011, 07:26:11 PM
Those would be the operative words overshadowing your entire post.

Your mind, imo, is a really dark & confused place, and it is probably vacant of any understanding of any applicable Kansas statute relative to your bush lawyer assumptions of the basis for any lawsuit.

You seem to assume facts haven't been checked.  Consider assuming otherwise.

First, I suspect you can't see the data on the second site because you're not a subscriber to their 50 year old service.  I gather you also are not aware that those tax returns are available directly from the IRS.  Please provide proof that the information provided was inaccurate.  As for your opinion... well.

It's amazing the lengths to which some folks will go to try and discredit any information provided by those who have questions about EK or their associations and defend a company they know nothing about.  And yet some wonder why we want an open public discussion in an uncontrolled environment like this forum.  Unbelievable.

Patriot, be careful how you post my quotes. When you edit  them so much that they do not represent the original meaning you are on thin ice.  I grew up in a family of lawyers, lived with lawyers, and have many lawyer friends.

Your links and posted info on eccef are suspect according to the posts that you have made and the links. Doesn't matter what I think or you think. I warned you they are suspect.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sodbuster

Quote from: Ross on September 30, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
Patriot,

I simply wanted to tell him since he lived in California simply to find a short pier and take a long walk.
But I refrained. ROFLMBO

et alia David.

I'm still looking for the place where I copied it from. Sorry I should have pasted the address, I just forgot to. Old age, ya know.

/quote]
Ross, you can't make a comment good or bad about California I have not said myself. No one on the forum can say anything that will ruffle my feathers.  What I do know is that Ross, Patriot,  with there posts from questionable sources need to check their sources. Patriot I just followed your and\or  Ross's links to the IRS info  and found the notifications that the info on the site and the IRS info they were provided had errors due to the fact they were filed by electronically.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk