Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

((( thinking))).... I REALLY must branch out more and try to get new friends.. LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Ross

Quote from: Teresa on September 23, 2011, 09:22:45 PM

This service and all maintenance and upkeep is financed solely by us.  From day one we have never looked at this as a business opportunity.. Marshal / Kjell built this as a thank you and a give back to this county. Because upon moving here, he found the people and area friendly and it felt like home to him. And he had the professional knowledge to do it, so he did.
 Also, we are fortunate enough to make our financial living elsewhere and still get to live here. There is no revenue collected from this website, so therefore we don't look at it nor do we claim it as a business.

The cost and maintenance is the same no matter the amount of members. It's voluntary and totally up to the users if they want to participate and utilize this website.   :)

I am not easily impressed and this impress me tremendously. You should be named business of the year for Elk County.
Even though you don't run it as a business to make money, I know it's a lot of work and I appreciate everything you do.
Especially tollerating me posting on the wrong threads and such. Thank You.

Now to everyone else, IMHO this is truely a service of give back to the community.
I have my own way not nearly as glamorous, and I am sure all the rest of you do too.
I am on my way to a lady's house today to do some digging for new latterals which she cannot afford to pay to have done.
I can only work on an individual basis and due to many my problems I have to deal with on my own schedule.
If I was an organization wanting to help I would use my money for helping the less fortunate with food and clothing for the children. And there are plenty of people like that here in Elk County. But, I am only able to help with a few eggs and some meat when I have a cow butchered.

I just don't believe you can build up the county economically while ignoring a serious problem or without listening to the negative things in hopey changey positive attitude? But one could help individuals in need in their own communities. Mow a lawn, shovel snow on a side walk little things. Copying what other communities have already been doing is good to but to act like it's your idea is totally wrong.

Thanks Teresa and Kjell.

Patriot

Thanks to the forum management... and think, all this without one dime of taxpayer money or one ounce of paid government employee time or government influence.  Just a handful of honest folk with a few ideas who are trying to give back a little and not seek personal gain.

Great job!

Now, about all that grant & taxpayer money (10's of thousands of dollars) and taxpayer resources (dozens of hours of paid employee tine) that Elk Konnected has received and/or used since 2007... where's the beef?  Are you & your communities much better off now than 5 years ago?  If not, maybe it is Bush's fault.   ???

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

I haven't seen where anyone has commented about the latest member on the forum, Elk Konnected. How nice of them to join us. But, what I find funny is that when you click on the link for Elk Konnected and you look at the information, the email address for the group is hidden. Supposed to be an organization to help Elk County, but we hide our email? Go figure.

Ross

Wow that's amazing after all these months of monitering this thread Elk Konnected, LLC finally logs onboard.

Welcome aboard Elk Konnected, LLC?

First question since you have signed on, has to be can you verify you are truthfully Elk Konnected, LLC?????

If this is someone that is not an associate of Elk Konnected, LLC I don't thik we will see a decent response, do you?????

And if you are would you please answer the following questions please:

What is Elk Konnected, LLC a private business doing to improve Elk County's economic situation or to make Elk County a better place to live?????

Is it that you have no faith in our county government and our paid employee to do her job as Econonic Development and Youth Services Director????

If you do have faith in her abilities then why do you think it is necessary for you to interfere with her duties??????

Just what can you do in this World Wide Economic Crises?????

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members, who owns, and runs, or who are the investors in Elk  Konnected, LLC?

Who is their Leader?

Honest answers would be appreciated??????

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on September 24, 2011, 07:48:44 PM
I haven't seen where anyone has commented about the latest member on the forum, Elk Konnected. How nice of them to join us. But, what I find funny is that when you click on the link for Elk Konnected and you look at the information, the email address for the group is hidden. Supposed to be an organization to help Elk County, but we hide our email? Go figure.

You will notice that the ability to send a private message via this forum is also disabled.  Ah, the games people play.

Does anyone find it curious that Elk Konnected (if this is really EK) previously found this forum somehow unsuitable as a communications platform and now may be returning?  To what end and for what purpose?  No email, no forum PMs... more one way communication?  They tell, everybody else listens?  Right from the Obama, Alinsky Community Organization top down communication handbook.

Now, how about this blast from the past...

Quote from: Arc fault on July 24, 2008, 09:01:04 PM
PEP RULZ TOURSIM
Welcome to Howard

What would a sign on the highway bring to Howard?   I'm not talking about a wood and steel sign but a fancy glow in the dark tv screen on steroids that you can read from half way to Severy and Moline. 

You could locate it up by 400 to bring people down the new and improved super slab.   

Or this one...

Quote from: Arc fault on July 30, 2008, 08:33:33 PM
Should we give lots of money to the Flinthills  Assembly of God church to get the new building on its way so we can serve the fire water?  Fire water is not just for firemen anymore.   Firewater makes money more fluid.  Come here's need fluid so their funding doesn't dry up.   

What about an RV park and ride....Park your RV and we will give you a trailride of Elk County. 

Have you ever seen limestone arch bridge?  Ariesian well?  and  a 200 megawatt wind farm on the same trail?

Cave Springs any memories?

Then there's this...

Quote from: Arc fault on July 30, 2008, 07:38:50 PM
If you want I could expand the hours of the Soda Fountain to provide you a place to internet cafe.   I would only need someone to run it and .....that would be all.... Need Sunday groceries?   How about we all think about why we shop on Sunday.   We don't work on that day.   
Mainstreet of Howard is a ghost town  every Sunday after the last church dinner.  If we could cater to the out of towners to bring them here, the weekends would be the days they would be available.  Even I got burnt out of working 7 days a week after about 10 years of it.  You would have to manage your labor and hours of service to match your patrons. 
I know I was raised on a ranch where there is always something to do but the majority of the human race is lazy on the nonwork days.   Let's build something they will enjoy and suck them into our world on their days off.
High stress jobs mean high pay check... They could come here to relax and spend some of their hard earned money.  I don't think that grass fed beef is the way to go.   We send cattle to the feedlot for a reason.   Corn makes beef better.   But I would love to somehow market Elk County Beef.  I would like to know how to process it after it has left the county to be fed. Besides bringing it back in a Tyson box.   I don't think we have enough grain sources for feeding here. 

Wouldn't be great to serve a homegrown top sirloin with all the fixin's in a hometown palace fit for a king in a building built by locals, powered by the Elk county Kansas wind, and view a Howard,Kansas sunset? 

All that and a private LLC with unknown owners who have received thousands of dollars of potentially non-reportable grants and gifts in recent years... from a foundation that has the same roots as the LLC. 

And have you heard the news about the former Wellness Center in Howard? 

Now, don't Tom Devlin and his lovely wife still own the old Howard bank building.... the one with the new roof?

And didn't the doctors used to hand out cheap lollipops to help distract the kids from the discomfort of the shots?

Paint your own pictures.  Citizens, you can't make this stuff up.  Stay connected.

Ross

Quote from: Janet Harrington on September 24, 2011, 07:48:44 PM

Thanks for mentioning the newbie, I hadn't looked up there in the corner in a while.

Doesn't it make you wonder a little, why all the detractor has stopped detracting and bad mouthing this thread and then suddenly we have Elk konnected, LLC logging on as Elk Konnected without the LLC?????

Do you suppose that they are trying to down play the fact they are a privately owned company?????

Or is this log on simply a name of a follower???

Don't you wonder what kind of game someone is playing?????

Well I think perhaps their response or lack of response to my earlier response should should tell us something, don't you suppose??????

I am talking about this post:

Quote from: Ross on September 24, 2011, 08:58:04 PM
Wow that's amazing after all these months of monitering this thread Elk Konnected, LLC finally logs onboard.
Welcome aboard Elk Konnected, LLC?

First question since you have signed on, has to be can you verify you are truthfully Elk Konnected, LLC?????

If this is someone that is not an associate of Elk Konnected, LLC I don't thik we will see a decent response, do you?????

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 24, 2011, 09:51:39 PM
You will notice that the ability to send a private message via this forum is also disabled.  Ah, the games people play.

Wow, Patriot that's a lot of information to digest.

People just back up a couple of post to see what I'm talking about. Very good information, food for thought.

Or just click on the first line above that says quote to go back.

Good night everyone.

Catwoman

I see no games being played...I can see plainly, under their name, the ability to PM them.  Perhaps they've just taken advantage of the blocking ability?

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on September 25, 2011, 09:57:50 AM
I see no games being played...I can see plainly, under their name, the ability to PM them.  Perhaps they've just taken advantage of the blocking ability?

Probably so.  Preemptive since I've never messaged them, nor would I. Gutless their part, no?  What are they afraid of?  And I'm sure you see no games.  I've noticed that you have a tendency to be blind to the obvious.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk