Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on September 02, 2011, 05:40:25 PM
Well, being a prime contender in the BS category, you'd certainly recognize it, wouldn't you?
Sure I was in the military for ten years and woorked as a federal employee for another ten.
The federal government is the worst for BS.
I heard more BS in those 20 years then you will hear in your life time.
Sure, I recognize it when I hear it or read it.

But my questions are not BS, they are very real questions.
                                                   Do you have any real answers or just more BS?

We've become the Infantile Society, eager only to be coddled, burped and entertained, with noise masquerading as music, and nicks and bruises as deep cuts and real wounds and lollipops as good deeds.
Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County? 
In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Ross

Quote from: jarhead on September 02, 2011, 07:04:27 PM
Quote from Ross:
Poor Jarhead.

You got that right Ross. I'm a mind to tell you all to go to hell, and quit posting and all that other mumbo jumbo and then sit back and wait for someone to beg me to come back with my wisdom and knowledge---------------BUT---ol Sarge aint posted for a spell and I'm afraid his computer crashed or something and he won't be able to" beg "me back. Patriot might, but as you know Ross---you can't trust them Fly-Boys to be there when you really need them. ;D
Yea, where is that flyboy with all his wit and wisdom? He could be having fun right now, don't ya think?
I bet he is busy studying and increasing his intellect.

I wish Elk Konnected, LLC  would come out and stick up for their poor followers, they need a lot of help. They just don't know what theyare cheering about.

I'm still trying to understand how an organization can operate without something like on a few of the following:
Owner         Leader        President         Chairman        Board of Directors        Members
I find an organization with out any membership to be simply amazing, don't you?
Also, I find it amazing that they still have it posted on the internet knocking one of our very own communities, "With a county population of only 3000, one tiny town spends time and energy wanting to pull out of the county wide trash service." I wonder how that helps Elk County's image? http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/aboutus.php

On that same page they claim to have investors instead of donors? One time it's donors and another time it's investors, they really confuse things for me. If they are investors, don't investors usually make a profit on their money??

What I find further confusing is Elk Konnected uses very few names, read that page again. The only name in the whole article is, is a man from the far west side of Kansas, some guy named Terry Woodbury. Not even from Elk County.

But then in the article Elk konnected says, "Without going into a lot of history of Elk County, finding engaged citizens who were not the "same old guard" from all of the communities was a challenge." D oes that imply something was and is wrong with Elk County. Why escape from the reaponsibility of explaining it's self by saying, "Without going into a lot of history of Elk County." To me that is just being irresponsible.  Who is the old guard? Who is the new guard? What does that mean? Don't we have a county government? Or is Elk Konnected, LLC implying that our county government can't be trusted because of the old guard? If so, how does having a nre guard correct that?

I'll ask again, and again who is Elk Konnected? Who is Elk Konnected to put our county down like that for the whole world to see?

It is our county isn't it, all the taxpayers and voters and citizens that live within it's borders isn't it? The county doesn't belong to a private company called Elk Konnected, LLC that poses as an organization, does it?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Patriot

So refreshing to see the dialogue was advanced tonight.  Not.

Another question...

How much 'community development' did Elk Konnected accomplish in 2007, 2008, and 2009.... with about $80,000 or more at their disposal during that time frame?  Shouldn't there be a brass plaque somewhere?  Just curious.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Speaking of questions....

Remember the Elk County Community and Education Foundation (ECCEF)?  They do some great things in Elk County.  They helped with the courthouse clock in Howard, the new park in Howard, some scholarships, the libraries in Moline & Grenola, Christmas for needy families, and more.  Some super projects.  ECCEF provided $30160 to projects like these in 2007/2008/2009.

Were you aware that the ECCEF also made grants to Elk Konnected in 2007/2008/2009?  Of the grants issued by ECCEF, how much did Elk Konnected receive?

2007    41% of total    $  3150
2008    42% of total    $ 10982
2009    74% of total    $ 31573

Total grants to EK       $ 45705

The private company, Elk Konnected was given the largest single amounts in all three years.

Source:  IRS Forms 990-EZ tax returns

Patriot

Speaking of grants and the ECCEF.  Remember the recently closed Wellness Center in Howard provided by Elk Konnected.  The Kansas Health Foundation played a part... through the ECCEF.

Elk County Wellness Center
Grant Amount: $19,900.00

Grant Cycle: Fall 2009
Approved Date: Friday, October 30, 2009
Grant Purpose: will support a wellness center for residents of Elk and Greenwood counties by funding the purchase of exercise equipment. The center also plans to provide information about healthy eating and a variety of fitness classes for all ages.
Grantee: Elk County Community and Education Foundation
Grant Type: Recognition Grant

Source:  http://www.kansashealth.org/grantmaking/grants/elk_county_wellness_center

Patriot

Why does Elk Konnected solicit 'youth activity' funds from Elk County and the various towns?

Why does Elk County budget for and maintain a $10,000 'Youth Activity Fund' account each year from taxpayer funds?

Remember the summer day camps?  Over $13,500+ per year in 2009 & 2011, funded by grants requested by and made to Elk County on behalf of Elk Konnected by the Kansas Health Foundation.

Patriot

Did you know that Elk County is either running short or is out of money for rock that is used on rural roads for this year?

Patriot

I'm not positive, but I think that the county is over budget (short funds) for required payments to the Kansas Unemployment Security Fund?  Unemployment contributions... really?

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 02, 2011, 10:34:08 PM
So refreshing to see the dialogue was advanced tonight.  Not.

Another question...

How much 'community development' did Elk Konnected accomplish in 2007, 2008, and 2009.... with about $80,000 or more at their disposal during that time frame?  Shouldn't there be a brass plaque somewhere?  Just curious.

Woow! I would have thought 80 Grand could buy a lot of lollipops, or at least could have helped a lot of poor people in Elk County? I wonder what they did with all that money while still asking for taxpayers money?

What have they accomplished with all that money? What do they have to show for it?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 02, 2011, 11:26:41 PM
Were you aware that the ECCEF also made grants to Elk Konnected in 2007/2008/2009?  Of the grants issued by ECCEF, how much did Elk Konnected receive?

2007    41% of total    $  3150
2008    42% of total    $ 10982
2009    74% of total    $ 31573

Total grants to EK       $ 45705

The private company, Elk Konnected was given the largest single amounts in all three years.
Source:  IRS Forms 990-EZ tax returns

Wow, again but am I crazy?

It appears that on the birth of Elk Konnected, that Elk County Community and Education Foundation (ECCEF) came into a lot of money to start giving to Elk Konnected. How in the world does that work? Who or what gave birth to these two organizations???

Who is the founder of ECCEF?
Who is the founder of Elk Konnected?

Where is all the community development from all that money??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk