Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Good points Ross. I especially like the one about animals being used in cosmetics. There is still a market for beaver castors and skunk "pee-pee". It is used in the making of fine perfume so it has " staying power". Wonder how many women know that when they give themselves a squirt of the Good smelly stuff, know they just got sprayed by a skunk ? :D

greatguns

Isn't that what the fellows like about us using it? ;D ;D

Ross

Quote from: greatguns on August 25, 2011, 08:32:58 AM
Isn't that what the fellows like about us using it? ;D ;D
Not me, I like the fresh natural scent a of a woman and a clean natural look. No make up.
What I find the most appealing about a woman and the first thing I notice is her smile.
That tells a lot. Not all that phoney stuff. Natural woman, that's the thing for me.

But really Elk Konnected how about some answers to some really hot questions?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County? 
In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Ross

This weeks newspaper read the "Howard Chamber of Commerce" column.

What's that all about Elk Konnected and the Howard Chamber of Commerce wanting to ask the County fo part of the PILOT money????????????

To be used to help purchase event policiies for county events. What county event? The Elk River Festival is a Howard event isn't it --- to raise funds for the City of Howard, right?

An event was strongly discouraged by the company underwriter, Student Assurance which provides a policy for Elk Konnected, LLC-sponsered events, such as the rock-climbing wall which will cover children but not adults.
Now did you notice Elk konnected does at least have insurance to protect the children at Elk Konnected evoents.

Did you notice it said Elk Konnected, LLC events. I believe the Howard Chamber of Commerce insurance says something similar, i.e. Howard Chamber of Commerce Events, don't you think?

Therefore the Elk River Festival event is more than likely a Howard event, right?  To raise money for the City of Howard right?

And they and Elk Konnected, LLC are thinking of asking for PILOT money? Ever heard of counting your chickens before they hatch?
How about leaving the PILOT money alone

What is with that????

Since when does the Howard Chamber of Commerce or Elk Konnected, LLC qualify as holding county events and require county funds????

It seems to me that terminology is very loosely used, don't you  think so too?

As I read this weeks paper it appears that the event the Howard Chamber of Commerce is discussing is one that is put on to raise funds for Howard, please correct me if I am wrong?  Now, if that is true then it is not a County affair but a Howard affair?

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 02, 2011, 08:54:03 PM
       NEWS FLASH  , Elk Konnected was started by Richard Fish, a well respected citizen who sought to bring all of Elk County together and quit quibbling over small things and work together as county. The original idea went through the Chamber of Commerce, DONATIONS were given by many people who want to see the county grow. TIME was , and is, VOLUNTEERED by many people , YOUR fellow residents . Their agenda is making Elk County the best it can be.

So doesn't that make Elk Konnected, LLC a Howard privately owned company????

Oh I think I see the affiliation of our newspaper editor and Elk Konnected, LLC correct me if I'm wrong please?
Reading this weeks paper the front page has an article of old news but I think it's purpose is to keep  Elk Konnected, LLC in the limelight, really --- old news frontpage --- what do you think?

Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County? 
In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

redcliffsw

There you have it. 

Do you want good government or do you want to fund EK et al from the Elk County Treasury?

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on August 26, 2011, 08:10:49 AM
There you have it. 

Do you want good government or do you want to fund EK et al from the Elk County Treasury?
Yea, and ya know Jefe accused me of being interested in grabbing the money that isn't there. I think he may have meant Elk Konnected instead of me, don't you think?

That also may explain why Liz told the little old lady at the Red Hatmeeting that they needed to do something more positive with the money besides lower her property tax, I think Elk Konnected was developed before the windfarm contract was even developed with that money in mind, IMHO. They had to know what was coming and handed out all those little lollipops to win over the county (fish) citizens but only with their eye on the money again IMHO. Lollipops for bait to get the fish, right?

What's permanent about giving money to Howard Chamber of Commerce or Elk Konnected????
Really what is Elk Konnected ???   ???

Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

What have become an Infantile Society, eager only to be coddled, burped and entertained, with noise masquerading as music, and nicks and bruises as deep cuts and real wounds.

indygal

Ross, I am the board secretary for the Howard Chamber of Commerce. I took the minutes that you are quoting. I typed them and submitted them to the Prairie Star for publication. While I'm pleased that the minutes are being read, I am disappointed that you failed to include the part of the sentence that would clarify that is was not the chamber itself requesting PILOT funds. It was a chamber member who suggested that the chamber request the funds. There's a big difference between suggesting something be done, requesting something be done, and actually doing it.

For instance, if someone were to suggest you take a long walk off a short pier, it doesn't mean you are being requested to do it, or that you actually will do it. Suggestions made during meetings are that, and only that. There was some discussion, but there was no vote, and the chamber did not approve any action.

In the future, please be sure to include the full sentence of a meetings minutes instead of only the part that appears to support your allegations. You have a knack for lying by omission, and many people are being misrepresented by this behavior.

Sincerely,
Lynne Thompson
Howard

Catwoman

Well stated, indygal.  Thank you for this post.

mayflower

It happens time and again.  It is just the manipulation of facts.  Good to hear from you Indygal.

redcliffsw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk