Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

Charles I agree with you about the twisted use of quotes. I have supported Elk Konnected with a small amout of money and I expect my contributions to continue and grow. Ross and Patriot and their supporters can join EK or start their own group. I feel the questions they are asking have to be answered by the County Government and not a private LLC. that has no legal duty to do so.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on August 20, 2011, 08:16:16 PM
... have to be answered by the County Government and not a private LLC. that has no legal duty to do so.

You're rehashing old information.  I don't believe that anyone as asserted that EK has any legal obligation to answer.  As a matter of fact, I personally acknowledged that fact on this thread weeks ago.  I also think Ross has point out, several times, that the only thing being relied upon is Elk Konected's self expressed intent to engage in open public conversations in the broadest context (including this forum).  A stated intent that appears, with each passing hour, to be increasingly lacking in veracity. 

But then, the theme of this entire thread has surrounded on the entanglement of a private company in public affairs and with public officials and public monies/resources, and the lack of transparency the such entanglement breeds.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

sodbuster

Know doubt about the rehashing, 94 % of this thread is either off topic, personal trash talking, or  posting the same thing over and over. In my opinion the fact that this still going on 4+ months  later  and  seemingly no real effort to get your answers from the County who have a duty to provide you the info. appears that you are just venting and not serious about getting your answers. Just my opinion.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: sodbuster on August 20, 2011, 08:50:56 PM
Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion, as erroneous as it may turn out to be in the long run.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on August 20, 2011, 07:51:00 PM
Ross,  

For the last G--D--- Time!  Quit using these statements of mine.  Just because you've posted them half a million times now does not make them any less my statements.  You've used them out of context everytime you have used them, and now you are using them, and not attributing them to anyone.  In their original context they had absolutely nothing to do Elk Konnected, they had only to do with Patriot's need for anonymity, and his and his followers (you included) distortion of facts and figures.

Here is the post that these quoted statements originated from, try reading the post in context with the discussion that was going on at the time:

http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11733.msg160234.html#msg160234

Enough of this already!

I give you credit you don't like it, I don't give you credit you don't like it.

But I have not twisted anything and by having people go to your original statement they can see that the statements are identical and nothing changed about them. nothing twisted. I simply did not put my prejudice or you prejudice behind them.
You just misquoted me in your way of thinking, what you say just doesn't make sense to me.
Here is the quote in full from me:
Quote from: Ross on August 20, 2011, 05:49:51 PM
I just love these statements and I hope you do too!

" There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why. "

" Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold."
    " How much pain the evils have cost us that never happened "

Jefferson

I can not take credit for these statements, I borrowed them from previous posts on this thread.
But perhaps they will stimulate some talk and conversation and thinking about this beautiful county.
That is my hope and prayers.

See you quoted me out of context, didn't you?
You left out the other quote by Jefferson, why?   And the words "[/color] hide behind a cloak of anonymity, " is all over the internet anyone can do a Google search on that phrase and see pages of it, right? So, I asked who you were quoting with that phrase and recieved no answer, why? Is it Because you did not want us to know who you were quoting?

But at any rate there is really nothing indecent about using the phrase now is there?
It just upsets you that you provided it and that it might get people thinking with out your personal opinion attached,
isn't that right?

You just said:
Quote from: flintauqua on August 20, 2011, 08:04:42 PM
I'm not talking copyright infringement, I'm talking common decency.  .
Then come back with:
Quote from: flintauqua on August 20, 2011, 07:51:00 PM
Ross,  
For the last G--D--- Time!
Real decent of you!
But I have used the most excellent statements without prejudice, by that I mean,
people can decide for themselves what the statements mean.
See the difference? Or is that what you don't like about their use?
I'm sorry you are so upset it's just not good for your health as I was told here on this forum.
I don't recall which Elk Konnected follower told me that, sure wish I could remember.
Try to have a great weekend, what's left of it.
I hope you understand that using the statements as stand alone does not constitute anything unethical or illegal or any copy write infringement. You just don't want people thinking for themselves as I see it, right?

But really this isn't about you and me is it?
Try the questions about Elk Konnected that's what this thread is about.
Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on August 20, 2011, 08:53:21 PM
I respect your opinion, as erroneous as it may turn out to be in the long run.

Patriot, my opinion may be erroneous,  but we have already reached the long run on this issue after 4 months.  I can only say that from what I have heard very little action on this issue has be taken before the Commissioners. There are so many laws on what gov. has to provide to citizens as far as info and details on who the hire. I know you guys know FOIA,   Open Meeting laws,  etc. From what I hear from the people I know in the County you have not pushed this beyond the forum post.

David

sodbuster

Ross, Patiort et.al., let us assume that Elk Konnected will never disclose the information that you scroll across your posts. What is your plan B to find this info. out? I can't understand why you can't get this info. from the County where you have many more legal tools to obtain the information you seek. Explain it to me.

David

redcliffsw

How about the issue of EK accepting gov't monies?  That ought to be a real concern.

How much good can EK do to earn government money?  None.

Americans ought to demand liberty and strongly refuse those like EK and Acorn.

sixdogsmom

Y'know, this group claims to be for the promotion of Elk County, surrounding areas, (providing you are within West Elk School district), and whatever might be on the agenda d'jour for the unidentified entities involved. They are not above appearing before myriad bodies of government in pursuit of funds for whatever they are promoting at the moment. Now I have never been opposed to programs for the kids; If they wish to collect funds for movie nights, soccer games, and special trips, why then I am all for it!! Hooray!!
If they go before government beseeching the funding of summer baseball and culture trips; go for it!! Play ball! However I am convinced that some of these funds have been used to try to promote consolidation of the schools to Howard to the detrimint of Moline and Severy  and some of these funds have been used for other purposes than for the promotion of Elk County. If this group were for the promotion of Elk County, then why do we never hear of Oak Valley? Just my opinion, and I am eagerly awaiting the invitation from the exercise center for peoples of ELK County to now become connected by joining and using an exercise center, throw out the fancy equipment, and teach aerobics!!
Edie

redcliffsw

Maybe you still have time to join their fitness center before it closes this month.  Later on, you can
donate your membership certificate to the historical sociiety or museum.

We should not be Cuba or the Soviet Union.  Government should not be paying for sports.
If you don't pay your property taxes, the county will have a Sheriff's sale and you be without
a home.  You reckon they might give you a free ticket to a ball game?  Do you want liberty or
Democracy?  Democracy seems to be the big craze - just vote on it to take their money.
Liberty?  You don't want liberty for the kids or not?

You know, when Castro took opver Cuba, he took everything but the chickens.  Don't know why anybody
would support EK or EK LLC.  Makes no American sense whatsoever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk