Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca link=topic=11780.msg172413#msg172413nd his community work       date=1313798233
    Ross , you just came up big right there, two thumbs up.
Thank you Jefe for the compliment.
But don't you see that is what this whole county should be about.
People sticking up for each other and to be truthful about it.
Not hiding behind the vale of an organization.
Not just a few select running an organization to save the county.
That will never work. Unless you believe in Obama and his community work and planning.
I believe in people not organizations.

The organization wants what the organization wants and that's all that counts.
Where as, the people vote and support what they want as individuals.
An organization is not about individualism, it is about control by a few people grouped together
to fullfil their own desires, and to force it on everyone else and nothing more.

Teresa

Quote from: jprxmkt on August 19, 2011, 10:54:21 PM
To you and anyone else I offended, I am so sorry! That is not what I meant at all.  I was not calling anyone fat lazy etc. I was saying those are reasons I have heard from people about themselves as to why they don't want to exercise.  (I've even used a couple of them about myself ;D). I just am not that aggressive and rude when I speak and I am so so sorry that it came across that way.  Please accept my apologies.  That is the danger of the written word when you can't feel where a person is coming from by looking into their eyes.  Again, I am so sorry.

Julie... Ease up on yourself...  ;D
Anyone and everyone who has ever actively posted on a forum has had that happen .. ( Myself many many  times )  especially if the people don't know you or can't "hear" you when you type.. ( did that make any sense? )  People who know you, didn't take that wrong. And the people who don't know you or haven't talked to you much didn't know. Its an honest mistake on their part.. ( I have been on that side of the fence too)  

I have many people tell me that they can "hear me" when they read what I write.. but that is probably because I have a big mouth and I talk all the time.. LOL
You are quiet and polite.

But still~~ words written are very easily misconstrued sometimes by the reader in their intent or message. So everyone needs to try to keep that in mind when reading posts..  :)

Here's an example...... look at ole' Jarhead for instance.
I mean.. by the way he posts.... if you didn't know it.. you would think he is one bad ass mean hombre...with an expertise touch in everything his little chubby fing...............   errrr... I mean .....a finely honed expert touch in all areas from those golden fingers that can go from catching the biggest fish right out from under Sarges nose... to stomping on all those berries at night to make the best wine around. ..to being a master Spelunker of buried treasure.. ( and lets not forget about his Olympic diving)  
But the actual Jarhead is just plain little ole...well~~not little exactly..  :-\.. but just plain down to earth easy going funny Ronnie.. who would never ever admit that Sarge and I can out fish him most of the time.
;D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Hefe de vaca

Quote from: Ross on August 20, 2011, 06:29:30 AM
Thank you Jefe for the compliment.
But don't you see that is what this whole county should be about.
People sticking up for each other and to be truthful about it.
Not hiding behind the vale of an organization.
Not just a few select running an organization to save the county.
That will never work. Unless you believe in Obama and his community work and planning.
I believe in people not organizations.

The organization wants what the organization wants and that's all that counts.
Where as, the people vote and support what they want as individuals.
An organization is not about individualism, it is about control by a few people grouped together
to fullfil their own desires, and to force it on everyone else and nothing more.

Surely you can't group all organizations this way. American Legion, 4-H, etc.

What I see being the desire of this group is making the county better and I don't see it happening in hiding. The people I know personally that have given time and money to this venture are wonderful people ,i.e. Dr Arbuckle from Grenola.

Mistakes are made, and as Julie said , rectified. It is quite difficult to get a concensus on any given thing , anywhere, let alone in a county like ours. We can all be hardheaded, hardnosed, and cantankerous , part of being Jayhawkers. We can also all be kind , loving, and giving, also part of being Jayhawkers. Give it a chance Ross.

" Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold."
     " How much pain the evils have cost us that never happened "

Jefferson

jarhead

Quote from what's her face:
but just plain down to earth easy going funny Ronnie.. who would never ever admit that Sarge and I can out fish him most of the time.

Har !! Har !! Har !!! Fat chance of that ever happening.
Careful there Blondie---wouldn't want someone to call you out on straying from the subject of Elk County handouts to fishing now would we ?  ;)

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 20, 2011, 08:24:29 AM

What I see being the desire of this group is making the county better and I don't see it happening in hiding. The people I know personally that have given time and money to this venture are wonderful people ,i.e. Dr Arbuckle from Grenola.

Mistakes are made, and as Julie said , rectified. It is quite difficult to get a concensus on any given thing , anywhere, let alone in a county like ours. We can all be hardheaded, hardnosed, and cantankerous , part of being Jayhawkers. We can also all be kind , loving, and giving, also part of being Jayhawkers. Give it a chance Ross.

Jefferson

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 20, 2011, 08:24:29 AM
Again you are exactly right. Elk Konnected is no way comparable.
It is full of self pride and as you so graciously provided:

Jefferson

That speaks volumes. Thanks for bringing it to light.

Just see the following letter at  http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/resources/kcl0511.pdf  
and see the reply at #2491 on: Yesterday at 09:35:58 pm ยป

Ross

I just love these statements and I hope you do too!

" There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why. "

Jefferson

I can not take credit for these statements, I borrowed them from previous posts on this thread.
But perhaps they will stimulate some talk and conversation and thinking about this beautiful county.
That is my hope and prayers.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on August 20, 2011, 05:49:51 PM
I just love these statements and I hope you do too!

" There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why. "

I can not take credit for these statements, I borrowed them from previous posts on this thread.
But perhaps they will stimulate some talk and conversation and thinking about this beautiful county.
That is my hope and prayers.

Ross, 

For the last G--D--- Time!  Quit using these statements of mine.  Just because you've posted them half a million times now does not make them any less my statements.  You've used them out of context everytime you have used them, and now you are using them, and not attributing them to anyone.  In their original context they had absolutely nothing to do Elk Konnected, they had only to do with Patriot's need for anonymity, and his and his followers (you included) distortion of facts and figures.

Here is the post that these quoted statements originated from, try reading the post in context with the discussion that was going on at the time:

http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11733.msg160234.html#msg160234

Enough of this already!

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on August 20, 2011, 07:51:00 PM
For the last G--D--- Time!  Enough of this already!

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's a copyright issue here.  Besides, emulation is the greatest form of flattery, no?  And in this case, the comparison at least appears to fit to some degree.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

I'm not talking copyright infringement, I'm talking common decency.  He has repeatedly used these statements completely out of context.  His use of them out of context has been noted, and he has been informed of what he is doing, repeatedly.

Most anyone with a modicum of scruples would heed the original authors request to cease using the statements in the manner that Ross has been doing.

I guess we'll see if Ross will live up to his oft-posted position that he does not twist words.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on August 20, 2011, 08:04:42 PM
I'm not talking copyright infringement, I'm talking common decency.  He has repeatedly used these statements completely out of context.  His use of them out of context has been noted, and he has been informed of what he is doing, repeatedly.

Most anyone with a modicum of scruples would heed the original authors request to cease using the statements in the manner that Ross has been doing.

I guess we'll see if Ross will live up to his oft-posted position that he does not twist words.

I suspect the readers will make up their own minds, sans your personal attacks on his integrity. 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk