Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

I  would start putting Mountain Dew in the dog's water bowl to keep him going. Swat the flies and comb out the fleas. I hope you all prove me wrong.

David

p.s. My offers of help were posted here on the forum under the Elk Konnected threads and not specifically to anyone person. Maybe we can save the fitness center. Just offering again.
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Quote from: jprxmkt on August 18, 2011, 07:18:31 PM
...The problem with the fitness center was not a management problem, but rather the same problem that exists across the country.  People are too, busy, lazy, fat, tired, poor, or whatever other excuse they can find to not exercise.  Obesity is at an all time high and this fitness center just confirm that lack of commitment to take care of ourselves.

You are right, not working together is one of our biggest problems in Elk County...

Well that kind of pejorative labeling of the population will surely bring people together, won't it?

Not a management problem?  If you were paying only 600 for a manager, 250 for utilities and 300 for rent and 50 for liability insurance every month for a total of 1200 in expenses, you would have needed 48 customers paying 25 a month just to break even not accounting for the cost of unemployment insurance, maintenance, etc.  Have you looked at the economy over the last 4 years?  Consider that, with the cost of travel, your market was mostly limited to Howard?  Realized how many folks in that market are on fixed incomes or low wages?  Yes... it was poor planning and poor management from the start, imo.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: jprxmkt on August 18, 2011, 06:53:28 PM
Again, not sure why this is so important to you but yes, he has the power to do these things but he is not "in charge" of EK.  Again, the steering committee "steers" EK.

It's important because the organization has their hands into the taxpayer cookie jar up to their elbows... it matters because the organization is claiming to be a 'voice of the people' of Elk County... it matters because the taxpayers have a right to expect transparency from those who would take their money and then purport to be a representative voice of the people...it matters because government employees are using government resources & spending government time working on projects for and to advance the private organization.  The lines are blurred and the taxpayers deserve to know who and why.

Thanks for almost providing a 'yes' or 'no' answer to a 'yes' or 'no' question.  It was refreshing. 

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on August 18, 2011, 03:54:28 PM
Ross, wether you used it to make people think I was being critical of EK, or to "show the legitimacy of the questions on this thread", you used my quoted words COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT!  The words you quoted were about Patriots over-the-top desire for anonymity, and had absolutely nothing to do with EK.  

Do you even understand how underhanded it is to take the words of others out of context and then use them to try and justify a postion of yours on a completley different subject?    You say in your self-agrandizing manner that you don't "twist" words, yet you do it even when you are called out about doing it.

And yet you continue to wonder why EK wont be 'engaged' in a conversation with you, day after day after day, wasting more and more of Teresa and Kjells server space!  :P
It is an excellent statement, it's that simple.
And since when is it your concern of Teresa and Kjells server space?
Don't you think they are responsible people that can take care of themselves?
They can pull the plug on me anytime they desire, don't you understand that?
Once again the statement is an excellent statement.
What about Elk Konnected's anonymity and everything connected with it?
I kinda felt the whole thing was about anonymity in general since the statement discussed small groups of people.
I did not twist the words I quoted them exactly as written. And as i said I gave you credit for posting those words first.
Nothing underhanded and I really appreciated the statement. By the way where did you find that statement, did you quote someone else?
I'm truly sorry if I offended you.
But the subject really is about Elk Konnected and their hand out at the commissioners called the "Community Conversation Committee Report" meeting isn't it? Who suggested what? Secret right? Anonymity right?

sixdogsmom

Quote from: Patriot on August 18, 2011, 08:53:23 PM

It's important because the organization has their hands into the taxpayer cookie jar up to their elbows... it matters because the organization is claiming to be a 'voice of the people' of Elk County... it matters because the taxpayers have a right to expect transparency from those who would take their money and then purport to be a representative voice of the people...it matters because government employees are using government resources & spending government time working on projects for and to advance the private organization.  The lines are blurred and the taxpayers deserve to know who and why.

Thanks for almost providing a 'yes' or 'no' answer to a 'yes' or 'no' question.  It was refreshing. 

Good post Patriot!

Edie

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on August 18, 2011, 08:41:40 PM
Well that kind of pejorative labeling of the population will surely bring people together, won't it?

Not a management problem?  If you were paying only 600 for a manager, 250 for utilities and 300 for rent and 50 for liability insurance every month for a total of 1200 in expenses, you would have needed 48 customers paying 25 a month just to break even not accounting for the cost of unemployment insurance, maintenance, etc.  Have you looked at the economy over the last 4 years?  Consider that, with the cost of travel, your market was mostly limited to Howard?  Realized how many folks in that market are on fixed incomes or low wages?  Yes... it was poor planning and poor management from the start, imo.
But did you notice it was all talk about Howard not Elk County. Not Moline, not Longton, not the  other communities?
Just Howard. What is Howards problem with the rest of the communities? Keep Howard from becoming a ghost town, that's what I read.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on August 18, 2011, 09:05:45 PM
But did you notice it was all talk about Howard not Elk County. Not Moline, not Longton, not the  other communities?
Just Howard. What is Howards problem with the rest of the communities? Keep Howard from becoming a ghost town, that's what I read.

I noticed.  But Ross, to be honest, I don't think it's a problem between the general citizenry of Howard and the other communities.  I believe all citizens have a certain 'local pride', but not to the total exclusion of the other communities.  No, I think it's more about the overinflated view of a few elites who think Howard is somehow 'better' or more deserving than the other communities.  Funny how a few seem to set the tone for all.  Even though the majority may not share the same view.  But, I could be wrong.

sodbuster

Ross and Patriot I mentioned Howard not anyone else. I love Howard and Moline and care less about the rest of Elk County. Remember I don't live there. So it seems you were using my words to suggest they were the words of Elk Konnected or anyone else living in EK. Just like you twisted Charles words. Both Ross and Patriot have been less than civil on this thread (I have been too)  and I admit that fact. I see the whole county swirling down the brown water drain. I hope you all can escape the vortex.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

redcliffsw

Quote from: Patriot on August 18, 2011, 08:53:23 PM

Patriot, that's an excellent statement.  There'll be no agreement and support from the communists on that. 

jarhead

quote from sodbuster:
I love Howard and Moline and care less about the rest of Elk County.

The rest of the county feels the same about you.

quote from sodbuster :
I see the whole county swirling down the brown water drain. I hope you all can escape the vortex.

I think we will be able to "escape the vortex" as long as we aint got a bunch of twinkle toed (blankedy blanks ) from mamby pamby land coming here trying to contaminate our county

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk