Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMThere are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.  

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why.  What does the individual or group have to gain (or lose) by the presentation of unadulterated facts or statistical analysis?
How true! Especially in the case of this Hand Out to the County Commissioners, because there is no proof that anyone outside of those that wrote this handout had any input into it! It was all performed behind a cloak of anonymity, Isn't that right Mr. Durbin? So where may I ask do you get "unadulterated facts or statistical analysis"? Can you tell us who suggested any of the suggestions? Then can you prove it?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMNow as for how this relates to this specific Forum topic.  I believe Elk Konnected has been very open about the identity of their members and their agenda.  There are posts on this very Forum that list out many active members of Elk Konnected.
You may believe they have been open and you are entitled to your opinion. However our opinion is different from your's. Otherwise, why won't they come forward Mr. Durbin?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMI know the vast majority of the members of Elk Konnected and I believe their motives to be progressive in the classical sense; a change from the status quo to something new and different.
What is new and different than hiding behind cloak of anonymity? Is it the same old "Good old boys network" in disguise? Oh yes, a couple of things are different, like total control of any one attending their so called "Community Conversations" or throw them out, right? The circle of chairs, that to is different isn't it? Writting letters praising themselves, who ever they are, thats new in Elk County isn't it? You say you know the admitted members but won't say who they are or ask them to come forward, why? Mr. Durbin why are they so evasive if it is such a good thing? What are their motives? Please be specific? Better yet have them come onboard the forum and discuss it with the citizens of Elk County, please? Afterall this thread has been Read 25343 times, just look at the top right hand side of this page. That is far more than any web page Elk Konnected has, so they would get far more coverage here than anywhere else. Don't you think Mr. Durbin?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMNot Radically progressive or even Liberally progressive, but Moderately to Conservatively progressive.  If I need to expound on the meaning of the previous sentence, just ask.  
Mr. Durbin that statement is open for interpretation and opinion isn't it? My personal opinion and interpretation could be just opposite of yours, right? So could anyone else's! Right?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMFrom the nature and content of your posts, Patriot, I infer that your general political beliefs fall into the Reactionary sector of the spectrum coupled with a fondness for Libertarian or possibly anarcho-capitalistic ideals.  Again, if I need to expand upon those terms, just ask.
You are entitled to your opinions and interpretations just as we are. So you again, basically say nothing, right? Are you a politician? The reason, I ask is your statements sound like that of an evasive politician. Mr. Durbin again your interprtation and opinion could be very wrong, don't you see?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMI find that here, on other forums, blog-spots, television news channels, etc political agendas similar to the one I just inferred upon you get presented without the audience being informed as to who or whom is backing that position.  I mean Glenn Beck and the like do every now and then slip up and make an off the cuff comment thanking the Koch Brothers or one of their many political hacks, but does the the general public know anymore about their political and economic motives then they do about George Soros'?  
You may infer anything your heart desires but that does not make it so, now does it? And we are not any of the things you infer or list in the above statement! Jeeze what a waste of your time to suggest so. We are citizens of Elk County. We have only been asking simple civil questions on this forum about an organization that claims to be there for Elk County! But there are no answers, why?

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PMThe lack of transparency is just as bad on the reactionary right side of the political spectrum as it is on the radically liberal left.
Anyone who chastises the motives and transparency of another person or group from behind a cloak of anonymity certainly should not be shocked when labeled a hypocrite.

Charles M. Durbin

And you, Mr. Durbin use flintauqua except on this post where you use your name, right? So you really can't refer to anyone on this forum as a hypocrite, now can you? Unless of course you are including yourself, in my humble opinion.

Take a look at the top left of this post and you see my name Ross not some fictious name, now do you? So to refer to anyone using a fictious name is hypocritical isn't it?

Considering you know so much and none of the followers or volunteers do, would you please answer the following questions and perhaps invite these people to join us on this open forum for the benefit of Elk County and all the little children that Elk Konnected claims to do so much for? Can you do that?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

sodbuster

Quote from: Ross on August 15, 2011, 08:58:55 PM
How true! Especially in the case of this Hand Out to the County Commissioners, because there is no proof that anyone outside of those that wrote this handout had any input into it! It was all performed behind a cloak of anonymity, Isn't that right Mr. Durbin? So where may I ask do you get "unadulterated facts or statistical analysis"? Can you tell us who suggested any of the suggestions? Then can you prove it?

You may believe they have been open and you are entitled to your opinion. However our opinion is different from your's. Otherwise, why won't they come forward Mr. Durbin?

What is new and different than hiding behind cloak of anonymity? Is it the same old "Good old boys network" in disguise? Oh yes, a couple of things are different, like total control of any one attending their so called "Community Conversations" or throw them out, right? The circle of chairs, that to is different isn't it? Writting letters praising themselves, who ever they are, thats new in Elk County isn't it? You say you know the admitted members but won't say who they are or ask them to come forward, why? Mr. Durbin why are they so evasive if it is such a good thing? What are their motives? Please be specific? Better yet have them come onboard the forum and discuss it with the citizens of Elk County, please? Afterall this thread has been Read 25343 times, just look at the top right hand side of this page. That is far more than any web page Elk konnected has, so they would get far more coverage her than anywhere else. Don't you think Mr. Durbin?

Mr. Durbin that statement is open for interpretation and opinion isn't it? My personal opinion and interpretation could be just opposite of yours, right? So could anyone else's! Right?

You are entitled to your opinions and interpretations just as we are. So you again, basically say nothing, right? Are you a politician? The reason, I ask is your statements sound like that of an evasive politician. Mr. Durbin again your interprtation and opinion could be very wrong, don't you see?

You may infer anything your heart desires but that does not make it so, now does it? And we are not any of the things you infer or list in the above statement! Jeeze what a waste of your time to suggest so. We are citizens of Elk County. We have only been asking simple questions on this forum about an organization that claims to be there for Elk County! But there are no answers, why?

And you, Mr. Durbin use flintauqua except on this post where you use your name, right? So you really can't refer to anyone on this forum as a hypocrite, now can you? Unless of course you are including yourself, in my humble opinion.

Take a look at the top left of this post and you see my name Ross not some fictious name, now do you? So to refer to anyone using a fictious name is hypocritical isn't it?

Considering you know so much and none of the followers or volunteers do, would you please answer the following questions and perhaps invite these people to join us on this open forum for the benefit of Elk County and all the little children that Elk Konnected claims to do so much for? Can you do that?

Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Ross you are digging deep to quot Charles posts from 4 months ago. This thread is dead.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on August 15, 2011, 09:09:10 PM
Ross you are digging deep to quot Charles posts from 4 months ago. This thread is dead.

David
No, David you are wrong, it's still being read, you responded didn't you?
But did you read and learn anything?

jarhead

Quote from Ross:

Good comeback Ross---and very true

sodbuster

Quote from: Ross on August 15, 2011, 09:16:21 PM
But did you read and learn anything?

I did respond so it is not dead, you are right. Did I learn anything from the thread yes I did and I think others did too. Jarhead is right good comeback. At this point though I think you all are just complaining and have no real resolve to actually take the steps necessary to get your answers. I think you all are just venting your frustrations here on the forum but don't have the resolve to get the answers from your County Commissioners.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Patriot

Speaking of not dead...

Why does Elk county need two budget line items for fun n games?  A special budget line item for money reserved for youth activities AND one for parks and recreation?

I know one is mandated & holds revenue received from booze tax (don't know how much there is in that one), but why another $10,000 line item for the kiddies? 

Then there's that off budget private grant fund of $13,800+. obtained by the county youth development coordinator for use by Elk Konnected for the summer day Kamp.

And Elk Konnected seems to have their hands (and name) in much of it in one way or another... 

Yet we're short (over budget) by something like $14,000 on our state unemployment insurance payments for the year? 

Priorities? Who the heck made this years budget?  What will next years look like?
How much does Elk Konnected need?  EK,  how much have you raised outside the courthouse?  Does your annual feed fest raise more than the 3 grand or so need to pay dues to Public Square Communities, LLC.?  If so, where does the extra go?  If not, where (besides the courthouse) do you raise money for all the 'good things' folks say you accomplish?  Or is the county (and county employee grant getting) your only source?

Tell us more, Elk Konnected.  Inquiring minds wanna know.  Enlighten us please. 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on August 15, 2011, 09:35:31 PM
I did respond so it is not dead, you are right. Did I learn anything from the thread yes I did and I think others did too. Jarhead is right good comeback. At this point though I think you all are just complaining and have no real resolve to actually take the steps necessary to get your answers. I think you all are just venting your frustrations here on the forum but don't have the resolve to get the answers from your County Commissioners.

David

Quote from: sodbuster on August 15, 2011, 09:35:31 PM
I think you all are just venting your frustrations here on the forum but don't have the resolve to get the answers from your County Commissioners.
David two of our County Commissioners sound like Elk Konnected cheerleaders or followers/supporters at the County Commissioners Meeting but don't claim any ownership of Elk Konnected. So are you saying you know something we don't?

I'm not complaining David, I am just asking civil questions. But I can see you have no idea what the difference is between the civil questions and complaining?

As far as flitaqua post somehow I think I failed to read it earlier and respond to it. I just didn't recall his remarks. But I really did enjoy his comment:
Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 03:08:44 PM
There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome.  

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why.

Didn't you enjoy that one?

What is the problem of asking questions David, of an organization that claims to be there to pull Elk County together?

How can they do that behind a cloak of anonymity per flintaqua's quote above?

This thread will continue until some questions are answered and if properly done could become a supportive thread fo Elk Konnected. How does that sound David?

What is so terribly hard to answer about these questions? So do you have the answers you claimed in earlier posts?

You claimed to have great connections didn't you? Here are the civil questions again:

Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC one and the same? Or are they separate entities?
I'd prefer answers from Elk Konnected David. Is it possible for you to use your influence to get them to come onboard?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

jprxmkt

Who steers the steering committee?  No One! It is what is says it is. The Steering Committee.

Elk Konnected?  No one "owns" it. Each Committe leader reports to the Steering Committee which "oversees" Elk Konnected and/or Elk Konnected LLC

Who is their Leader? There is no "one" leader.  The Steering Committee is it's leader.  All the Steering Committee members are local people from each different town whose names have already been mentioned on the thread many pages ago.

We are not hiding behind anything.  We would like to answer your questions but when you insinuate things without any proof in the name of "getting to the truth" you push away everyone who can answer such questions.

Patriot

Quote from: jprxmkt on August 17, 2011, 12:55:05 PM
Who steers the steering committee?  No One! It is what is says it is. The Steering Committee.

Elk Konnected?  No one "owns" it. Each Committe leader reports to the Steering Committee which "oversees" Elk Konnected and/or Elk Konnected LLC

Who is their Leader? There is no "one" leader.  The Steering Committee is it's leader.  All the Steering Committee members are local people from each different town whose names have already been mentioned on the thread many pages ago.

We are not hiding behind anything.  We would like to answer your questions but when you insinuate things without any proof in the name of "getting to the truth" you push away everyone who can answer such questions.

Thank you.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that when Elk Konnected LLC filed with the State of Kansas (via Form DL 51-09 or equivalent), there were no admitted or managing members, as defined by statute identified in any verbal or written agreement.  And there are, to this date, no admitted or managing members by agreement who receive personal liability protections from their association with the LLC?

If you are saying there are no admitted members or admitted managing members, then I'm confused, as Kansas law appears to say the very definition of an LLC is an entity with at least one such person:

K.S.A. 17-7663.   Definitions. As used in this act unless the context otherwise requires:...

(f)   "Limited liability company" and "domestic limited liability company" means a limited liability company formed under the laws of the state of Kansas and having one or more members.

Any explanation you can provide would be helpful.

Patriot

I'm sure clarification to the above is forthcoming.  To save time, there are a couple of other definitions in Kansas law that might be helpful.

K.S.A. 17-7663.   Definitions. As used in this act unless the context otherwise requires:...

(g)   "Operating agreement" means any agreement, written or oral, of the member or members as to the affairs of a limited liability company and the conduct of its business.

(k)   "Manager" means a person who is named as a manager of a limited liability company in, or designated as a manager of, a limited liability company pursuant to an operating agreement or similar instrument under which the limited liability company is formed.

(l)   "Member" means a person who has been admitted to a limited liability company as a member as provided in K.S.A. 17-7686, and amendments thereto, or, in the case of a foreign limited liability company, in accordance with the laws of the state or foreign country or other foreign jurisdiction under which the foreign limited liability company is organized.

(m)   "Person" means a natural person, partnership (whether general or limited and whether domestic or foreign), limited liability company, foreign limited liability company, trust, estate, association, corporation, custodian, nominee or any other individual or entity in its own or any representative capacity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk