Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on August 07, 2011, 02:48:49 PM
You guys forgot that PSC and EK LLC are intertwined  Kansas Communities LLC to "build and rebuild community across Kansas.
Public Squares Communities, LLC requires Elk Konnected to pay them with monies from the public's four squares as they call it and that includes the community governments tax dollars.

Quote, "Accreditation requires that four sectors – business, education human service and government share leadership and funding for managing their development efforts

and

pay an annual fee of $1,500 to $4,000 depending on population. The fee must come from at least three of the four public square sectors.

Accreditation is granted by a 4-person peer review team from other communities and regional partners.
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/mission.htm#Accreditation

Doesn't education equal school taxes as part of our property taxes?

readyaimduck

lol, thank you both.  I knew who they were and tried to do research on them
Just wanted to ask if that was an important gig for them.  As well as EKonnected.
See were I am going?
ready

Ross

Quote, "Accreditation requires that four sectors – business, education human service and government share leadership and funding for managing their development efforts

Does this mean that government must share leadership in Elk Konnected? If so, how can PSC stipulate what we elect our officials to do?
and

pay an annual fee of $1,500 to $4,000 depending on population. The fee must come from at least three of the four public square sectors.

Will Elk Konnected continue to ask for more money for one project after another? While still collecting their fees from our taxes to pay PSC?

Will the hand outs to Elk Konnected ever end?

What is the connection between Elk Konnected, LLC and Elk Konnected?
Since the Elk Konnected, LLC owns and operates a business in Howard can't they use it's profits to do it's funding or will they continue to ask for Welfare from Elk County?

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 07, 2011, 04:20:46 PM
lol, thank you both.  I knew who they were and tried to do research on them
Just wanted to ask if that was an important gig for them.  As well as EKonnected.
See were I am going?
ready

Sure, I think both are bound to be making mooney off the taxpayer, don't you?
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/index.php

readyaimduck

I question the methods of Public Squares...They are being paid for something that people have been doing for years...and now money is tight...so the old adage goes:  when people are happy, stay away.  When people are depressed, move in.
(that was paraphrased)

Why are we only hearing about Elk Connected and not Public Squares?  If the thing went sour...then they should claim 'Mea Culpa".

Good luck with that one!  Methinks there are puppets out there that don't want to admit to trying and now, trying to save face.
IMHO.
ready

readyaimduck

Quotewhich are recognized, linked and elevated – locally,

how are they recognized?   by a website, but not locally?   Yet, locally through Elk Konnected?

ready

Ross

Yea, really weird what some people will believe.
But hand out lollipops and it helps strengthen the beliefs.
Weird, weird, weird. IMHO

Ross

What happened to Ek@KC or was that ELK@KC we have been waiting to hear more from you.
Do you  by chance live in KC?

Come on good buddy talk to us. Over. 10-4 Good buddy.

sodbuster

Ross and others ; no one from Elk Konnected or Public Sqare is going to respond to you here on the forum. They have no legal duty to do so and in my opinion your tone will prevent them from doing so.  Your only path is   to get your answers from your government officials. What have you done to get an official response?  Are you guys just bitching or are your serious. Review your open meeting laws and you will see why your answers will never come on a private forum like what we are on now.
David  
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on August 07, 2011, 09:48:19 PM
Ross and others ; no one from Elk Konnected or Public Sqare is going to respond to you here on the forum. They have no legal duty to do so and in my opinion your tone will prevent them from doing so.  Your only path is   to get your answers from your government officials. What have you done to get an official response?  Are you guys just bitching or are your serious. Review your open meeting laws and you will see why your answers will never come on a private forum like what we are on now.
David  
David,

I'm sorry buddy but to be truthful, we are not here looking for your's or anyone else's advice.
I don't think you understand the purpose of this thread or you would understand advice is not what it's about.

This thread is about asking questions and sharing information and if the people with the answers don't wish to respond that is their choice. They know we are here and that we are not the ones hiding now are we?  Simple, huh?

Yes, David I have stood in front of our County Commissioners on few occassions.

David, what is it about this thread that actually bothers you?

Unless you have any real answers, please don't let this thread bother you.

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC one and the same? Or are they separate entities?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk