Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Dang it.. I need to get to bed.. I can't stay up all night splitting this thread..
PLEASE Wilma...~~~ look a the topic before you post.. Thank you!!!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on July 14, 2011, 09:56:56 PM
Dang it.. I need to get to bed.. I can't stay up all night splitting this thread..
PLEASE Wilma...~~~ look a the topic before you post.. Thank you!!!

Sorry, Teresa. Mother is old, you know.

Wilma

Sorry, Teresa, but what I posted that you must have moved to the thread where it belonged, was in response to the quote that Sodbuster posted from a post made by Hillbilly.  You will find that quote on page 214, reply 2138 in this thread.  After reading the quote, I looked for the original in this thread and failed to find it, so assumed that it had been removed.  Later, after I had posted, I found it in the Road 7 thread in the Coffee Shop.  I do not know how Sodbuster got the quote over to this thread in Politics.

Thank you for finding my post and putting it in the right thread.  Now if someone would just tell me how a post in the Coffee Shop section, found it's way to Politics, I might not be so confused.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 08:06:13 AM
...Now if someone would just tell me how a post in the Coffee Shop section, found it's way to Politics, I might not be so confused.

Sodbuster knows all the answers, he said so earlier.  He's a magician who performs the impossible.

Seriously, it's a matter of coding & cut n paste.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Well, isn't it nice that someone can find what they look for?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 08:16:40 AM
Well, isn't it nice that someone can find what they look for?

Finding one's backside with both hands is always easier than finding the truth in a room full of backsides, smoke and mirrors.

Varmit

you know, i'm really not worried about elk konnected or their goals, they can go scratch for all i care. what bothers me is the connection our elected commissioners have with ek and how they allow that connection to influence the governing of our county.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Quote from: Varmit on July 15, 2011, 08:49:09 AM
you know, i'm really not worried about elk konnected or their goals, they can go scratch for all i care. what bothers me is the connection our elected commissioners have with ek and how they allow that connection to influence the governing of our county.

And THAT is the issue.  How do these two bodies connect & interact?  Thanks for being one of the few who 'get it', Varmit.

Ross

Quote from: Varmit on July 15, 2011, 08:49:09 AM
Well, varmit just for your information, I believe they have two followers on the Wext Elk School Board.  And if you read the magazine Kansas Country Living provided by Caney Valley Electric Co. Page 22 July issue article by Liz Hendricks you might find it interesting.

This article did list her as Elk County Commissioner. I do question her throwing our County Government behind any article connected with Elk Konnected or Public Squares Communities, LLC ??? I believe she should determine for herself what she wants to be -- Elk Konnected or Public Squares Communities, LLC or Elk County Commissioner. When she puts her title as Elk County Commissioner on any thing that is not Elk County Government she is in effect saying we all support her in that endeavor. Which is totally not true, therefore misrepreseting each and every one of us. Don't you think?

The article has in Green large letters and I quote:

"If you fail the first time, get back on your horse and ride smarter the next time."

The article is about Fort Scott who is ssociated with Public Squares Communities, LLC  but actually it points out what I fell is the  real attitude of the public squares type of attitude and I feel that means ignore the citizens. IMHO

To me that means and simply translates to, if the citizens of the actual community don't go along with what public squares community want's simply get a new game plan and keep hammering the true citizens of the actual community until they fold their hand and lay down their cards.. Keep hammering untill the citizens give up and quit. That's what I got from the article. That's my opinion of the article. What good really comes of it, except for bragging rights for the perpetrators to say they won and more taxes for the citizens. You can try to help me understand this but I don't believe there is a  more logical explanation.

They say keep trying so are you ready for another School Bond Election for $5.0 million istead of $5.5 million.
or how about that other idea:

Unified Gov't (w/in the county) to save money and become more unified (do away with city gov't, councils­
(cont.) all centrally located-one managing body) (Big Ideas's)
Who steers the steering committee?
[/color]

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is your Leader?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on July 14, 2011, 09:34:47 PM
Ross and Patriot. I am the only lifelong non-smoker in a family of cigarette smokers. I also, don't smoke pot. Don't you guys see that I have been making you dance like my little puppets on a string for my own amusement? I am Spartacus. I am the answers that you seek and I refer you to your fellow citizens of EK who run Elk Konnected, LLC.

David
If you're not smokin you must be snortin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk