Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 07:11:02 PM
I hope the members do break their silence and communicate, not only with you, per se, but with all those who honestly do have the same questions you do.

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 09:25:24 PM
Now, this is the conversation that I would have loved to have many posts ago...And I can respect the person stating his case.

Taking you at face value, thank you for the sensible approach.  That I can appreciate.

If I recall, most of our concerns & questions were pretty clear in the beginning.  Perhaps we can find ways to address them now, without defensiveness or fruitless side trips into unrelated matters or personal attacks.  I would sure hope so.

Again, thanks for the rational approach.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Judy Harder

I ain't no big guy, however if I sweat 5 pounds off my tummy putting up hay this next week I'll be happy. I'm short not to short, old and ugly and happy as hell on my little 60 acres. Happy to be out of the rat race of the big cities. Happy to be able to go pee in my pasture if I choose, Happy to walk down to my pond for solace and a word with God. But I am still just a crazy old fart.

I think we all can admit to most of that.......heck, would love to be out in the back 40, doing all of that.
I choose to live in Elk County...........I am a Topekan native and yes, I am proud of my back ground. I just deal better down here than in a big city. I think if we skip generations and go back, I was once a pioneer and or barefoot hillbilly...........cause, I just do fit into my family. Might I say, "I march to my own drummer!" or something. Nice to meet you.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 08, 2011, 08:25:33 PM
So....Blueberryies/Blackberries and pecans/black walnuts raised in Elk/Greenwood/Chatauqua County aren't fruits and nuts anymore?
dang!  STEVE! 
<<<<<sarcasm off, I think I knew what you meant.
ready

LOL well they have hollyweird, gayfransico, san bernadino.  I paid my penance there years ago, and all i got for it was a severe case of desert fever.  (Bronchitus in the soil there).  I was never so glad to get the hell out of dodge back then.  The ONLY saving grace of LA was they had the fatburger restaurant.  Mmmmmmm...... Big fat juicy burgers and fries deep fried in lard.  Gotta love that place
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: sodbuster on July 08, 2011, 08:30:04 PM
Steve we prefer to call them gay and excentric (eccentric is the correct spelling, Just a typo that x and c are close). I'd like to see you say that to the "dikes on bikes" or the dude at 8th and Mission. By the way I think some of them are from the South. (And I don't mean Mexico, though I am sure some are from there too.)

David
Probably so we sent them out that way. said they would be much happier there.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Folks,

I don't want you disillusioned, nor do I want to be disillusioned and I sure hope you can appreciate that.

For all the nastiness and constant diversions to suddenly disappear is unsettling to me. It has really set me back a step.

As the skeptic I am from having been a federal government employee for many years, I just don't buy it. Sorry.

It's sort of like the tactics of the man from Wichita County. And by that IMHO I mean he comes across as a nice guy, but I do Not for one minute believe he would hesitate to attempt making a fool out of a person for his own gain. Such as politely, and using a soft voice and a microphone to ask where the sheriff is.

No, you see I am still the same person that started this thread, open, honest and interested in the county in which I live.

I see things tending to go the way of city life and the citizens of the county's right's being eroded. Now that is my personal honest opinion.

Now because someone that use to live here, but now lives in California thinks he has all the answers in Elk County, I am asked to change my method of posting and everyone that has opposed this thread is suddenly my friend which leaves a lot of suspicion in my mind. And it happens just hours efore Sodbusters appearance on the thread.

No I don't believe I will change my  style of posting at the request of a newbie in California that comes with his first post on this thread. He may say:
Quote from: sodbuster on July 08, 2011, 06:10:10 PM
I think it is an important topic.
But fails to express how he feels about the topic.
Quote from: sodbuster on July 08, 2011, 06:10:10 PM
Right now this thread is doing nothing to dispel the incorrect notion that you all are unsophisticated hicks.
Well, sir that's exactly what I am and want to be. I have had a life time of sophisticated, hi-falluten, back-stabbin liars. They lacked the couth to be truthful and that is part of the reason our country is in the shape it is. Misspelled intentionally.

Those that are staying hidden must have a reason to hide and I can't figure out why. If there organization is for the betterment of Elk County I feel they would be proud of that fact and come forward. Very simple.

My grandiose of flashy posting as you suggest is no different then their headline grabbing or letter writing and publishing on the Internet and a local magazine. And I don't Hear you asking them to stop their way of grabbing the proverbial limelight.

So no thank you Sodbuster. I hope you are enjoying California, I know I did when I lived there. I just wouldn't want to live there permanently.

President Teddy Roosevelt: "the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... Who strives valiantly."

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Leader?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

Catwoman

Mr. Ross...I was expecting this reaction on your part.  Sodbuster was honestly offering you his help...No switch and bait attempted there.  As for the sudden lack of accrimony on everyone's part...Don't you suspect, since you admit to being suspicious, that it just might be that all of the mature adults who post here are just flat sick and tired of all the sophomoric antics?  You have valid questions...Which a rational, thought out approach might get answers to.  I know that the constant fighting is an addictive thing...But let it go and concentrate on your questions.

Catwoman

thatsMRSc2u

Quoteeveryone that has opposed this thread is suddenly my friend

I aint your friend and I dont care about your thread.

readyaimduck

QuoteI aint your friend and I dont care about your thread.

Then please give yourself permission to not post anymore....promise?
That would be your thatsMRS 2ยข to you.
snarky, yes.  honest, yes.

We are discussing wether or not the county is misusing funds, that you as taxpayers pay.
If you don't care...don't respond.
Simple, very simple.

ready

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on July 09, 2011, 11:45:53 AM
Mr. Ross...I was expecting this reaction on your part.  Sodbuster was honestly offering you his help...No switch and bait attempted there.  As for the sudden lack of accrimony on everyone's part...Don't you suspect, since you admit to being suspicious, that it just might be that all of the mature adults who post here are just flat sick and tired of all the sophomoric antics?  You have valid questions...Which a rational, thought out approach might get answers to.  I know that the constant fighting is an addictive thing...But let it go and concentrate on your questions.
Catwoman

Mr. Ross...I was expecting this reaction on your part.  
I didn't know what to expect of me so you are very good. It was a polite response.

Sodbuster was honestly offering you his help...No switch and bait attempted there.  
Sodbuster is welcome to do whatever he can do, no one has said otherwise. However that does not privilege to tell me what to do. I was in no way disrespectful to sodbuster the newbie to this thread.

As for the sudden lack of accrimony on everyone's part...Don't you suspect, since you admit to being suspicious, that it just might be that all of the mature adults who post here are just flat sick and tired of all the sophomoric antics?  
Nope, I don't believe that at all.

You have valid questions...
Thank you, I appreciate this remark.

I know that the constant fighting is an addictive thing...But let it go and concentrate on your questions.
I didn't care for the sophomoric actions and attitudes but I figured it was entertaining to those that perpetrated it. So let's move on, okay.

President Teddy Roosevelt: "the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... Who strives valiantly."
Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Leader?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

readyaimduck

Quotemisusing funds

Perhaps a more appropriate word might be: re-directing, miss-representing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk