Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

If you drill for water in Elk County, you are more likely to not get water of any kind.  In the northwest part of Union Center, there is what I suppose you would call an aquifer but the water is so full of iron that it eats up your pipes in a hurry.  I am not sure where it starts and it is only maybe half a mile to a mile wide.  Runs southwest to northeast and is three miles long that I know of.  We owned a pasture for a while that had a hand dug well that old timers told us never went dry.  In dry spells the farmers would come and fill their hauling tanks from the well.  But a mile and an half southeast of there, my folks had a well that had water during wet times and the rest of the time was dry.  They depended on the runoff from the house into the cistern and hauling water from Howard to fill the cistern.

Ready, I think this might be a draw to an inside straight attempt.  I hope the drilling doesn't happen.  But I have no land to lease so I don't have to worry about whether to or not.

readyaimduck

I agree Wilma.  I rarely draw to an inside straight, however I have been known to hit a few.

The rust in the water is what I grew up with....that metallic taste, of which I loved. 
To this day bottled wated tastes ....well just down right flat!

This is a delicate problem I think...and it really needs to be thought out to the big picture, the end result.
The big companies don't care about your lives as Elk Countians...(to steal a phrase)  ;D
The big companies are out for themselves and if you don't have the power, nor the money to stop....
then you are in their pursestrings...and they pay piddley.  Because they want you to think they care, but they don't.

Don't misunderstand me.  There are good and upstanding oil/gas companies out there. 
Just please, don't fall for the first guy off the bus because you want to be the first!

Diane Amberg

Ready? Ya don't think I was stating the obvious?  ;D  Isn't all that exploratory drilling part of why our gas so so expensive...and the speculators of course?  It will all get passed along one way or another.
 Wilma, thanks for the information.There seem to be plenty of good creeks and ponds but nothing to brag about in terms of a water table I guess. I'm sure it's was all  mapped out years ago and the information would be available somewhere. The "poke and hope" method has surely been modernized over the years. Our well at home had a good bit of iron too and I always loved it. I'm on city water here, not nearly as tasty to my way of thinking.

kshillbillys

Back to the purpose of this thread...thanks....

Who are the admitted members who own, and run, Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

readyaimduck

Quote"poke and hope"
there ya go ks   answered.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jarhead

Don't get me wrong because I am all for not contaminating our drinking water but y'all are acting like drilling and fraking wells is something new. I used to have a 1921 map of the oil/dry wells drilled in Elk county. If you live in Longton there is a pretty good chance that your house is sitting on an old cable tool hole. You know how they used to plug the wells? Whittle a hedge post to fit the casing and drive it in like a cork. This county was punched full of holes long before most of us were born. Most of the wells in and at the edge of Longton were what they called the Big Salt Sand. That is only around 400 feet deep. Our fresh water drilled wells are between 80-100 feet. You hit the white sand for fresh water you can only go so many feet into it and you go too deep and you got yourself a salt water well---and it has nothing to do with the oil wells. Fraking the wells has been going on for decades and yes, acidizing the wells. Some pump the salt water right back in the zone it came from but a lot of disposal wells are over 1,000 feet deep and cemented from top to bottom so the salt water will never get into the fresh water zone. Y'all are working yourself into a lather when you need not to but don't take my word for it. Ask Frank Winn. He has forgot more about drilling and such than most of us ever knew. Now carry on Kshillbilly.

Patriot

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 27, 2011, 08:02:21 PM
Back to the purpose of this thread...thanks....

Keep those non-registered guests & members of the ever-awakening public coming back.  I love it.  Hearing more each day about that silent majority beginning to put it all together.  Remember you can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

Two months and still no clear, factual answers.  Just unauthorized pundits defending their friends and associates.  Amazing.  Just remember silence and deflection speaks volumes.   Why is Elk Konnected, LLC  not soliciting its' own grants thereby funding its' activities on its' own, rather than relying on the county to do it for them?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

thatsMRSc2u

Quote from: jarhead on June 27, 2011, 08:42:37 PM
Don't get me wrong because I am all for not contaminating our drinking water but y'all are acting like drilling and fraking wells is something new. I used to have a 1921 map of the oil/dry wells drilled in Elk county. If you live in Longton there is a pretty good chance that your house is sitting on an old cable tool hole. You know how they used to plug the wells? Whittle a hedge post to fit the casing and drive it in like a cork. This county was punched full of holes long before most of us were born. Most of the wells in and at the edge of Longton were what they called the Big Salt Sand. That is only around 400 feet deep. Our fresh water drilled wells are between 80-100 feet. You hit the white sand for fresh water you can only go so many feet into it and you go too deep and you got yourself a salt water well---and it has nothing to do with the oil wells. Fraking the wells has been going on for decades and yes, acidizing the wells. Some pump the salt water right back in the zone it came from but a lot of disposal wells are over 1,000 feet deep and cemented from top to bottom so the salt water will never get into the fresh water zone. Y'all are working yourself into a lather when you need not to but don't take my word for it. Ask Frank Winn. He has forgot more about drilling and such than most of us ever knew. Now carry on Kshillbilly.

Some of us grew up on oil field pay Jar and still have sense enough to know that just cause they always done it dont mean it was ever a good idea. Some of us have "been in a lather" about it for years and for good reason. They USED to spray DDT like air freshener too.

I am respectfully disagreeing with you. Respectfully cause I agree with you on some things :) THAT oughta ruin your whole evenin  ;D ;D

jarhead

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 27, 2011, 09:15:39 PM

I am respectfully disagreeing with you. Respectfully cause I agree with you on some things :) THAT oughta ruin your whole evenin  ;D ;D
Pam, you are only saying that because you think I will give you the Calf Creek point I found last year.---it's a fine Archaic specimen---and the Snyder point I found with it---Early to Late Woodland I'd say---not to forget the fine hafted scraper---------------------------Now can I hear how you agree with me on "ALL " things ? ;D

thatsMRSc2u

Quote from: jarhead on June 27, 2011, 09:37:55 PM
Quote from Pam:
I am respectfully disagreeing with you. Respectfully cause I agree with you on some things  THAT oughta ruin your whole evenin  
Pam, you are only saying that because you think I will give you the Calf Creek point I found last year.---it's a fine Archaic specimen---and the Snyder point I found with it---Early to Late Woodland I'd say---not to forget the fine hafted scraper---------------------------Now can I hear how you agree with me on "ALL " things ? ;D

I will not be bought  ;D

I have one calf creek point I found in Arkansas and a scraper I found when I was a kid ,think we were up on Otter crick, been too long ago lol, I even have some glass points that a friend of mines uncle made...you found my weakness :P Im a rock hound..... ;D oh crap...did I say weakness??? I meant my strong point yeah my strong point

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk