Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Sooooo.... you are the Puppet Master, huh?  You do know that you have caused many of us on this forum  a mind-blowing experience? 

What was that?  You don't understand what I mean by "mind-blowing experience" ??? 

Here... let me show you what I mean, Mr. Puppet Master
:

JarHead.... please clean up this mess and get ready to circle the chairs for the next meeting. 
We got alot of "mind-blowing" work to do

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on June 20, 2011, 02:27:18 PM
I don't know for sure who the ADMITTED MEMBERS AND THAT RUN ELK KONNECTED
There you go, that's what we are talking about.
No one knows who they are working for.
I bet someone out there can probably tell me that, that is part of the Delphi methods too.
And who is going to wake up to the manipulation Elk County citizens and government?
Just give it some thought.
Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on June 20, 2011, 01:43:58 PM
Where is Elk Konnected's Community?

I know of the Community of Moline. I can find it on the map.
I know of the Community of Elk Falls. I can find it on the map.
I know of the Community of Longton. I can find it on the map.

I don't know of the Community of Elk Konnected. I can't find it on the map.

Elk Konnected occupies most of the middle third of Flintauqua.  The center of Elk Konnected would be a few miles south of Cresco.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

jarhead

Damn WARPH. You made the mess---you clean it up. Now I need to go see a shrink because I feel a bad case of PTSD a coming on !!!!

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on June 20, 2011, 03:16:25 PM
Elk Konnected occupies most of the middle third of Flintauqua.  The center of Elk Konnected would be a few miles south of Cresco.
Never heard of Flintauqua, mut be a fantasy place.
I know where Cresco is, that's in Iowa
Here is their web page link. http://www.crescochamber.com/
Cresco is a city in Howard County, Iowa

Does that mean Elk Konnected is in the wrong State?

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on June 20, 2011, 02:20:18 PM

Have you tried Map quest ???

Are you kidding?  Mapquest doesnt' even know where we are.  Hell they can't even get the roads right.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

This was in last week's Prairie Star. Does this help or do you still have questions. Just trying to ease your wants.

Who Owns Elk Konnected, LLC

One of the first requirements to being a Public Square community is to name a steering
committee. This team or board serves as the support system and assists in communication for
Action Teams. They are the Convener for Community Conversations and help to keep Action Team
accountable to the larger community. They update the goals and vision for the community and
coordinate activities for Accreditation.

Elk Konnected's original steering committee formed in March 2007. This first steering
committee consisted of Andrea Arbuckle, David Brace, Vic Donahey, Richard Fish, Larry Galvan, Chris
Haag, Liz Hendricks, David Sanchez, and David Whetstone. They chose the name Elk Konnected. In
2008 after the vision retreat, David Brace, Chris Haag, Larry Galvan, Vic Donahey rotated off and Sally
Morgan, Nancy Barker, Caitlin JuAire, and Laura Fry joined. In 2009, Sally Morgan, Dave Sanchez,
Caitlin JuAire left and Tanner Weber, Mary Mericle joined. In 2010 Laura Fry and Richard Fish left, and
Jennifer Brummel and Julie Englebrecht joined. So far in 2011, Mary Mericle has resigned and Tommie
Provence joined. Our current steering committee is Andrea Arbuckle, Nancy Barker, Jennifer Brummel,
Julie Englebrecht, Liz Hendricks, Tommie Provence, and Dave Whetstone. We try to have engaged
positive citizens from all of our communities – Positive Conversation changes the world! The steering
committee meets monthly in various locations around the Elk Konnected land. These meetings are
open and the public is welcome to observe.

In the latter part of 2009, Elk Konnected became a limited liability company (LLC) to protect
the steering committee and the action teams from liability. This seemed necessary with the exposure
of the youth activities and the wellness center. Elk Konnected members are not paid for their many
hours of volunteerism. All monies donated or "invested" in Elk Konnected are used for action team
projects or to pay our annual fee to Public Square Communities. All monies are kept with the Elk
County Community and Education Foundation, a 501c3 foundation. Elk Konnected does not elect
officers; however we do have rotating co-conveners. We have two at a time, each serving for a year
with 6 months in a training capacity and 6 months in the lead convener role. We are also looking at
developing a more structured rotation of steering committee members.

As always, we welcome your questions and comment and we can be reached at elkkonnect@
gmail.com or feel free to contact any of the steering committee members. Stay with us as we grow!

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on June 20, 2011, 03:32:32 PM
Never heard of Flintauqua, mut be a fantasy place.
I know where Cresco is, that's in Iowa
Here is their web page link. http://www.crescochamber.com/
Cresco is a city in Howard County, Iowa

Does that mean Elk Konnected is in the wrong State?

Anyone who has traveled the two highways of Elk County (and paid attention to what they go by) knows where Cresco is.  Interesting coincidence about there being a Cresco in Howard County, Iowa since Elk County was originally the north half of Howard County, Kansas.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Catwoman

You mean that there are some who don't know where the Cresco Cemetary is?  How funny...Guess I must have lived there longer and done enough in the County that I know... ;)

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on June 20, 2011, 03:05:01 PM

Who is your Puppet Master?

This is my favorite Puppet Master:

Jeff Dunham - Puppet Master

Jeff Dunham came out of nowhere with his motley band of puppets in a suitcase. Now the voice-throwing comedian is one of America's best known stand-up acts.
Jeff Dunham has brought ventriloquism back to the stage in a startlingly fresh and irreverent way. Known from coast to coast as "the guy with the puppets", Dunham and his impressive cast of sidekicks have become one of the most popular comedic acts both in the US and abroad.

Dunham's Early Puppet Mastery
Jeff started down the road to voice-throwing excellence early in life. According to Dunham's official website, by age 8 he was already giving performances in his hometown of Dallas, Texas - with the help of a Mortimer Snerd dummy, and instruction booklet and an LP. As a teenager, Dunham performed in any venue that would have him, and after graduation from Baylor University, Jeff moved to LA to pursue his ventriloquist career full time.

Soon recognized as a rising star on the national comedy circuit, Dunham cemented his place as the latest comedy sensation with the release of his self produced Comedy Central special, "Arguing With Myself." Over 1 million DVDs of the special flew off the shelves (roughly three times what is normally seen with comedy DVD releases). Dunham had officially arrived.

Read more at Suite101: Jeff Dunham - Puppet Master: America's Favorite Comic is a Ventriloquist | Suite101.com http://www.suite101.com/content/jeff-dunham---puppet-master-a213585#ixzz1PrAh5

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk