Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

QuoteThis way might be bringing out a lot of things, but it is also creating a bad image of Elk County. 

I am not from Elk County, and I do not think there is a bad image.  It is no different then the Pocohantas Thread, of which had an outcome. 
   I see this thread as questions being raised...not guilt. Questions that have to do with your County, and as taxpaying citizens I quite frankly hope that some questions ARE answered, either to the surprise/dissapointment or acceptance by all or none.

I would like to think that anyone not from this county that are reading this particular thread would have the commen sense to realize that it is just what it is:  An open furm for discussion.
ready

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 19, 2011, 11:12:31 AM
I am not from Elk County, and I do not think there is a bad image.  It is no different then the Pocohantas Thread, of which had an outcome. 
   I see this thread as questions being raised...not guilt. Questions that have to do with your County, and as taxpaying citizens I quite frankly hope that some questions ARE answered, either to the surprise/dissapointment or acceptance by all or none.

I would like to think that anyone not from this county that are reading this particular thread would have the commen sense to realize that it is just what it is:  An open furm for discussion.
ready

I've lived in enough small towns to know that the old school thinking of keeping dirty laundry private is the wrong way to go. It allows for the good ole boy system to keep going.  IF you bring up anything that is in any way questionable into a public view as Patriot said a little light is a good thing in a world of darkness.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

kshillbillys

Wilma--A public forum is NOT always a peaceful place on Politics. It's better to shut your mouth if you have nothing to say rather to run other people into the ground and make it seem like you are the victim. Now that ain't gonna happen, is it? It may be just me, but your little innuendos along with Janet's innuendos could be construed as threatening. I mean, God hopes Ross' knee doesn't get any worse if he was to have a bad accident. Or some kook could hunt someone down because of your name on the forum and knowing that you work for the post office or some kook knowing that you live behind the county shop at Howard. And just who in the hell, Janet, in this county or as a matter of fact anywhere in the midwest excluding a few of your friends don't believe in the 2nd Amendment? I know that you spend most of your week in Independence before coming back to Howard, and after reading the shit that you put on this forum, and I do mean shit, it's easy to understand why you were voted out. If you were a fine outstanding person and actually did as good of a job as ex-sheriff, I suppose you would still be in office.

I'm glad that you both agree that this whole thing does need to be investigated and NOT by Elk County flunkies. I do like the politics that go on in this county, the only time that anybody gives a shit about the Elk County citizens is during election times. Otherwise it's "Screw 'em. They get what we give 'em!"

These are my words and only my words.---Mr. Kshillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 19, 2011, 11:12:31 AM

ready

Good point, all, ready.  Ultimately, knowledge is power.  The people deserve the power in our society, therefore they need information.  Without open discussion and sharing of information, the people remain powerless.  Stay connected, citizens.

Speaking of information, I keep reading and hearing about requests for and distributions of monies by and to Elk Konnected (and groups affiliated with or closely associated with EK steering committee members).... grant monies (government and private) as well as taxpayer monies from both city and county coffers.  Can EK and its' admirable projects and ambitious agenda not be better funded by direct donations from willing citizens? I've never received on call or letter asking for a donation to their projects.

Is the lure of grants and taxpayer funds too easy?  Or are private citizens unwilling to voluntarily donate?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 19, 2011, 11:29:24 AM
...And just who in the hell, Janet, in this county or as a matter of fact anywhere in the midwest excluding a few of your friends don't believe in the 2nd Amendment?...

Or, for that matter, how in the hell does anyone's position on the 2nd Amendment have anything to do with the question: Who are the admitted members who own, and run, Elk Konnected, LLC?

Stay connected, citizens... it's the REAL thing (to coin a phrase).
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

I believe it had to do with yesterday's comments.
ready

readyaimduck

QuoteI believe it had to do with yesterday's comments.
Which, in fact had nothing to do with who are the members..etc. 
ok, now ready  ;)

Ross

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

readyaimduck

Why are the fonts so big?  Are you shouting without capital letters?    ::)
It's a small town, and goverment as we used to know it was a 'trust' issue. 
Is this a 'trust' issue about Elk County or just 'your' trust issue?
That being said, it doesn't matter who these people are, as about what are they doing.

And, if they aren't doing anything illegal, unethical, 'dirty politics', then so be it. 
If anyone can prove that they are unethical, please, PLEASE come forward and state your proof.
Otherwise, this is a thread that has gone wild...and a thread that brings up a lot of good questions/statement/opinions.
Ergo: opinions.

ready & possibly wild

Wilma

Ross, I got about half an inch of rain last night along with wind and hail.  I already had two inches in the guage from the previous rains last week.  I know what you mean about the float didn't move.  Frustrating. isn't it.

Mr. Hillbilly:  Janet lost her last election because with her father fighting for his life and her duties as sheriff, she didn't have time to campaign as did her deputy who had filed without even telling her that he was going to.  Her father died two months before the election.  The irony of this deputy filing for sheriff was that she had gone out of her way to bring him back to Elk County.  He had been working as police chief in Cedar Vale, I think it was and having to live there while his family was living in Longton.  By hiring him as a deputy, he was able to move back to Elk County and live with his family.  He wasn't the only Elk County man that she brought back to Elk County to work.  Lynn Wells was working in Sedan when she offered him a job as deputy and enabled him to move back to Howard.  Janet has never wanted anything but the best for Elk County.  She is working in another county now because the jobs in Elk County don't pay enough.  Isn't that why your wife works in another county?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk