Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Humpy on June 16, 2011, 11:56:38 AM
Smacks of elitist micro managing.

It does a bit, doesn't it?

Is this what we have to look forward to ????

Good question Humpy.  We'll add that one to the list.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

How about that newspaper article on the front page?
ELK KONNECTED DAY CAMP GETS UNDERWAY IN HOWARD

Even though it was admitted in the County Commissioners Meeting Monday
that it is an Elk County Event and not an ELK KONNECTED Event they are still taking credit.
What nerve.

Oh, they'll say it's the papers fault, but wait Rudy told me in an email he is affiliated with Elk konnected as the editor I think he could change anything right up to the last minute and beyound.

Next excuse, it's to late to change the paper, no, I don't buy that either. Sure the deadline for ads is Monday
at 5 pm. But this is not an ad is it?

Page 6 Says Who owns Elk Konnected, LLC
As I read it no one owns Elk Konnected, no one owns responsibility for Elk Konnected.
It even says says Elk Konnected is not responsible for their own money and that their money is held by
ECCEF.

So if nobody accepts responsiblility for Elk Konnected, how in the heck can we even consider it a responsible
entity? like the father that denies responsibility and doesn't pay child support, don't ya think?

They said they became an LLC to protect the members. Protect the members from what?
Being responsible? Nobody wants responsibility? WOW, what's that about? Instead of buying insurance?
Or is there another reason?

Isn't that sort of like the irresponsible father that refuses to pay child support. He denies responsibility.
Why can't he become an LLC, too!

This just keeps getting worse everyday, or is that better? My mind is in a spin with El Konnected.

My disclaimer: This is just my opinion and I am not making an opinion for you. Just letting my forum friends know my opinion.

Patriot

Helll the code enforcement officer was kind enough to suggest his favorite color.

Is that what's meant by 'community development and community organizing'?

Then there's always 'youth development coordination '.
But I don't think that's like 'eye/hand coordination' skill development.

Who is the 'we'
Is that like 'But mom! Everybody's doing it.'? 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

It has already been said many times that the LLC was formed to protect the members from liability in case of an accident during one of their sponsored events.  Let's keep this straight and stop changing the wording of things.  As far as responsility goes, who is responsible for all this balderdash that we are being fed?  Why?  What is the reason?  Is it personal or is there really something unethical occurring?

Have you taken it to the proper authorities yet?

Catwoman

Keep asking, Wilma...I doubt you'll get an answer any faster than Pat and Ross have...That would kill the thread! lol

Wilma

Re:  the request of the Longton Ball Club for $500.00 from the county.

Ross, wherever you heard that it was doubled to $1000.00 must really be blamed on your hearing loss as many other things that you say could be.  The minutes of the Elk County Commissioner's meeting clearly stated that $500.00 was asked for and approved.  There was no mention of anyone offering to double it.  Who do I believe in this?  The reported minutes of the Commissioner's meeting of course.  They are written by one of our own long time residents of Elk County whose ethics are unimpeachable.

jarhead

Wilma,
A guy that was in Longton city hall a couple days ago said the city clerk got a call and someone wanted to talk to our City police/ ball assoc. president, and she just happened to be in the city office at the time. When she got off the phone she announced that the county had given Longton Ball $1,000. Now I wasn't there but the guy who told me that has" ethics that are unimpeachable ". Then again maybe it was just $500 and our city marshal has bad hearing !!

Ross

Quote from: jarhead on June 16, 2011, 04:32:31 PM
Wilma,
A guy that was in Longton city hall a couple days ago said the city clerk got a call and someone wanted to talk to our City police/ ball assoc. president, and she just happened to be in the city office at the time. When she got off the phone she announced that the county had given Longton Ball $1,000. Now I wasn't there but the guy who told me that has" ethics that are unimpeachable ". Then again maybe it was just $500 and our city marshal has bad hearing !!
I have a hearing problem I do admit that, it's due to serving my country It is a nerve damage type loss and I need new hearing aid due to more loss I am awaiting the new aids This is the humility I get for serving my country

Thank you for speaking up and confirming what I thought I heard

I did forget that the money for the LBA comes from a seperate recreational fund and should not affect the debt we owe.
I am happy for Longton Ball Association.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 16, 2011, 01:35:35 PM
It has already been said many times that the LLC was formed to protect the members from liability in case of an accident during one of their sponsored events. 
instead of having insurance to protect EK and the children that might get hurt at an event due to no one being responsible, just protect the members? Okay!

Ross

Quote from: jarhead on June 16, 2011, 04:32:31 PM
Wilma,
Would that be the same person listed in this weeks paper as being on the Elk Konnected, LLC Steering Committee?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk